Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
13+ million in the first hour is not enough to keep it propped up?!

If ya want a clear sign of how much of today's trading is macro influenced and how much could be manipulation............just watch what happens if the macro's start rebounding. If TSLA flatlines, it's getting capped/spoofed. If this is just macro-related, it'll rebound hard with the macros. So far, volume is holding up well, even in the face of tumbling macro's.

But again, today's action doesn't matter much in the scheme of where the stock is gonna be on Jan 1st.

WTF happened now? How it is possible to be under 800 with delivery numbers like Tesla Q3??? 789$ now..

It takes time for big money on the street to calculate out a beat like that to fully buy. Once EPS gets revised up, we will see a bigger push. That should happen over the next week to 10 days.

That said, macros are a huge part of this. QQQ is down 2% and Tesla is up 2%. That's a pretty significant outperform in this headwind.

It takes time for big money on the street to calculate out a beat like that to fully buy. Once EPS gets revised up, we will see a bigger push. That should happen over the next week to 10 days.

That said, macros are a huge part of this. QQQ is down 2% and Tesla is up 2%. That's a pretty significant outperform in this headwind.
Correction: big money does not like to miss out on any gains esp those that are telegraphed by production and delivery numbers, which big money always claims is their metric for a company's success. So they sacrifice some shares to sell it down and then get in so they can lock in an expected gain.

Reactions: InTheShadows
Correction: big money does not like to miss out on any gains esp those that are telegraphed by production and delivery numbers, which big money always claims is their metric for a company's success. So they sacrifice some shares to sell it down and then get in so they can lock in an expected gain.

The sell side is selling from the jump this morning... the buy side is still calculating what this means before buying. They need to have their own idea of their price targets are impacted by this beat. This is what I mean by fully buying in. This will take a little bit before we get big money buying in.

That Is quite like giving EV credit to hybrids. Old people tend to think that is a good idea because ti preserves the status quo. so nobody need to do anything new, but they can claim 'greenness'.

Just think about it. Each of those things is promoted most strongly by old people.
When there were zero electric cars, hybrids (really just the Prius), were the best you could get. Now they are just old tech. And I'm not sure how old you have to be to be considered old. Does mental age count?

Every other day, there are articles about who's next in the EV revolution.
For most folks(who don't already have shares, and done due diligence) - TSLA looks costly and the others look cheap.
Exactly, my friend told me he bought GM and it's up from 50 to 53 - I only shook my head. Like he's playing on the swings with sharks below.

Anyone have a chart of OEM sales the past few quarters vs Tesla?

Here is a table of quarterly revenue:

(note Q3 are very rough guesses based on YoY sales figures)

Auto-rev.png

As you can see, Tesla is no longer a small fry...

This is a common misconception. Tesla did NOT open up all of its patents. It opened up some of them years ago.....and that only applied to the patents back then, not future IP. Furthermore, it stipulated that the other company has to open up some of it's patents as well.

Edit: Beaten
What's more, the key phrase in Tesla's open source patent offer is:

"Tesla will not initiate patent lawsuits against anyone who, in good faith, wants to use our technology."

I think it's pretty fair to say that obtaining IP surreptitiously is not in "good faith".