Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WTF happened this morning? Usually the signal to noise ratio is pretty good in this thread.

Someone create a new thread on "Elon and the nature of truth" so we can move on here?

:rolleyes:

This always happens when the share price has some abrupt declines.

All of a sudden everyone wants to blame Elon. It's as predictable as the sun rising in the morning. As if Elon controls the markets.

Moving on…..question for all you TA folks out there. Is it likely that TSLA will test the February low?

Are we going to $700? I sure hope so, Elon just printed $2.86 in GAAP EPS and guided for similar performance in what was going to be a worrisome 2Q. I'll take some TSLA shares at a 72 PE.

Insanity.

Nothing to stop him from telling the world his intentions. It may calm Tesla investors. I do believe a lot of the drop yesterday is Tesla investors that think he made an unforced error and this twitter purchase will lead to more people saying they wont purchase a Tesla then people saying they will purchase a Tesla.
He already told the world what his intentions would be. You miss that part?

I do believe that people lack patience, self-control, and will tell themselves all kinds of stories to justify their own shortcomings.

I believe it’s not relevant to anything of consequence what investors think of Elon, his actions, or their future thoughts on that topic.

Are we going to $700? I sure hope so, Elon just printed $2.86 in GAAP EPS and guided for similar performance in what was going to be a worrisome 2Q. I'll take some TSLA shares at a 72 PE.

Insanity.
I’m against everyone who says or will say they hope for the SP to decline so that they might benefit while someone else perhaps doesn’t.

Regardless, I think it was a mistake for Ford to try and copy a Tesla event, especially since most of those people were employees. An even better comparison would be with SpaceX, where everyone watching outside the control room in CA is an employee, and they're cheering, etc.

The Ford event had all the crowd excitement of a mandatory HR meeting!
Its funny because Apple was pretty notorious for seeding their launch event crowds with employees. That's why you would hear applause for the weirdest little features. A lot of the energy in the room at an Apple launch was just employees being enthusiastic about the stuff they built.

Seeing a crowd of Ford employees looking bored at this event is not a great sign.

I’m against everyone who says or will say they hope for the SP to decline so that they might benefit while someone else perhaps doesn’t.
Yep. I know it’s heretical, but I’m actually using my investments for supplemental income at this point. Price declines make things tougher.

Its funny because Apple was pretty notorious for seeding their launch event crowds with employees. That's why you would hear applause for the weirdest little features. A lot of the energy in the room at an Apple launch was just employees being enthusiastic about the stuff they built.

Seeing a crowd of Ford employees looking bored at this event is not a great sign.

More like skeptical than bored.

I've been on here since 2012 and I would say this is a black swan event that no one could have predicted - just as the company nails their financials and are secure with future development, it's overshadowed by one of the dumbest things possible.

Why not let Tesla shine and the markets absorb what has just happened, than create more media hysteria?

What.a.joke. A ClusterF.

Last edited:

The UAW eventually agreed to show up, but Ford didn’t quite pony up the dough required for them to look happy doing it. 🤓

I agree with this. We are all different ages and have different time horizons for retirement, kids college, island buying, etc. I would never wish any financial stress on anybody by rooting for a lower share price.

Untitled.png

jesus christ, shut up Elon.

crying just because Elon comes on stage with a hat and an OG roadster? Quite an overreaction and a little cringe, if I may say so.

How is it any more silly than people screaming and crying to see rock star? (Serious question) Also, have you seen how stupid sports fans are?

Yes it's just a car executive. Much like George Harrison was just a guitar player. And Tom Brady is just a quarterback. It's all a bit silly and cringe worthy in my book. But none particularly worse than the other.

More to the point here. Which is worse, having fans which are overly enthusiastic or employees who are disengaged?

Also... alcohol was served, it was giant party with a huge amount of energy.

Last edited:
I've been on here since 2012 and I would say this is a black swan event that no one could have predicted - just as the company nails their financials and are secure with future development, it's overshadowed by one of the dumbest things possible.

Why not let Tesla shine and the markets absorb what has just happened, than create more media hysteria?

What.a.joke. A ClusterF.

I hear you, and just want to chime in to say that I can't help but be a little frustrated by Elon lately myself. Yes, I know, this is heretical talk on this board, but it's nice to see that I'm not alone.

Can we just create a Elon twitter thread so all of those that don't agree with Elon's view, both non political and political, can go and complain because his views don't line up with theirs?

Such a place already exists: