Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
revenue was below WS expectations

Lower than expected ASPs from the rampaging US dollar was a risk noted earlier, looks like that might have been the case.

This appears to be correct, as Automotive Gross Margin was maintained at 27.9%.

My read is that Tesla's increased efficiency offset the raging US dollar and forex losses related to that.

Really want to know what that 900M of paid down debt was. They didn't have that much debt listed in Q2.

Looking at these estimates, sometimes I wonder if we are contributing to an earnings "miss". I fear the ramping of two factories with new technologies may be a bigger hit than we anticipate. I am glad to be wrong =).
** Almost every single one of us were too high. and we missed our own expectations. I hope we can learn and actually estimate lower next quarter.

Record Income.

Record Free Cash Flow.

Record Cash pile.

20 plus thousand vehicles in transit and the wave smoothed out a bit.

This is a short term SP wash people.

WS will try to do what it wants to do, but think guidance and the fact that TSLA has already had the crap kicked out of it will determine what happens tomorrow.

Option writers are thinking great thoughts right now.

We still might get something incredibly positive during the call, but that's admittedly hopeful.

You are probably right. 😉
They pretty need to state outright, they're planning on hitting 50% delivery growth for 2022. Otherwise the stock is going to be pummeled until we get some data showing they're on track for it.......so mid to late Nov

Some updated Charts w/ Q3 2022 data:

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 1.30.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 1.30.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 1.29.44 PM.png

My read is that Tesla's increased efficiency offset the raging US dollar and forex losses related to that.

Really want to know what that 900M of paid down debt was. They didn't have that much debt listed in Q2.
The paid down debt was the non-recourse debt. It appears that Tesla is internally financing more of its customer purchases.

Purely off my recollection (likely wrong) I recall ~1b in debt at the end of Q2.

This report is pretty much at expectations. Some minor variances that will bring some debate, but really with how neutral this is, the call and guidance from it are way more important. If Tesla says 1.4+m deliveries this year, the stock will go up. If they announce a buyback, the stock will go up. If they say Cybertruck is on pace for Q1, the stock will go up. If they sidestep and/or ignore demand, margin, growth, etc sort of questions, the stock will go down.