Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stagger buy Calls (for shares) on the way down ... +3 850 Jan 24 shares for another 100 shares from pigg(cc)y bank
cheers!!

+Wouldn't be surprised if ARKS's algos are kicking in and dumping shares to compensate for TDOC losses so that TSLA stays under 10%.
Algo's need an override feature.
Also could be money getting pulled out of ARK due to lack of confidence.

Catalyst.
.EM hasn't sold a single share news (He has 6 mths to plan out the purchase)
.Full Shanghai reopening
.GF Austin deliveries to customers kicks off

Last edited:
What does SpaceX have to do with sustainable energy?
So read about the Sabatier process, and how it will be NECESSARY for SpaceX to use renewable solar power on Mars to create rocket fuel using SUSTAINABLE energy. And that technology needs to be invented and tested at scale on Earth before it goes off-planet? V. helpful.

If you haven't figured out how much money the Austin plant is going to be printing this year let me give you a clue on how hot the market is for any sort of even functional EV right now. And if Model Y money printer doesn't wow you wait a year and watch the Cyber money printer go brrrr.

2022 GMC Hummer EV Pickup Edition 1 - 1,000 Horsepower, Tri-Motor AWD, Removable Roof Panels, CrabWalk Mode went for $260,420

wait until 1st Cybertruck goes up for auction.
How are we down around 20% in 4 days after blow out earnings?
Because waLL strEEt

Understanding the depth of the resources the several opposing factions have at their disposal, it is no wonder how on low volume they are able to repeatedly hammer TSLA.

I just continue to ponder upon how these tactics in no way affect the fundamentals that support production and delivery, and, how this constant barrage, though disappointing in the short term to a shareholder, is only spitting into the wind for those players behind it.

In the big picture the entity offering high levels of creativity which bring forth never before seen products that impact the world in a positive way, seldom known before in history, will come out on top.

Heck, karma points alone ought to eventually result in their attempts being remembered as some of the largest failed bets the market has ever seen.

HODL

Speculating here, but if it turns out that it’s Elon selling, would there be a further sharp sell off if form 4 confirms this?

After all, the typical investor does not feel comfortable when the primary shareholder of a company is selling large stakes. Not to mention that they would potentially see weeks more of heavy selling.

Even some die hard TSLA fans might get the idea that if they sell earlier, they can buy back when SP drops further.

Holding for years will work because eventually Elon will run out of stock to sell or things to buy, but many Investors and funds will not be so patient If a multi quarter drop is caused by the the CEO.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: srius and 30seconds
I was initially against this assumption, but I can think of nothing except Elon selling to finance his TWTR purchase, at this point.

Same here. I initially thought he wouldn't be selling any TSLA to fund his love for the other T company. Not only do I think this is most likely the case now, I hope it is. Not because I want him to have done that, simply as it's all I can wrap my head around at this point. ;)

Reactions: TheTalkingMule
All the guidance I've read says "Form 4 must be filed within two business days following the transaction date." Not necessarily 48 hours. And the SEC requires that forms be filed by 5:30 PM ET at the latest to receive "same-day filing date." So technically I think we need to wait until an hour and a half after market close to be absolutely sure.

Ha! Even then one could not "be absolutely sure" given the disdain Elon has for the SEC. More like 99.99% sure. That said, did you see the stats posted here as to how often Elon's people wait until the last day to file a Form 4 in the last year? It's very low, 6%, if I recall.

At this point it would actually be better if he had sold. I don't think that's the case but I'm not sure why people get so worried about it. It does not reflect a fundamental change in value and thus is transitory in nature. Time heals all wounds.