Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is both Tesla and SpaceX who will use the metal, as the Cybertruck shares the same skin as Starship. Granted, once in production Cybertruck may dwarf the supply SpaceX needs. Still, I expect whoever supplies one with "30X" SS will supply the other as well. HIgher volume might get even bettererer pricing. :)
Driving the price of this metal down for SpaceX might be one big reason that Elon chose it for the Cybertruck.

If the system can be gamed to enrich the big Wall Street boys, it WILL be rigged to do so.
They have been hiring MIT math wizards for years to wiggle every single angle they can.

Couple that with the revolving door that is the SEC/GS/MS/JPM and you have a playground where the fleecing of the innocent is child's play.

These people are without a shred of character or honesty.
I am not playing their game.

HODL. is the only way forward for me.
4/17/2021 Revised Edition
"Lodger's Ten Rules for Investment Success": (c) 2021 - 3rd Revised Edition

6. Market Makers are NOT your Friends; it's their Game to Rig
7. Don't Overtrade; especially Options
8. Minimize the Croupier's Take; Avoid using Margin

Driving the price of this metal down for SpaceX might be one big reason that Elon chose it for the Cybertruck.
In a recent interview Elon talked about the decision between composites and steel. He said a bespoke alloy would only cost them 10-15% more than the commodity flavors.
around 25:00
$4.00-4.50/kg -> less than $2m for 400t allowing for a full starship stack including >25% scrap.
So material cost shouldn't be the biggest factor.

Last edited:
Also agree that this is a 'manufactured' correction in the Market: the suspicious shorting of 10-yr bonds has the fingerprints of hedgies all over it. If they can't attack TSLA, they'll just crash the Market instead (TSLA is now half the entire Options market, and Options are 10x the Equities market by volume)
I noticed this pattern where every time Tesla's production and earnings were sure of destroying WS expectations, the Tesla FUD would come out, followed by a correction in the whole sector (at least EV or tech, growth). This left us with incredible numbers, news and guidance being eclipsed and left in the background in the news. The silly idea they could "crash the Market" like this just to stop Tesla has crossed my mind many times. Now, the numbers you put forward justify it.

When trying to increase your position, you buy value, not a presumed prediction of a bottom.
Instead of predicting a bottom price, predict when the bottom will be then set the calendar. When the alarm goes off, change your good-til low-bid order to a market order. Less fumbling / chance of fat finger error. Wish my brokerage app had a feature to automate that.

Instead of predicting a bottom price, predict when the bottom will be then set the calendar. When the alarm goes off, change your good-til low-bid order to a market order. Less fumbling / chance of fat finger error. Wish my brokerage app had a feature to automate that.
Dan Ives is calling the bottom and calling for a FAANG led Nasdaq rally over the next couple weeks.

Hope he’s right.

I think the idea is that these big declines eventually end once people who are over leveraged get margin called and the banks take their shares at the bottom. Once they finish fleecing retail, the market can resume its upward trajectory.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. And now is the best time for MMs to keep the SP bleeding for a few more months as we’ve been trading sideways for about 3 months already. With the huge Q4P&D beat, many expect TSLA to rise, so many investors/traders might start leveraging up now. And it’s not just short-term fleecing of retail, but long term as well because margin has interest costs—why not keep the SP depressed while gamblers tell themselves, “This MUST be the bottom, we’re sure to rise soon,” so they keep adding margin, the SP tickles $1100+ convincing us a break out is imminent, and then one (real or imagined) disaster after another comes across the news wire, offering convenient excuses to keep depressing the SP. And during these prolonged intervals of depressed SP some gamblers begin to get too underwater and get margin called, or they lose a job, or a family members dies, or any number of life events can befall one to cause him/her to sell at a loss, all while MMs collect margin interest. MMs have all the power, money, inside information and time to ride this out—most gamblers don’t. So yeah, reverse Robinhood, you got to love it.

