Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long will it take authorities to decide where Tesla can dump/discard the parts from the test vehicles ;) Hope opening of factory is not contingent on this approval /s
Perhaps some local companies will offer to scrap them. (under contract meeting requirements) 🤔

Local companies like Daimler, BMW, VW, etc. could split them up between themselves to, ahem, destroy. ;)

Then, they'll either learn how to build their own EVs from dissecting them (ala Munro), or, at least come to terms with exactly why they may never be able to compete with Tesla. 😪

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Elon publicly gave them first dibs? 😅😂🤣

Last edited:
How long will it take authorities to decide where Tesla can dump/discard the parts from the test vehicles ;) Hope opening of factory is not contingent on this approval /s
I would imagine they'll get some sort of approval to sell them out of country. So long as Tesla is satisfied they're 100%.

They're not gonna throw away 2k perfect cars.

Here is the post that @Artful Dodger is referencing.

Did @avoigt comment on the translation by chance?
German here:
Can confirm that Tesla is not allowed to sell cars produced during this testing phase at Giga Berlin. Furthermore, Tesla is not allowed to sell parts or car bodies produced during the testing phase as a part of a car. Tesla also has to provide documentation to a governmental agency about the whereabouts of produced parts. In case of a disposal, Tesla has to provide more detailed paperwork.

So, based on my reading: Tesla is not allowed to sell the cars, but they are also not specifically required to destroy them. However, I really don't know how they could be used otherwise (maybe as a transportation vehicle on side).

@avoigt let us know if I missed something important here.

I would imagine they'll get some sort of approval to sell them out of country. So long as Tesla is satisfied they're 100%.

They're not gonna throw away 2k perfect cars.
They probably haven't, and aren't going to, make the full 2,000 cars that they are allowed. But you haven't been listening. The government rules don't allow them to remove the cars from the country or sell them. They have no choice but to destroy them. (I don't think they are even allowed to re-use the parts.)

But they aren't a waste, it has allowed them to test, and tune, their production while training the new staff, so that once they get approval they can hit the ground running. (Initial ramp completed on the non-saleable cars.)

I doubt we'll stay in this 700-800 window long enough to get a meaningful discount, but as with all things TSLA there's no real reason to rush. Therefore I'ma sit tight for it to get a hair juicier.
Soooooo.....that lasted about 223 minutes. Kind of a smaller window than I expected.

Something tells me there ain't a lotta sell orders to chew thru at $800.

I assume Putin will be hitting our utility sector with some cyber attacks next week. We can buy then too!

They probably haven't, and aren't going to, make the full 2,000 cars that they are allowed. But you haven't been listening. The government rules don't allow them to remove the cars from the country or sell them. They have no choice but to destroy them. (I don't think they are even allowed to re-use the parts.)

But they aren't a waste, it has allowed them to test, and tune, their production while training the new staff, so that once they get approval they can hit the ground running. (Initial ramp completed on the non-saleable cars.)
@Todesbuckler ninjaed me (us?)

Ah, but here's the thing (based on my reading). It does not say they must be destroyed, only that, if they are destoyed, paper work is created.
So the cars are not salable, but could continue to exist. At least as display models (and *maybe* as demo/ loaners/ internal fleet).

Nasdaq up 3% on invasion news. This market is on meth. Maybe someone can pop a nuke and we can really make some money. /s
People are thinking the Fed might be a little bit more conservative with rate hikes now that people are being squeezed at the pump and commodities. More consumer squeeze from borrowing cost is not great for the working class.

No one could predict that it would end like this ;)

I did hear the pundits saying the magic key word "OVER SOLD" a lot today ;)

All the talk (fear mongering) of 7 rate hikes etc is also out the window.
The Bull run was going on for so long, that every one wanted a correction - they got it - and now they all will think time to go up again. Math and Stats :)

Last edited:
Man, that is some glorious movement up from the 700 low at open.
Eh, you could look at TSLA's trading today in both ways......

Bullish.....Volume finally showed up in mass in the first 2 hours of trading which tells me that we did bottom today.

Bearish.....trading during most of the day was capped. TSLA is trading below it's beta, so underperforming again and sometimes underperforming by quite a lot. Seems like clear intent to keep TSLA below it's 200-day average to keep it in bearish trend.

Bullish.....TSLA's trading improved compared to the macros in the last 1-2 hours of trading. Still underperformed, but at least showed some strength in the last hour. Especially after that SEC news came out. Volume finished pretty well in the last hour as well.

So in summary..... 🤷‍♂️ 🥴

German here:
Can confirm that Tesla is not allowed to sell cars produced during this testing phase at Giga Berlin. Furthermore, Tesla is not allowed to sell parts or car bodies produced during the testing phase as a part of a car. Tesla also has to provide documentation to a governmental agency about the whereabouts of produced parts. In case of a disposal, Tesla has to provide more detailed paperwork.

So, based on my reading: Tesla is not allowed to sell the cars, but they are also not specifically required to destroy them. However, I really don't know how they could be used otherwise (maybe as a transportation vehicle on side).

@avoigt let us know if I missed something important here.
What I'm wondering is that when the approval is granted, what becomes of the cars that were made prior to the approval? What can/has to be done to these cars to make them sell-able? If anything...That is the language that is pertinent.

What I'm wondering is that when the approval is granted, what becomes of the cars that were made prior to the approval? What can/has to be done to these cars to make them sell-able? If anything...That is the language that is pertinent.
they can probably send them to the USA or maybe UK (not EU) and do whatever they want with them.

Reactions: Nocturnal