Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know some don't care about these things but they are material. Ukraine has confirmed Starlink is operational and how helpful it is.
In addition this from the WSJ.

The reconnaissance teams called in artillery strikes using Starlink—a U.S. satellite system providing access to the internet—targeting ammunition depots, vehicles and personnel. Intelligence officers used radio intercepts and other surveillance to locate enemy positions. Drone pilots offered artillerymen a range of targets and sometimes called in strikes directly. Paratroopers and other assault units fanned out through villages, communicating on encrypted radios.

Russia’s military often had no internet or cellphone signal, and radios reached only a couple of miles.

Excluding food and energy, CPI is expected to have risen 0.4%, down from 0.6% in August. But the annual rate of core inflation at 6.5% is expected to top the 6.3% in August, due to base effects.

consumer inflation is expected to have remained hot in September but slightly lower than August’s pace

+

Last edited:
Here is a post that actually is investment and financial advice, in contrast to the unlikely doom and gloom possibilities about which I have written earlier today.
Thank you.
I read this post yesterday and it kept my mind busy. Today I decided to nominate it for the Posts of Particular Merit. Fortunately, someone else beat me to it. Thanks for that as well!

This investigation was sparked by speculation from a Tesla hacker known as "green" (Twitter : @greentheonly)

looking forward to CNBC (et al) version of this "Euro NCAP investigates Tesla cheating"

FYI since we had some discussion on it, Monroe folks are estimating removing USS at $115 per car.

This investigation was sparked by speculation from a Tesla hacker known as "green" (Twitter : @greentheonly)

looking forward to CNBC (et al) version of this "Euro NCAP investigates Tesla cheating"
That was basically the CNN Headline. "Tesla, a tweet led to an investigation." Then buried in the article was "they found no issues, also they said it was normal to investigate but also remember when VW lost 10 billion because of their software cheating? Wink wink."

Last edited:
You'll have to excuse me if I lack excitement considering PepsiCo is being rewarded today by getting a P/E 25 on 12% annual revenue growth giving them a PEG that's twice that of TSLA.........Must be nice 🥴
Semi customers. Be nice.

Edit: Ninja’ed by @Todd Burch AND @2daMoon!

Me:
C776ED9F-E125-406F-B54E-995B9C5777A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reminder to all:

Tesla is still kicking a**, taking names, and making bank. They're still in the lead on a number of fronts, by far. The semi will soon come out, a product that will sell like crazy, likely increase in price, and has no rival. Massive 4680 production is on the near-term horizon.

While FSD is not at RoboTaxi levels and won't be for another year or two (IMO), nobody else has shown that they're anywhere as close to such a massively monetizable product. Even if it doesn't happen for a few years, FSD's realization will, I'm confident, be the largest single increase in stock value for a company ever.

Energy is ramping. Factories are ramping.

Ignore the Wall Street noise. It's just noise.

Better days are indeed ahead. I'm in just a bad a mood as the rest of you, but I've endured enough pain with this stock to realize it's all temporary, and it's all shenanigans. Who knows when we're back to ATH--I won't try to guess when. But what I *do* know, is that we will not only be back to ATHs, but surpass them. Just HODL, try to enjoy life as best you can. Our mountain purchases will come soon enough.
I read stuff like this (which I agree with 100%).

I get all excited.

I sell Puts because TSLA can't possibly drop 50% for no good Tesla specific reason...,

and then I get margin called....

Jesus Christ just called me and he told me that today is the first in a string of 17 green days in a row for TSLA.

I am now a deeply religious man, and I thanked the Lord for his call.

(Since NASDAQ/S&P/Dow was down and TSLA was green, we beat macros by infinity). Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to blow a wad of cash to celebrate. 3 cheers for fiscal irresponsibility!
But does that include AH? Please add more details/specifics :)

Reminder to all:

Tesla is still kicking a**, taking names, and making bank. They're still in the lead on a number of fronts, by far. The semi will soon come out, a product that will sell like crazy, likely increase in price, and has no rival. Massive 4680 production is on the near-term horizon.
I think there is a disconnect here.

I personally have been rather bearish in a few posts lately, not about Tesla, the company, but about the stock. I think the stock could very well trade sideways regardless of performance for some time yet. It already has shown a tremendous resilience to the ground facts over the past 9 months. No reason to assume this will change next month, next quarter, or even in 6 months.

Eventually it will reset and things will bounce. But it’s hard to say when. People should stop trying to drum up enthusiasm over the short term realize that this slump could last until at least the end of the year.

That’s what I think most of the “negativity“ on this thread is, just the recognition that this isn’t something that a few good news items are going to reverse. We might have a great 3rd and 4th quarter and still go sideways.