Every few years we see these huge transfers of wealth from taxpayers to corporations: 9/11 (taxpayer-funded war on terror), 2008 housing crash (taxpayer-funded bailout of too-big-to-fail-overleveraged Wall Street), and now covid (taxpayer-funded war on a germ): take from the poor, frightened, gullible taxpayer in an “emergency,” and give it to the wealthy and powerful governments/corporations so their “experts” can keep us safe and secure; socialize the debt, privatize the profit, rinse and repeat. Disaster Capitalism at its best. If you stayed invested during covid crash you got rich just like Wall Street and all the other powerful, connected globalists. Congratulations.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see TSLA stuck trading in a deep rut for a few months and then suddenly, in the span of a few weeks, the SP shoots from $800 to $1600 or something ridiculous. We’ve seen it before. We’re probably seeing it again. I’ve learned the hard way not to margin trade because we’ve seen time and time again TSLA ride the lower BB down for a while, stay down, and then rocket back up. The most recent is this last summer when I was working; I slowly accumulated all summer while TSLA traded low—one of my last buys was at $644, then suddenly in the fall, we went from 600s to 1200 in short order.

I just buy and hold now because I’m too stupid greedy to even swing trade.

Last edited:
Good news for the sustainable future: Scotland awarding seabed lease rights for a total of 25 GW capacity; more than half coming from floating windfarms.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. And now is the best time for MMs to keep the SP bleeding for a few more months as we’ve been trading sideways for about 3 months already. With the huge Q4P&D beat, many expect TSLA to rise, so many investors/traders might start leveraging up now. And it’s not just short-term fleecing of retail, but long term as well because margin has interest costs—why not keep the SP depressed while gamblers tell themselves, “This MUST be the bottom, we’re sure to rise soon,” so they keep adding margin, the SP tickles $1100+ convincing us a break out is imminent, and then one (real or imagined) disaster after another comes across the news wire, offering convenient excuses to keep depressing the SP. And during these prolonged intervals of depressed SP some gamblers begin to get too underwater and get margin called, or they lose a job, or a family members dies, or any number of life events can befall one to cause him/her to sell at a loss, all while MMs collect margin interest. MMs have all the power, money, inside information and time to ride this out—most gamblers don’t. So yeah, reverse Robinhood, you got to love it.

Every few years we see these huge transfers of wealth from taxpayers to corporations: 9/11 (taxpayer-funded war on terror), 2008 housing crash (taxpayer-funded bailout of too-big-to-fail-overleveraged Wall Street), and now covid (taxpayer-funded war on a germ): take from the poor, frightened, gullible taxpayer in an “emergency,” and give it to the wealthy and powerful governments/corporations so their “experts” can keep us safe and secure; socialize the debt, privatize the profit, rinse and repeat. Disaster Capitalism at its best. If you stayed invested during covid crash you got rich just like Wall Street and all the other powerful, connected globalists. Congratulations.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see TSLA stuck trading in a deep rut for a few months and then suddenly, in the span of a few weeks, the SP shoots from $800 to $1600 or something ridiculous. We’ve seen it before. We’re probably seeing it again. I’ve learned the hard way not to margin trade because we’ve seen time and time again TSLA ride the lower BB down for a while, stay down, and then rocket back up. The most recent is this last summer when I was working; I slowly accumulated all summer while TSLA traded low—one of my last buys was at $644, then suddenly in the fall, we went from 600s to 1200 in short order.

I just buy and hold now because I’m too stupid greedy to even swing trade.
Isn't it also a "fortuitous for some" coincidence that a FOMC meeting will be held on Wed 1/26 2PM right on time hours before the 4QER, which will do its best to deflate further if not derail any positive SP effect from the factual anticipated 4QER numbers?

What a Banana republic of gilded F%$$# we've become. Elon's tweet "Believe in the future" reminds us eventually the charade has to end.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I started doing my taxes and am paying both fed and state taxes on some stock gains. I don't mind paying my fair share. I am even more grateful for the shorts which allowed me to profit more than I imagined. I did buy some chairs yesterday and got some FOUR thanks to a YouTube I saw. Almost ready to get the bicycles out now that skiing is winding down. What a great life. Now I not only get to HODL but even buy more.
I noticed that some think the SP is the company. They will learn.

1642868348876.png

Last edited: