Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly was ready for another bloodbath on the market today, so I was pleasantly surprised when an unexpected "nothing" day turned into an unexpected "upside" day for TSLA.

Through an extensive study of old washing machines and vacuum cleaners BMW finally found a way to make an electric motor that needs service.
A BEV that needs regular maintenance answers the desperate call of the dealership model. BMW dealers will love this. This also keeps advertising dollars flowing into the media from BMW and BMW dealers. Media will love it and not question it. Oh look... ad-supported Motor Trend is unable to see this and thinks these motors are great. No public comments allowed.

They didn't mention the ozone created by brushed motors. Would driving around in this sort of car generate ozone?

This is going off-topic, but you could borrow against the shares you transferred out of your IRA to pay the tax if you didn't want to sell any shares and didn't have the cash to pay taxes. His point is that your are not forced to sell shares as part of the RMDs.

The disadvantage of that, which could be an advantage, is that the stock could move considerably while you are waiting for the sale to settle, and then transferring the funds and them being available to reinvest. Withdrawing the shares directly avoids that issue entirely.

And for those of us with significant holdings, we wouldn't want to crash the TSLA stock price with our selling to comply with the huge RMDs. :eek:
You’re right, one day TSLA is 900 three days later it’s 1190, few days later it’s 895, so yeah - that happens..

too soon?

Mod: I moved a bunch of posts about tax, required minimum distributions, etc to:

But I forgot to check the box to notify people. No more such discussion in this thread, and I won't be moving any that I see. --ggr

Just press play, time linked to exactly where he said 1030.

First, you make that sound like he predicted we would drop to 1030 yesterday, but he didn't. He made a prediction based on if we went below 1030, which we did.

How many days do we give his prediction, that we will now drop to 940, before we say that his prediction was wrong?

Best predictor was me holding 1050 short put position . Look what we got:
4681ABA2-A919-492C-B61D-66B4B87B1FE0.jpeg

But since I rolled them to 1010 puts next Week, watch out below.

First, you make that sound like he predicted we would drop to 1030 yesterday, but he didn't. He made a prediction based on if we went below 1030, which we did.

How many days do we give his prediction, that we will now drop to 940, before we say that his prediction was wrong?
Artful Dodger was asking where 1030 came from as support and I posted the source.

As for that specific video he mentions 1030 and 1k as support if we break down. He didn't say it'll drop down to 940, but only drop down to 940 if we break the last bullish support at 1k which we didn't today AH. He said we lose the bull trend if we close below 1k which will lead to the gap fill.

Listen to what he said again.

His predictions are based on closing prices not intraday prices - as is most TA

that AH is very tight. is that a normal thing on Friday?

All the traders have gone home early for the Long Weekend (Market closed on Monday for the MLK Jr. Holiday)

Fortunately, many of us here at TMC trade from the comfort of our homes, and so here we are at 7:22 p.m. on a Friday Nite... :p

Cheers!

Why do you say they are sellable? Only cars produced after final permit are.
Mules are the only other final development build level. And mules are unfinished, to a great extent. Many of my teams mules were missing seats, trim and carpet.

Sellable units are very different in that they are complete. Final production validation is done on a much smaller number of vehicles. And when it all comes together, these units are sellable. Doesn't mean they will be sold, but they could be, that is the engineering goal of these vehicles.

I'm happy to be wrong, but I've been through this at Tesla.

I'm hoping that these might be 4680s and then they might be for crash testing, which would be cool, but I doubt due to company guidance.

Anywho, Tesla is making cars at Berlin! Yeah!

View attachment 755835

Feels like ARK has sold Tesla for 45 out of the past 60 trading days.

TSLA is no longer ARKW's top holding.

WTF..?
Sad, isn't it?

Cathie's selling has had to have played some non-insignificant part in the SP weakness in 2022. Both the actual selling as well as the messaging. I understand why she's doing it (I certainly don't agree with it), but still disappointed.

View attachment 755835

WTF..?
Tesla could post -
Deliveries of 1.8-2 million vehicles in 2022
EPS of $15+ in 2022
Release FSD wide and thus recognize revenue in 2022
Ramp Energy in a meaningful way in 2nd half 2022

And ARK will miss out. Yes they still have shares but they’ve sold off a ton at this point.

If Tesla pulls all that off and the stock is well past $1500/share by the end of the year and fed rate hikes continue to crush the rest of ARK’s stocks, ARK’s actions over the past 6 months will make them look like some of the biggest investing fools in recent memory

View attachment 755835

WTF..?
Man how many times is this going to be brought up. Ark is buying heavily beaten down stocks that they have high conviction in. TDOC is trading at 25% of its 2021 high. Despite our hand wringing TSLA is doing very well by comparison. They are just swing trading within their portfolio.
Doesn’t mean they lost confidence in Tesla.

Man how many times is this going to be brought up. Ark is buying heavily beaten down stocks that they have high conviction in. TDOC is trading at 25% of its 2021 high. Despite our hand wringing TSLA is doing very well by comparison. They are just swing trading within their portfolio.
I don't think people here thinks Cathie lacks confidence in Tsla. Losing confidence in Cathie is what's at play here.

In general, I agree with Cathie's/ARK's view on inflation/deflation in that deflationary forces such as technology(especially in remote work) and renewable energy will be stronger than the traditional inflation forces. So I actually see inflation leveling off in a pretty dramatic way in the 2nd half of this year and I don't think interest rates are going to something like 3-4% like some are fearing. The issue though is that it could take all of 2022 for the picture to become clear about the recent spike in inflation.

During that time, the Fed's could raise rates 3-4 times this year. Tesla will be fine because they'll actually be posting very strong earnings. But the rest of ARK's stock picks could very well continue to plummet for a good part of 2022 until they finally bottom.

Like every seasoned investor knows, you could be right on something at the wrong time. Cathy/ARK have been very wrong so far on their timing. I do think they're right on their view of inflation, but they initiated this strategy of selling of TSLA to buy their battered stocks about a year too early.