Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Price action relative to market indicating perhaps TSLA IS the safe haven after all…
If we take a step back, things are not as bad as they seem. TSLA has not tested its 100 EMA yet, which right now is sitting at 950. QQQ, on the other hand, broke below its 100 EMA last week. A little perspective. We're still strong relative to QQQ.

If we take a step back, things are not as bad as they seem. TSLA has not tested its 100 EMA yet, which right now is sitting at 950. QQQ, on the other hand, broke below its 100 EMA last week. A little perspective. We're still strong relative to QQQ.
Can't hold if QQQ does not recover. And we got pulverized compared to the QQQ last week.

I don’t see it about the NYT but about learning from the example. It is about the useful example.

We dismiss information at our peril. As investors we need to be reminded that information is our advantage. We should temper our justified suspicions about sources but analyze every item regardless of the source.

Most of us have been seeing slanted, prejudiced reporting for years. This is not new. I seek it all out and appreciate those that report it here. It is all data and change usually starts being visible in the data IMO.

I'm open to reading anything and everything about Tesla but some of it is not worth my time and much of the Tesla coverage I don't want to provide clicks to encourage further bad behavior. Plus, there are only so many hours in a day.

Even the article in question, that some of you are praising as being mostly fair and balanced, ends with Tesla FUD. It's like negative Tesla advertising so I don't want to add clicks. It's also apparent that some of you are directly supporting this kind of FUD by spending a dollar a week on a paid subscription.

I don't understand all the people bending over backwards to support the current status quo of media reporting on Tesla. I suspect some of you can't see how even the supposedly "fair and balanced" articles are mostly not fair and balanced at all. Even sites that TSLAQ calls "Telsa fanboy sites" often have really strange anti-Tesla bias inserted into the stories. I could present hundreds of specific examples but it's not worth my time.

Like many of us, I've been following Tesla news quite closely for over a decade and have seen it all. It's just ridiculous!

Not sure if it has more to do with prioritizing regional deliveries or not but our delivery window was just changed to June from January. Model Y. BC Canada. Full load with hitch, FSD Blue White etc. Maybe switching this region to Austin? Just a guess.

We are fine with it. Our model 3 serves ours needs except for towing.

Cheers.

Actually to my pleasant surprise it is a pro-tesla article showing how they are nimble and quickly outrunning legacy auto.

No, the article is not pro-Tesla. It's designed to take the luster off the idea of purchasing a Tesla by making them seem overly common and implying they have more recalls and other quality issues than other cars.

The best advertising does not make logical sense, it's aimed at subconscious desires and fears. Those most threatened by Tesla have deployed the most skilled professionals available and these experts even advise on how to structure the news coverage. It's a strange new world and those who think it's still the 1960's will have a rude awakening because nothing is as it seems on the surface anymore. Money and greed runs deep and permeates everything.

[ - REPOSTED WITH CORRECT CHART - Lodger - ]

Are you all are too young too remember the Q2 2018 P&D report? The one when Tesla finally produced 5K Model 3 cars in a single week a.k.a. "Production Hell". (AJ was predicting just 3.5K/wk peak production).

Wall St. was surprised by the P&D report, the SP zoomed at the Open on July 2nd. Then AJ writes his note saying "yeah, but they'll never sustain that production rate." Droop... :p

Hedgies walk the price down 18.7% during the shortened trading week that followed the Q2 2018 P&D report, with the SP finishing below where it was before the report. Here's a chart from that time in the Summer of 2018: (the week we finally exited Production Hell)

View attachment 753166

As you can see in the chart above, during "Hell Week" back in 2018 we dropped 18.5% in 4 days.

This week, we dropped 17.2% from the peak SP in 4 days:

View attachment 753167

This week's SP action was pulled from Wall St.'s crusty old bag of dirty tricks. And what did you expect Lucy would do with the ball, Charlie Brown? (Hint: not play fair)

Y'all need to brush up on your TSLA history (not just @Chunky Jr. Everybody needs to recalibrate. Watch for the long ball. Trust your teammates, trust your coaches.

We are MARSHALL! And we are going to win this game!

Cheers! #LEARNING
INDEED!!!

TSLA just tested the Mid-BB (now only PEPSICO and TSLA are green in the S&P 500 top 25):

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-01-10.11-32.50.Mid-BB.png

Now let's see how much buying interest appears. :D

Cheers!