Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A discount of $1100 USD in exchange for signing up for their insurance plan, which will give Tesla money back. I'd take that deal too. People are so dumb.

I am a bit shocked at the current state of the stock and am currently HODL myself but not sure for how much longer I can if things dont turn around.
What does that mean? You can’t hold because you need the money? You can’t hold because you over leveraged yourself? Or you can’t hold because WS has you scared?

Some days I really hate Elon. What an idiot. Of all the dumb things he has tweeted today sets a new record.

And here I was being happy I had bought a little for the first time in like 18 months today.

1. Working with his teams to drive the entire planet towards a path to sustainability
2. Working with his teams to drive the entire planet towards being multi-planetary
3. Working with his teams to cure all brain diseases
4. SO MUCH MORE THAT'S UNDER THE RADAR

One tweet: bad guy? idiot?

Maybe some trust needs to be available for a guy doing a lot more than you...while, probably, lifting you and your family up too.

While the market panics due to the unwind of the quarter-end wave, I thought the board may be interested in my anecdotal report of current US Model Y LR delivery/wait times.

I ordered a white/white LR Y with base wheels in the first week of December last year. Hoping that I'd lock a lower price combined with a promised tax credit which I expected would pass in Q1 2022. The estimated delivery date was July when the order was placed. As July approached the delivery dates were pushed back many times peaking about 6 weeks ago at Jan-March 2023. When the large reset of delivery time-frames rolled out a month or so ago, my new time-frame was Oct 6-30 '22. Last week I was assigned a Fremont VIN and contacted by the delivery team.

For various reasons, including the $7,500 tax credit and wanting to buy the dip a bit more, I asked if I could postpone delivery and if pricing would be changed.

Tesla's response was that I could delay, but it was not recommended as due to supply shortages, it might take up to 8 months before I'd get back to the front of the line. My price is still locked as it was at the time of reservation, my deposit is not forfeit, and I'm moved to the back of the line.

So, it will be interesting to see if Tesla continues the policy of letting people push the delivery window into the tax credit period or if they clamp down and require the order to be reset at the new higher price going forward.

Relevance? Because Elon's company provided Starlink access, they should all accept his absurd proposal?

Doesn't seem to be going over well with Ukraine. Maybe Elon should get back to working on delivering a Semi this year instead of interjecting himself into another international conflict.
I thought the purpose of a poll is to gain information you don't know about.

Some days I really hate Elon. What an idiot. Of all the dumb things he has tweeted today sets a new record.

And here I was being happy I had bought a little for the first time in like 18 months today.
I agree. For those who think Elon is in the right, how would you feel if Elon decided we should hold a vote on what should happen with your extra bedroom, the front half of your living room, and your dog?

Musk seems to breaking silence because he feels Putin is being pushed to a corner and nuke deployment seems likely. Ukraine is probably in a position of strength right now and leaders should be looking for an exit ramp before the entire world is dragged into this mess. Maybe whatever Musk wrote is not how the leaders feel in Ukraine which is fine, but their response is nothing but childish.

Musk seems to breaking silence because he feels Putin is being pushed to a corner and nuke deployment seems likely.
Or perhaps forward demand for electric cars in Europe is starting to crater.

Who wants to own an electric car when you are facing blackouts and electricity rationing... May as well stick with the ICE a little longer.

Musk hoping for the quick fix and everything getting back to normal.

Musk seems to breaking silence because he feels Putin is being pushed to a corner and nuke deployment seems likely. Ukraine is probably in a position of strength right now and leaders should be looking for an exit ramp before the entire world is dragged into this mess. Maybe whatever Musk wrote is not how the leaders feel in Ukraine which is fine, but their response is nothing but childish.
Good thing Mexico doesn't have nukes then or you would all have to give back Tejas.

Or perhaps forward demand for electric cars in Europe is starting to crater.

Who wants to own an electric car when you are facing blackouts and electricity rationing... May as well stick with the ICE a little longer.

Musk hoping for the quick fix and everything getting back to normal.
You seem to be unfamiliar with gas prices in Europe. Electricity would still need to go up a lot in costs to match the monthly costs of driving an ICE car in Europe

Last edited:
I agree, but he can't possibly think that stepping in on Twitter with those tweets can make the situation better...
I mean, Twitter is an awful medium for debate, you can only discuss with short - so, less nuanced - statements. Plus he's doing a poll! If he's not trolling (and I don't think he is), this is naive at best.

I agree, but he can't possibly think that stepping in on Twitter with those tweets can make the situation better...
I mean, Twitter is an awful medium for debate, you can only discuss with short - so, less nuanced - statements. Plus he's doing a poll! If he's not trolling (and I don't think he is), this is naive at best.
Ha true. I was thinking...that tweet about how the outcome is the same but just have millions die in the process, this tweet/poll has the similar outcome but just with more polarization against Musk..lol. Like no one is going to listen to Musk and he'll most likely pick some hill to die on with his argument but it wouldn't change the outcome.

Lots of respect for this guy.

I don’t agree with Musk on Ukraine (some fundamental flaws to the idea of re-opening the vote right now), but the fact that I disagree with him on one topic doesn’t change all the other things which I like and respect about him.

Musk makes cars and rockets, he doesn’t resolve international conflicts.

Quite often I feel like he should just STFU about things outside his bailiwick, but if he did… he wouldn’t be Musk.

I think he really does believe that matters of such gravity can/should be debated and decided on a platform like Twitter rather in dimly lit back rooms of power brokers. Certainly that is what he’d hope for a Mars civilization. Unfortunately, there is a very large gap between can and should and the majority of his fellow humans aren’t wired to tolerate it.