Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The AMA is NOT a labor organization. Not in any shape, form or fashion. It's a political association essentially, that uses the bulk of their funds for lobbying politicians. There are no unions for physicians.

Neighbor is an attorney, and she states the Bar is more of an "enforcement" organization, like the state medical board for physicians. Also, not a labor union.

Tell a Judge in any American courtroom that you intend to represent yourself Pro Per and he will immediately explain that you should hire an attorney.

That is foundational organized labor.

MOD: Next such blatant violation of Mod notice gets you a ban.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.

I too find the constant ticker 'analysis' in this thread quite tiresome. According to many on this thread every TSLA drop is because of manipulation and every TSLA rise is because TSLA is an unstoppable beast. The latter is of course true, but it will take time for the market to realize this fully.

In the meantime, I'd prefer if we could concentrate on interesting matters such as 10-K analysis, relevant news and the like. /endofrant
Perhaps there should be 2 separate threads. One for “ticker analysis” and one for “fundamentals analysis”. Please vote so we can save time not having to page through the unwanted ones! 😂

Because people can't handle the truth.

More seriously, I think Elon looked at the probable way it would play out and decided it wasn't the right time yet. Not because the Vegas cars couldn't be made safe enough running in autonomous mode, but he wants to release FSD in a manner that is most beneficial to its wide rollout. Sometimes it's better to catch people by surprise. You may think people (in general) are well aware of the state of FSD but that's only true in the relatively very small circles that follow FSD development. To your average person, FSD is "Elon's Dream" that won't be ready for a decade, if ever.

When you are planning to blow millions of people's minds, you need to do it on your terms and your timeline. Not like an experiment that is pushing the limits every step of the way. FSD will come to Vegas tunnels when the time is right. From an economic perspective, the number of human drivers in the Vegas test loop is too inconsequential to be a real consideration. It's all about creating the proper narrative at the proper time.
Waiting on a Summon recall. /s

More seriously, I don't think the generalized public is ready for autopilot and could even deter riders. Tunnels are kinda scary in the first place, add in FSD and it cultures fear in many. No it's not a scary ride compared to other Vegas coasters, but this is a different crowd and would likely be first time in one. The driver is key for these folks to explain reality, focus on the safety, and address common sense stuff to the many who hear nothing but FUD with Tesla. We want to hold off on their purchase of another ICE, so get them interested enough to do more research and set the story straight.

Perhaps there should be 2 separate threads. One for “ticker analysis” and one for “fundamentals analysis”. Please vote so we can save time not having to page through the unwanted ones! 😂

I second this, because this is supposed to be an *investing* thread.

Predicting SP over short time periods is closer to gambling than investing.

Well we ran out of ways to say "I bought shares and I'm never selling them". It got a little boring.

I could use $948 this afternoon or at the open and I think we'll get it. Have few "investments" I need to roll out to after 1Q earnings.

Twitter is before the bell tomorrow and obviously CPI. I thing today's 2% NASDAQ pop is frontrunning the inevitable "rotation back to big tech" that will commence after CPI is announced.

Call me crazy, but last time I checked, investing has direct relation to valuation and information about what is affecting said valuation......because ya know, things like that are important for investors. And seeing how this thread is named Investors Roundtable.....

Doesn't matter your timeframe, if you're investing in TSLA it's important to know relation to the overall market and especially in the cases where TSLA's valuations and trading starts to detach from what is happening in the overall market.

If you want a thread where the talk is just about company news/updates, then there should be a thread specifically for that.

Maybe a bit OT, but could be macro related.
Kevin is ending his YouTube channel after being bashed day in and day out because he sold out his portfolio.
One thing he does not mention clearly and I believe is what’s really going on, is he was harvesting loses, and minimizing profits, while moving his assets into a tax free vehicle he is creating. Anyone who considers follow suit need to put that into consideration if you are paying taxes for your gains.

When the hardware is not controlled by the (OTA) software. This is pretty funny:

I wonder if I'm the only one who's Model X Plaid delivery date (ordered a year ago January) just bounced from February to March to April in two days.
The thread https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/refreshed-2021-model-x-and-model-x-plaid-waiting-room is over 1000 pages for people waiting for over a year for their Model X (LR and Plaid). My EDD was also changed from March to April 2022. I ordered March 1 2021. This is my second Model X; only waited 2.5 years for my first.

This walkdown is so predictable. Risk-off before tomorrow's CPI print.
Looking around other stocks with high or no PE and I don't see much of a risk off. Arkk and BTC are the best indicators for risk on/off sentiment and right now it's looking we are risk on. So I have this feeling that the CPI number tomorrow will be well received no matter what it is.

Elon admits messed up Model X refresh ramp.

Would it be bad for him to come out and say why it is taking so long to ramp? Is it some sort of part? It isnt just the X it is the S as well. Although we wouldnt have ordered a new Model S if it wasnt the refreshed version. Still we are approaching 10 months since we ordered a S LR.