Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are we down around 20% in 4 days after blow out earnings?
Elon … that’s how.

It’s always something he does that in no way relates to Tesla. And it’s happened numerous times. I love Tesla …. I don’t love Elon actions outside of Tesla. I know I’ll get a million thumbs down but really … his behavior is exhausting.

Im not naive, I realize he’s done some amazing things with Tesla and the company wouldn’t be here if it were not for him … but at this point .. Tesla is way bigger than one guy …

I have a lot of $$$ tied up in this stock …the ups and downs are ridiculous at this point but I’ve also not got blinders on …. So I stay invested and grit my teeth.

I’m hoping this will pass but really … Elon is going to be a polarizing figure and that will translate to tesla as well … I don’t know why he felt the need to buy Twitter but IMHO it’s a huge distraction.

YMMV

Looks like another $100 drop.
Elon … that’s how.

It’s always something he does that in no way relates to Tesla. And it’s happened numerous times. I love Tesla …. I don’t love Elon actions outside of Tesla. I know I’ll get a million thumbs down but really … his behavior is exhausting.

Im not naive, I realize he’s done some amazing things with Tesla and the company wouldn’t be here if it were not for him … but at this point .. Tesla is way bigger than one guy …

I have a lot of $$$ tied up in this stock …the ups and downs are ridiculous at this point but I’ve also not got blinders on …. So I stay invested and grit my teeth.

I’m hoping this will pass but really … Elon is going to be a polarizing figure and that will translate to tesla as well … I don’t know why he felt the need to buy Twitter but IMHO it’s a huge distraction.

YMMV
My sentiment exactly!

maybe uncle Leo being degrossed. didn't anyone claim he's about to go to jail? anyway, the way he described his leverage I could imagine he might get a margin call with such movements.

I still don't think it's Elon selling -- it doesn't make sense to sell as the deal will only close in ~4-6 months -- and the absorption capability of the market should be higher (i.e. price elasticity lower) after the split.

Last edited:
Elon 3.0 has to Elon 3.0 as @DaveT might (but didn't) say

It's not about money now, arguably hasn't been since 2.0. First was paypal - getting money, then 2.0 - saving humanity from pollution and certain death stranded on Earth, now it's saving humanity from culture wars, prepping us for energy and robot abundance, space travel.

TSLA-related, we'll see more of this in future and it will have effects on share prices, relationships with media, governments, people of all kinds. It's the new normal. So worth bearing in mind for investors and traders.

Probably only a few thousand people on Earth understands or know about this even as a claim, even those working at Tesla, fanbois etc. It takes a lot of unconventional thinking, but to me it seems obvious. And why not? Investors will be richer than needed, might take a little while longer or as these ideas take over, it could accelerate change, valuations. Kids who grew up screaming every time they saw a tesla will be drivers and investors soon.
A lot of us who have been along for the ride, since EV1, resent Musk leveraging the movement (in stock, power, and ideas) to articulate an undergrad understanding of “free speech.” The response to this is usually, “you don’t understand, you woke idiot.” All one needs to understand is that some woke idiots, such as myself, also own the car and stock and live in communities not entirely populated by 20-something libertarians.

Maybe not a good idea for the head of the EV movement in the world to align themselves entirely with the Babylon Bee?

This probably the most bizarre thing I've ever seen with this stock. Even factoring in the 2016-2018 years.

Never seen anything like it. To blow away earnings by that % and have your P/E way below it's all time low.

The amount of P/E compression in the matter of 3 months since Q4 earnings is flabbergasting. I believe we were trading in the upper 200 P/E range heading into Q4 earnings. Now…….113.

Tesla’s valuation has essentially been cut in half in 3 months

Last edited:
This probably the most bizarre thing I've ever seen with this stock. Even factoring in the 2016-2018 years.

Never seen anything like it. To blow away earnings by that % and have your P/E way below it's all time low.
So basically the perfect buying opportunity, since ATH is very possible this year.

I sold stock above $1000 and put $50k down on the Roadster. I wonder how quickly I can get that cash back if the floor completely falls out on this thing. The Roadster deposit was to lock in price in the face of inflation. Obviously if the stock hits a certain price there's far more upside in putting the money back into shares. hmmm $500 might do it. Obviously I hope we don't get there! I'm sure the eventual bounce back would turn that $50k into a nearly free Roadster by the time it comes out.

NASDAQ still green while TSLA down 5.6%. I assume Elon is selling for the twitter down payment and we haven't seen the filings yet.

I don't think any of it matters until its approved by regulators, correct me if I am wrong. Isn't he only up for 1bn if it all falls through. All I have read, aain correct me if I am wrong is that his offer has been accepted, so the price is set, actual sale could take months, or even more.

I'm just sick of the whole thing. Seems like it would have been a lot less painful to start a new service and call it Bark or Wood or Meow. But what would I know, I'm not a Billionaire. I am really begining to think Musk has started to let things get to his head.

I sold stock above $1000 and put $50k down on the Roadster. I wonder how quickly I can get that cash back if the floor completely falls out on this thing. The Roadster deposit was to lock in price in the face of inflation. Obviously if the stock hits a certain price there's far more upside in putting the money back into shares. hmmm $500 might do it. Obviously I hope we don't get there! I'm sure the eventual bounce back would turn that $50k into a nearly free Roadster by the time it comes out.
I don’t know if I have the nads to HODL at 500. I’ve dumped every spare penny I have into this and I’m grumpy as hell this week.

maybe the uncle Leo being degrossed. didn't anyone claim he's about to go to jail?

anyway, the way he described his leverage I could imagine he might get a margin call with such movements.

Totally forgot about this guy. Could see it being a forced liquidation, but the part that doesn't add up is that when the uptick rule was in place yesterday, we didn't see the drop. That part gives me pause for manipulators playing their games on the backdrop of fear of Elon selling.

If this isn't him selling, heaven help us if he starts.