Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for this.
I'm okay with your production estimates and your gross margin %, though I'm not too confident about your sales figures. I do think Tesla will hit 5-6 million units annually by 2025 or 2026, but wouldn't the vast majority of those sales be with the lower-priced $25K sedan?
I would think that would cut your revenue by 1/2.
And if Steven Mark Ryan is correct about an $18K model, that would cut your revenue estimates by 2/3.
I'm not even sure if they would be able to maintain their 30% auto margins if they were selling mostly high-volume, low-priced vehicle (High worker wages in the west acts as floor for production costs), so there would be further downward pressure on their operating income and net income. Decreasing margins will also lead to dropping P/E ratio.
It is difficult to predict the future.

As far as demand goes, The Model 3 is just better.

So the vast majority of those sales may be Model 3 and Model Y and Cyber Trucks.

Have to come back to the amazing Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg Factory Tour.
GA of the interior with the Structured Battery Pack looks like a cakewalk: Start with vent pipes and carpet, add center console and finally seats - you're done!
Every step is done outside the car.
View attachment 720141
Has anyone determined - either from this shot or any of the others emanating from the tour - how and where the seats are indeed fastened to the pack? I do see something looking like a fastener - bolt-head, perhaps? - in the tan riser below the air ducts in the center, affixed to the raised corrugation of the pack, but there must be many more.

Reactions: capster
Have to come back to the amazing Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg Factory Tour.
GA of the interior with the Structured Battery Pack looks like a cakewalk: Start with vent pipes and carpet, add center console and finally seats - you're done!
Every step is done outside the car.
View attachment 720141
And because no seat robot is needed, could this set an option for larger seats? I don't know if it was a constraint, but it's gone now.
You could put a whole couch in there... with tons of cushions. Giant massage chairs... it's endless I tell ya!

^ so, she did millions in damages and will pay $ 8K in penalties? If this were deliberately founded somehow, 8K is really nothing.
At least in China some of these bad actors are being punished. Here the Shortz and their friends seem to be able to lie about Tesla everyday without any consequences. Where are the fines for Lora K. and all the others?

At least in China some of these bad actors are being punished. Here the Shortz and their friends seem to be able to lie about Tesla everyday without any consequences. Where are the fines for Lora K. and all the others?
No monetary fines for Lora K. and the others....just unlimited and non-stop ridicule....i think that weighs more on their personal well being that being fined. ☺️

^ so, she did millions in damages and will pay $ 8K in penalties? If this were deliberately founded somehow, 8K is really nothing.

unless she's rolling in dough from payola (which doesn't seem to be the case), then what would be the point of making her pay more? the publicity of an official judgment and a public apology on her part should be all Tesla really wants out of the ordeal.

Has anyone determined - either from this shot or any of the others emanating from the tour - how and where the seats are indeed fastened to the pack? I do see something looking like a fastener - bolt-head, perhaps? - in the tan riser below the air ducts in the center, affixed to the raised corrugation of the pack, but there must be many more.
This is how they do ejecting seats. Just ignite a few batteries below the 💺 you want ejected. I’m waiting for the article about how unsafe a Tesla is because of seats that are bolted to those firesome (using it in a sentence) batteries.

Benchmark’s lithium carbonate prices reach new all-time highs

"..During the month, Benchmark’s EXW China (Technical) grade of lithium carbonate increased by 29.5%, marking some of the largest price jumps ever experienced in the lithium industry
Lithium carbonate prices in China reach new all-time highs, surpassing 2018 peaks."

Tesla has probably long term contracts on Lithium minerals - recent Tesla car price increases might be anticipating these higher prices.

TESLA.Lithium.benchmark.prices.jpg

Last edited:
Not the same case. You are thinking about that owner (female, driver was her family) whom jumped on top of tesla at a autoshow and in various seperate protests in front of her damaged car hired female models to to attract eyeballs

This is a different person that posted his video on TicToc and got sued by Tesla, and again got laughed at in social media when he posted independent investigation report there.

Btw, it does not look like complete dominate victory by Tesla. Looking at rest of the court ruling below the boxed part (#1 and #2). #3 indicated that court as rejected the rest of Tesla's request (whatever they are, not mentioned). Below that court has orderd Tesla to pay around RMB $1.2k and defendant pays the remaining RMB $200