Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I watched this earlier (hard to work still). It sounds so staged. But pay attention to Cory's face when their Chief Engineer claims that their Lightning "can do everything the F150 can do. It can Tow the same... that's why we had it pull the train." At that moment, Cory's eyes look down as if he sold out. The head was high just before it. Body language is all over this video in fact. (Edited names)

And the Supercharger question from Monroe "Have you thought about your own network" and the guy next to him is all tense, chin tucked in and says "We think of everything." Be prepared for a dance and a lot of nothing about a Frunk.

Ford CEO. Doofus. $5k more for Prius with HOV sticker was not for the 5 minutes he saved via the commute lane. That’s not the ’cost’ of five minutes. You can’t just linearly extrapolate that value for 45 minutes for another commuter. Ugh.

Monroe. Bewitching?. Cow towing to the ‘Built Ford Tough’ nonsense. I’ve had 3 Fords. Fine vehicles. But tough is not an apt adjective. Ugh again.

Linda. BSing. Paraphrasing. “My kids don’t know what to when the truck leaves the house. It’s so much part of the family now.” Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Kool Aid anyone?

That's odd. A Popular Mechanics Magazine prediction that has yet to come to fruition.
Back in 1957 they were saying flying cars were only ten years away.
And people complain about Elon time. Sheesh.
View attachment 835424
Well George was just born today so let’s see how all these prediction pan out with Tesla taking the Rosie character first with the Bot and then flying cars in the future
07684E81-2202-40D3-B0CB-DB92E0B7794A.jpeg

Ford CEO. Doofus. $5k more for Prius with HOV sticker was not for the 5 minutes he saved via the commute lane. That’s not the ’cost’ of five minutes. You can’t just linearly extrapolate that value for 45 minutes for another commuter. Ugh.

Monroe. Bewitching?. Cow towing to the ‘Built Ford Tough’ nonsense. I’ve had 3 Fords. Fine vehicles. But tough is not an apt adjective. Ugh again.

Linda. BSing. Paraphrasing. “My kids don’t know what to when the truck leaves the house. It’s so much part of the family now.” Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Kool Aid anyone?
Eh.

Munro has been critical of Ford in the past. He got some high profile access from Ford and he’s not pissing on that opportunity.

He needs to drink the Kool Aid a bit when he gets special guests. So long as he’s objective the rest of the time doesn’t bother me.

Personally, the whole Cult of Munro & silly over-commercialization of his channel bother me a lot more.

Last edited:
Eh.

Munro has been critical of Ford in the past. He got some high profile access from Ford and he’s not pissing on that opportunity.

He needs to drink the Kool Aid a bit when he gets special guests. So long as he’s objective the rest of the time doesn’t bother me.

Personally, the whole Cult of Munro & silly over-commercialization of his channel bothered me a lot More.
I get his opportunity. Didn't Sandy used to work for Ford at one time? So there's history and respect there. Obviously they couldn't get into some wide open potholes, so likely agreements were made, it's all good. It was definitely several notches above GM interviews I've seen.

Eh.

Personally, the whole Cult of Munro & silly over-commercialization of his channel bother me a lot more.
Yea, it's fluff piece. Ford needs some media loving too lol.

Reactions: SOULPEDL and Ogre
On YouTube Munro Live : Ford Interview | CEO Jim Farley, Chief Engineer Linda Zhang, and Chief EV Officer Doug Field

Ford CEO factually acknowledges Tesla's leadership, and praise Munro for helping the industry early on understand what is really happening in the automobile industry. He and the Ford execs answer Munro's pointed questions honestly. Respect.

Jim Farley sure knows how to butter up ol' Sandy Munro! Sandy was falling all over himself!

<wishful thinking>After the share increase authorization, there will be enough for a 5-1 split, if they want. They could argue that the price has run up so much, the larger split makes more sense.</>
I kinda liked the idea of a 3:1 now and another 2:1 before the end of the year. A double-whammy on the shortsters.

Toyota's first EV.
Whompy wheels are a thing.

Toyota warned owners of BZ4X electric SUVs to stop driving them because the wheels might fall off. The SUVs only recently went on sale in the United States and the warning and recall announced by Toyota Motor Sales USA on Thursday applies to all approximately 260 BZ4X SUVs that have been delivered to customers so far.

Toyota's first EV.

Toyota warned owners of BZ4X electric SUVs to stop driving them because the wheels might fall off. The SUVs only recently went on sale in the United States and the warning and recall announced by Toyota Motor Sales USA on Thursday applies to all approximately 260 BZ4X SUVs that have been delivered to customers so far.
Has anyone let the wonky wheels guy know about this? He was just a few years ahead of his time and the wrong "T" auto company. 🥸

Toyota's first EV.

It's been posted before but I'll add anyway that it affects Subaru too since they are partners in this steaming pile. It's using a rudimentary battery with mildly passable charging curve to abysmal charging curve. What an awesome product. Oh with regards to Subaru's, they didn't even deliver one vehicle before recalling them all lol.

Seems like Jaguar I-Pace also having cars spontaneously ignite due to LG pouch cells.

I also question the sanity of this customer.

Getting into a car that is catching on fire to move it down the driveway is quite bold!

I love that he called Jaguar before calling 911 🤔
I believe Elon is correct.

Toyota's first EV.

Toyota heard about the new airless tires and decided to go a couple steps further.

Airless tires? No we need more.

Rubberless tires? Gotta do better

Tireless tires? MOAR!

Wheel-less tires? … perfect!

Apparently all kinds of interesting charger related stuff in this release.

Going to be all kinds of interesting if you can set up destination chargers with fees. Seems like a nice fit for AirBNBs and hotels.

EDIT: More details from Tesla here. Apparently this is a little different from Destination Chargers, but you can get them listed on their web site. You have to set up at least half a dozen chargers. (screen cap attached)

Attachments

• 1659418225744.jpeg
    1659418225744.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 1659419131370.png
    1659419131370.png
    376.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
So the commercial charge operator buys 6 to 12 wall chargers @ $400 ea. Organises everything and provides the energy. Presumably buys kWh for less than sale price to car owner, especially if they install PV from somebody (Tesla maybe).

The missing detail, important to shareholders, is do Tesla pass on every cent to the site operator, or do they take a reasonable 10% cut?

This will be great for workplace charging. More cars charging while the sun is up. Opens EVs to employees living with no assigned parking.

Also great for road trippers, able to have certainty of $/kWh rate and compatibility prior to booking accomm. Well done Tesla.