Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was everyone hoodwinked by the media on the Mach E or what?

I agree its 2nd place...but it's not the Ev of the year like some publications are saying.
The following reasons put the Mach E in a distant 2nd.

1. Software Update is so complex and broken dealerships can't even do it.

2. Random charging speed and randomly disconnects as you walk away

3. 80 to 100% charging is only reserved for overnight charging

4. Blue cruise can't take curve turns and turns itself off

5. All of the Mach E are recalled for quality issues

So to some it's the 2nd best because it has decent range and works? But a Tesla had none of the issues above..which are all big freaken deals.
I would take a Hyundai Kona or Kia Niro over the Mach-E. Longer range, cheaper price, and better quality.

Cramer IMHO is a clown show.
I don't pretend to know about other companies..but I do know Telsa.

Cramer has flopped more often than a bass out of water.

Absolutely zero credibility in my view.

Speaking of views..this is mine.View attachment 715944
So the horns, whistles and buzzers didn't tip you off then?

Thanks. What I’m curious about is how this is institutionalized, i.e., how do they make this work across all their facilities around the world. How does it scale. Fast forward into some point in the future and Elon is not at the helm - will it be institutionalized so that it remains. The last question isn’t relevant to short term investing. The first two are. And as I said, it might be that this belongs in its own thread. IF at some point Tesla becomes what many project it will be - a juggernaut, then I started thinking about how it remains successful. Other colossuses haven’t stood the test of time. I started my career in one, Ma Bell, with a million employees… not a comparison, though Bell Labs was an awesome place.
My prediction is that it stays in the family. No guarantee a son will be as good as Elon, but we’ve got 6 shots at it and just maybe one is even better.

Alternatively, I see a very different world. Everyone tries to extrapolate the future based on today. Instead, look to history and see how technology flipped the world on its head throughout human history. I see the world being flipped again and then pile driven with the next technology advancements making your questions and concerns moot. I just hope I live long enough to see it. Hurry up, Elon!

While there is opinion against plug-in hybrids on this board, if included in the scheme (and recent rumors are they won’t be), they could make a meaningful impact on mpg across the national fleet. Even if they’re only marginally cleaner than ICE vehicles, seems like the reduction in gasoline usage could be positive. Volt owners have usually made an effort to maximize electric miles = gasoline mpg, so it seems like people choosing plug-in over standard hybrids would as well, otherwise why pay the premium?
You’ve got a broken leg. Do you want a bandaid or a cast?

I view ICE more like a cancer.

Hybrids slow tumor growth, BEVs cut the dang sickness out once and for all

The crux of the issue is battery supply of course.

Since we have data on the volt let's compare there. 18.4 kWh battery.

That's 4-5x less capacity than most "long range" EVs from legacy today.

Since we don't have enough for replace all ICE--- would we rather replace 4-5 ICE with 4-5 Hybrids (that from the volt #s drive 2/3rds of their miles on battery)... or replace 1 ICE with 1 EV and leave the other 3-4 cars ICE because there's not enough pure EVs?

From a simple "put less overall pollution into the air starting right now" perspective hybrid wins on the math.

But the question is far more complex, because encouraging a compromise solution, the futon of cars if you will, means there's less rush and less incentive to SOLVE that battery supply issue and get rid of ICE entirely.

Rob Maurer is going to wrap up soon. Tonight is most likely now.

I wouldn’t mind if they publish the P&D report a few hours before the market opens on Monday. Then there’s no time for the usual FUDsters to focus on that one element that is slightly less positive, like a small drop in Model 3 deliveries (even if Model Y and S blow away all expectations).

I think legacy auto will be just fine. Maybe not Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Mazda because they refuse to innovate, but the rest will be fine. My Ford stock has outperformed my Tesla stock by a pretty massive margin.

I have to agree that BMW is pretty innovative with the front grill design. Otherwise...

78F6FBC8-7C5A-4B13-B5A4-0778300802DB.jpeg

I wouldn’t mind if they publish the P&D report a few hours before the market opens on Monday. Then there’s no time for the usual FUDsters to focus on that one element that is slightly less positive, like a small drop in Model 3 deliveries (even if Model Y and S blow away all expectations).

Thats what I’ve been hoping they’ll do. Either Sunday night or right before the market opens on Monday

Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
I would prefer the delivery numbers be posted today, but obviously doesn’t really matter. Honestly if they wait till Monday to release em it could mean they’re better than expected, whereas if they were below expectations they may be more likely to release them when the market is closed

I tend to agree with nativewolf on this. Though I think the number could be slightly higher. Like $35k. But really the rebate would push ev manufacturers to hit that price target. That would be about the only thing it accomplishes.

Unfortunately, it would likely include plug-in hybrids which we all know is a joke.

I personally would prefer they throw the whole EV tax credit in the bin and instead focus their efforts on cleaning up our national power grid and subsidizing charging infrastructure and battery production.

Yes, EV tax credit is the wrong approach, tax ICE sales and fossil burning heavily instead. Just like Norway does. Results speak clearly: US had EV tax credit for a long time (although Tesla and GM ran out of the limit), while Norway penalizes ICE sales. Which one works better ? US has some 2-3% BEV sales, Norway just hit 77%. Clearly, the stick works much better than the carrot.