Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because it is not to cover losses, it is for people who trade as a business/ income stream.
You declare in tax year X that you will be using mark to market in tax year X+1 and lock in the basis of all your holdings.
It says you declare a year prior, April 2023 is tax year 2022, the year prior to 2023.

You and I are reading the same verbiage VERY differently.

I'm sticking with my CPA's interpretation, he's never been wrong for me.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I think most of the regular folks do not follow the Twitter saga but for the ones following it it’s becoming a downward spiral of doom.

I wish I could agree with the first part... Second part definitely ;). I unfortunately think it is the other way, people who don´t follow Tesla/Elon closely are unlikely to watch a long interview if they know from twitter (picked up by mass media) this guy has come unhinged.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I wish I could agree with the first part... Second part definitely ;). I unfortunately think it is the other way, people who don´t follow Tesla/Elon closely are unlikely to watch a long interview if they know from twitter (picked up by mass media) this guy has come unhinged.
Elon hate is nothing new. It just comes in waves and the group making the noise changes. He was public enemy number 1 for trying to help with the kids trapped in the flooded cave in Thailand too.

Worst case scenario or twitter does fold and musk has to sell to cover and tslas stock price nosedives it would be temporary. Tesla is self funding the whole the “fundamentals” of a growth stock are harder to make a specific price for the stock stick, the fundamentals are their whether or not Elon sells.

It’s all just noise.

I'm trying to think of someone who wouldn't hate it when a car jerks and slows down for no reason and I keep coming up blank. :(
Although I see strong evidence that the jerkiness is going away, it is not gone yet. Which is why I believe Tesla could offer robotaxi without occupants at first. I just drove 10 mi last night while my friend followed me to band practice. He did not know I was on autopilot but pretty shocked to learn. My wheel jerked a couple times, but outsiders would likely not notice. After all, people do this too., did you notice all of them before FSD?

Our spouses travel with us with great trust in their choice of humans, and bravery for not knowing if the ride would end well. And this is exactly why Waymo and Cruise only do 25 mph and avoid scary turns (along with software limitation surely). So it's the boring rides that we know of (so far) that attract the rider at the right price. This will improve with real data, less jerky movement, and time as more users jump onboard.

Incidentally, I'm noticing the jerks happen after major upgrades, then the next few minor releases is where it gets smoothed out significantly. My guess is this is all about adjusting feedback and system latency which are both improving.

Also, there have been Way-less Waymo's around here (Chandler Az) the past quarter or so. And with some of the other autopilot companies out there failing, it could be a reckoning point in time.

Currently the general public sees Elon as not playing 4d-chess but playing drunken pin the tail on the donkey. Go ahead ask a random five people what their thoughts on Elon are. It probably will not be positive. Ask them who Ron Baron is. They probably will say “ who?”.

Advertisers appeal to the general public. That’s why they are pulling out of twitter. They do not want to be associated with Elon, as the public perceives he could be opening the door for increased radicalization. If this turns out to be right or wrong, it does not matter. It will hurt short term…likely medium term and possibly long term. Yet somehow he thinks he will build some sort of payment bank x.com thing and people will flock to it. They are leaving now. Good chance might not come back.beta was better than vhs, but vhs was what the masses used hence it won out. So even if he builds a great thing, might not matter in the end .

Twitter is part of the package I get it. But it is hurting Tesla in numerous ways and likely will continue to do so.

This is a serious question. If anyone has any tips on how to get their spouse or significant other to stop hating on Elon and Tesla please share. When we first got married I owned a Red 911. My wife called it a p**is car. (Think a phallic shape) She hated it so I sold it.
I figured she would be on board with an EV because she cares about the environment. However, the day I brought it home she wouldn't even look at it more than once. She has been in it twice now to drive her to get a recall fixed on her minivan and once when she and her friend had a few too many and they needed a ride home. This is 2 rides in 14 months. My best guess is any friends or family that come over want to see it, go for a ride, and then ask me a million questions about it within earshot of her. She doesn't like the attention it brings. They all, including her best friend love it. Is there anything I can do to change this Tesla and Elon hating around? I guarantee if I sold it today she would start being nicer again. Btw, I am not selling it or my TSLA stock no matter what.

Buy her a Rivian SUV. My wife never liked my Teslas (for vehicle reasons, not Elon hate), but her R1S just arrived yesterday and there is hope she will stop referring to EVs as “golf carts” 😛

Currently the general public sees Elon as not playing 4d-chess but playing drunken pin the tail on the donkey. Go ahead ask a random five people what their thoughts on Elon are. It probably will not be positive. Ask them who Ron Baron is. They probably will say “ who?”.

Advertisers appeal to the general public. That’s why they are pulling out of twitter. They do not want to be associated with Elon, as the public perceives he could be opening the door for increased radicalization. If this turns out to be right or wrong, it does not matter. It will hurt short term…likely medium term and possibly long term. Yet somehow he thinks he will build some sort of payment bank x.com thing and people will flock to it. They are leaving now. Good chance might not come back.beta was better than vhs, but vhs was what the masses used hence it won out. So even if he builds a great thing, might not matter in the end .

Twitter is part of the package I get it. But it is hurting Tesla in numerous ways and likely will continue to do so.
It may be hurting tsla short term. But how is it hurting tesla? Long term all that matters to tsla is tesla.

This is a serious question. If anyone has any tips on how to get their spouse or significant other to stop hating on Elon and Tesla please share. When we first got married I owned a Red 911. My wife called it a p**is car. (Think a phallic shape) She hated it so I sold it.
I figured she would be on board with an EV because she cares about the environment. However, the day I brought it home she wouldn't even look at it more than once. She has been in it twice now to drive her to get a recall fixed on her minivan and once when she and her friend had a few too many and they needed a ride home. This is 2 rides in 14 months. My best guess is any friends or family that come over want to see it, go for a ride, and then ask me a million questions about it within earshot of her. She doesn't like the attention it brings. They all, including her best friend love it. Is there anything I can do to change this Tesla and Elon hating around? I guarantee if I sold it today she would start being nicer again. Btw, I am not selling it or my TSLA stock no matter what.
My wife is a little easier to live with, but she did recently make some snide remarks at Elon (which I agreed with regarding the Pelosi’s attack). I wish he would apologize. People would be more willing to forgive for that, but he’s probably is too proud to admit the mistake!
About the car, she’s afraid of the phantom brakings (which have not happened recently) and some of the sudden adjustments of the autopilot, so she only drove it once at my insistence. But she does tolerate my (exuberant) speeding most of the times! 😂