Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While true, could also see him thinking it’s something not needlessly complicated by involving others and can be done in the elevator, on the toilet, etc…kind of like tweeting.
It would absolutely make my week if Elon tweeted that he placed his sell orders while he was sitting on a toilet, multitasking.

34yfte1eu5081.jpg

When TSLA is the VALUE stonk.

If I wanted to bet on 20% upside which I do (1100/1300 call spreads for Jan) uhh TSLA is a much better deal.

Funny to watch money flow from TSLA to LCID and RIVN to go back to TSLA at higher prices.

Because those idiots sold the shares low to me and I won't even sell it back to them. Suckers.

I just checked the 10k here

There are 17 instances where they mention derivatives- but never in the context you suggest.

Such a policy IS mentioned in form 14 from the 2018 shareholder meeting though-

Just below that is the max-25%-shares-pledged-for-loans policy we've read about too.
14A from August EDGAR Filing Documents for 0001564590-21-045926

Stock Transactions

Hedging, Short Sales and Rule 10b5-1 Trading Plans

Tesla has an insider trading policy that prohibits all of our directors, officers and employees from, among other things, engaging in short sales, hedging or similar transactions designed to decrease the risks associated with holding Tesla securities. This prohibition encompasses transactions in publicly-traded options, such as puts and calls, and other derivative securities with respect to Tesla securities, but not transactions designed to facilitate portfolio diversification, such as broad-based index options, futures or baskets.

Electrek - 18 minutes ago: Tesla (TSLA) secures new 197 MWh Megapack order to go on its Autobidder AI platform

Excerpt:

Tesla (TSLA) has secured a new Megapack order for 197 MWh of capacity to deploy in the UK and use its Autobidder AI platform.

Megapack has quickly emerged as the leading battery system for large utility-scale energy storage systems.

It helped Tesla’s energy division accelerate storage deployment and the company has now built an impressive backlog of orders.

Electrek - 18 minutes ago: Tesla (TSLA) secures new 197 MWh Megapack order to go on its Autobidder AI platform

Excerpt:

Tesla (TSLA) has secured a new Megapack order for 197 MWh of capacity to deploy in the UK and use its Autobidder AI platform.

Megapack has quickly emerged as the leading battery system for large utility-scale energy storage systems.

It helped Tesla’s energy division accelerate storage deployment and the company has now built an impressive backlog of orders.
Last century: "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM equipment"

This century: "Nobody ever got fired for buying Tesla equipment"

Well, Elon can.

But my point was quite serious. Space is infrastructure. Bernie probably believes that broadband access in rural America is infrastructure, and it is. It just so happens that SpaceX is providing such infrastructure not just to rural America, but to every continent (excluding polar extremes). Lowering the cost of putting satellite in orbit radically decreases the cost of essential communications infrastructure for the global economy.

When Bernie says that investing $10B in space exploration is a waste of government money, he is demonstrating profound ignorance what it takes to build out infrastructure for the 21st century.
Being north of Hamburg, I am among those polar extremes ... :mad:
So far there seem to be two strings of sats passing overhead VERY intermittently. Hope this gets better soon ...

Well, Elon can.

But my point was quite serious. Space is infrastructure. Bernie probably believes that broadband access in rural America is infrastructure, and it is. It just so happens that SpaceX is providing such infrastructure not just to rural America, but to every continent (excluding polar extremes). Lowering the cost of putting satellite in orbit radically decreases the cost of essential communications infrastructure for the global economy.

When Bernie says that investing $10B in space exploration is a waste of government money, he is demonstrating profound ignorance what it takes to build out infrastructure for the 21st century.
You are right overall. But if you look at the tweet it was against a $10B handout to Bezos and his do nothing military aerospace contractors.

Let me voice an opinion most will disagree with:
Tesla should give priority to developing Tesla Bot over solving FSD.
Your line of thinking is helpful. However, since Tesla Bot and FSD use the same learning infrastructure and inference computer, Tesla will be working on both at the same time and both will be done when they are done (the finish line and waypoints may differ between the two).

Tesla pushes back on large discrimination award:

A Tuesday filing from Tesla requested a new trial for the case and also believed that the damages awarded to Diaz in the original case are unreasonable. “The jury award here, a staggering $136.9 million, simply cannot stand,” Tesla said in the filing, originally obtained by Bloomberg. “It is an award without precedent in US anti-discrimination law. It dwarfs awards in similar — and even in the most egregious — cases. And it bears no relationship to the actual evidence at trial.”

Is it safe to say 980 is the bernie bottom?

Share price decline done from Twitter polls, selling shares, yelling at old men who yell at clouds, etc?

Started taking more bullish positions today but wanting to take even more. Trying to think of any negative catalysts that would counteract expected good Q4 P/D.
Is Elon done selling? I would say he’s close but I wouldn’t think it’s over until early next week. Then again, I haven’t been watching the last couple days.

Excerpt:

How's that 40GWh megapack factory coming along...

Reactions: Nocturnal
MarketWatch - 7 minutes ago: Why is there no EV love for Ford and GM? Cathie Wood says 'they don't have the DNA for this brave new world' of electric cars

Excerpt:

Electric vehicle makers are all the rage in 2021 and General Motors (GM) and Ford Motor (F) have made tremendous strides in growing their EV businesses, but investment manager Cathie Wood says it may be too little, too late for those traditional car manufacturers.

Wood said that GM and Ford are seeing stellar stock performance this year, with investors giving them some credit for their attempts to shift from internal combustion engines, or ICE, to electric vehicles but the big challenge is EV manufacturing is not inherent to those companies.

"And the reason is they don't have the DNA for this brave new world," said Wood during an interview with MarketWatch sister publication Barron's in a Wednesday afternoon interview.

Wood said that Ford and GM "were born in the industrial, gas-powered age" and said that they have to make "one giant leap," to transforms their ICE focused businesses. Ford was founded in 1903 and GM was founded in 1908, but both have recently emerged with promising EV vehicles to compete with the likes of Tesla Inc. (TSLA).