Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True FOMO. If we decide to replace our Y for a new one having 4680's, I'd better order it today else prepare for an extra year to wait.
Bullish.
I've been thinking about it. Now, with scalling at Tesla level me thinks that this might not be such a big deal eventually. The MY with 2170 are plenty capable. Also, once the time comes to replace the MY, Plaid might be the thing to get. YMMV.

Someone had posted a tweet showing that they were taking delivery of a Model Y during the Cyber Rodeo tomorrow. (I think they said it had 4680 cells. but can't remember for sure.)
Yup, they said 4680s. Since it was deleted, most likely not legit. Time will tell by tonight...

Well that's because the specs were within like 5% and LFP Mode 3s has a better battery degradation profile, allowing everyone to charge to 100% without worrying than US spec-ed cars.

If 4680s are like 20% better than fremont Ys with upgradable faster charging capabilities, better braking distance, 400lbs lighter, etc etc then yeah there will be a riot.
No way the 4680 drops 400lbs. Now 200lbs is within reason. The charging will not be that different. Maybe 10%. Braking distance will be better but nothing shocking. Handling will be better too, though 90% of customers would not be able to tell if they were given a blind test. The biggest difference is cost to Tesla and manufacturability (which leads to better cost for Tesla as well).

Even in my wildest dreams back in Jan 2013 when I took delivery of my 60kWh 7 seat Model S, I would have never thought >75% market share was obtainable. It is truly amazing and the extra unthinkable is that it could get much higher with Austin coming online and Fremont pumping out higher percentage of US bound cars.

Is >90% obtainable at the end of this year?

I did this a few years ago. The air is so clean in the house and our induction range cooks so much better than gas.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Thought using gas stove (and water heater and gas furnace) is just producing carbon dioxide, not much else such as numerous toxic stuffs from burning gasoline in cars.

A cursory look around revealed how wrong I was!

NPR: We need to talk about your gas stove, your health and climate change
  • The most common pollutants from gas stoves are nitrogen dioxide (NO2), carbon monoxide and formaldehyde.
  • The gas utility industry is fighting to preserve its business by downplaying existing science on gas stoves and indoor air quality.
  • Kephart has two young children, and research, including this 1992 study, shows that kids who live in a home with a gas stove have about a 20% increased risk of developing respiratory illness.

Smithsonian MAGAZINE: Gas Stoves Are Worse for Climate and Health Than Previously Thought
  • Methane emissions from gas stoves across the United States are roughly equivalent to the carbon dioxide released by half a million gas-powered cars in a year; unknown amount of natural gas pipelines leaking
  • More than three-quarters of the methane emissions happened when both old and new gas stoves were turned off
  • In a small kitchen, it only took a few minutes of unventilated stove use to generate emissions levels above national health standards.
  • According to a meta-analysis from 2013, children living in homes with gas stoves were 42 percent more likely to experience symptoms associated with asthma, and 24 percent more likely to be diagnosed with lifetime asthma.
One of the cited journal articles:
Environ. Sci. Technol.: Methane and NOx Emissions from Natural Gas Stoves, Cooktops, and Ovens in Residential Homes

Elons really going to let Abbott and Cruz speak tonight? They both deny climate change and support the oil industry....

Screenshot_20220407-131055_Twitter.jpg

Elon's really going to let Abbott and Cruz speak tonight? They both deny climate change and support the oil industry....

View attachment 791031
I'd give that a very low chance of that happening. Can't imagine Elon even having his picture taken with them. Will be interesting to see what happens though...

Days/events like these make it annoying to be a TSLA shareholder located in Europe.

You guys living in the land of the free have the Cyber Rodeo livestream to look forward to today. Us poor EU sods have to either get up at 4 am to watch it or wait till the morning.

Oh well, at least we don't have to wait an hour for Elons speech since he's always late.

Days/events like these make it annoying to be a TSLA shareholder located in Europe.

You guys living in the land of the free have the Cyber Rodeo livestream to look forward to today. Us poor EU sods have to either get up at 4 am to watch it or wait till the morning.

Oh well, at least we don't have to wait an hour for Elons speech since he's always late.

The market opens at 6:30 am in California, want to trade time zones?