Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not just the cheapest energy, it's how much you need. And Europe is considerably more efficient than the US and Canada.
Efficiency is definitely a good thing. But I am of the opinion that mankind will always find new uses for more energy. That's why I'm so bullish on Tesla energy. The market for solar+storage is practically limitless.

So if Elon doesn't file an SEC doc within the next few hours to say he sold shares on Tuesday am (48 hours is the law), then SP goes back to where it was (~$1000) right?
Right?

All the guidance I've read says "Form 4 must be filed within two business days following the transaction date." Not necessarily 48 hours. And the SEC requires that forms be filed by 5:30 PM ET at the latest to receive "same-day filing date." So technically I think we need to wait until an hour and a half after market close to be absolutely sure.

I know that's what most people here believe. I have a feeling supply constraints will keep Tesla's growth very close to 50%-60% and not allow much more for the next year or two. I also think the 4680 ramp will be slower than most think it will, and the CT production start will be at the end of 2023 and not sooner.

EoY 2024 I think we'll have revenues of $194 billion, EPS of about $25 per share, a PE ratio around 50, and a share price of about $1300.

I know it's less than most here are expecting for 2024. I hope I'm very wrong, but my gut feeling is Wall Street is going to hold us down for awhile longer, for as long as they can.
I can’t remember a post that I hoped was wrong more.
In my experience, "gut feeling" is rarely a successful investment tool.

All the guidance I've read says "Form 4 must be filed within two business days following the transaction date." Not necessarily 48 hours. And the SEC requires that forms be filed by 5:30 PM ET at the latest to receive "same-day filing date." So technically I think we need to wait until an hour and a half after market close to be absolutely sure.
Historically Tesla has been pretty fast filing those form 4s. Since we didn't get anything yesterday brings the chances of Musk selling to pretty low.

It's not just the cheapest energy, it's how much you need. And Europe is considerably more efficient than the US and Canada.

Not hugely so. For instance, if we take 2022 projected nominal gdp at today’s exchange rates, it looks like this:

$25.3t USA
$18.8t Western Europe
$4.3t Japan

(Western Europe is EU15 plus Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, and Malta)

If we take rough energy consumption now, it looks like this:

100 quads USA
64 quads Western Europe
18 quads Japan

Now we add in the imbued energy in trade. This is important. Some countries, like the UK and Switzerland look a lot more energy efficient than they actually are, but that’s because their trade structure masks their energy consumption. The financial services they export need a lot less joules to create than the good they import. In Switzerland’s case this hidden use is almost 40% of their entire usage.

Consumption with imbued energy from trade:
112 quads USA
76 quads Western Europe
19 quads Japan

So currently Western Europe is using 68% of the energy the US does with an economy 74% it’s size, and Japan is at 17% the US level for each.

Im just gonna leave this right here to set the mood for the day:

1651152390105.png

Guess this would explain $F and $GM future earnings potential to be so huge if this passes.

Misc line item: $599M

Im just gonna leave this right here to set the mood for the day:

View attachment 798399

Guess this would explain $F and $GM future earnings potential to be so huge if this passes.

Misc line item: $599M
Those poor, poor auto dealers. This is so sad. After a century of refining the best way to make one of a person's largest life purchases and ownership into a bitter and regrettable experience that is one of the most dreaded processes in life, they now need our help.

We should all (well, the Masochists, anyway) write our congress-critters about supporting this bill to further demoralize our purchase and ownership experience by giving them a tax break.

HODL

I have been thinking that in today's world, deliberate is a euphemism for "occupy, vanquish, enslave".
We are deliberating the use of the word deliberate rather much. Is all this deliberating deliberate? /s
Impatience regarding ramping production at Shanghai, Grüneheide and Austin is understandable, but we should know by now that all these developments will happen with all the rapidity that logistics and technological development permit.

Indeed Tesla keeps vanquishing fledgling competitors, when new all should hope that they can be successful because ICE is the target, not other BEV makers.

Reactions: Thumper
Historically Tesla has been pretty fast filing those form 4s. Since we didn't get anything yesterday brings the chances of Musk selling to pretty low.
Elon's November 8th sales were not filed till late on the 10th (along with the sales on the 9th and 10th). He/ attorney delayed initial filing as long as possible. Not that I think that is occurring now.

SEC.gov | EDGAR Full Text Search