Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He could well have needed 4B (in fact Gary estimated 5B IIRC) if some of the equity investors had withdrawn and he needed a short term bridge loan to close the deal which he's now selling to repay.

Also reminder this thread exists for any further discussion on the funding bit:

Since Ross (unlike Gary) is a Twitter investor, he has seen the documents. I recall he plainly said that a bridge loan would have been disclosed. I took that to end the bridge loan thesis.

Gary is convincing that operating Twitter even at a loss does not require the money for years.

Ross would not disclose who the Twitter partners were but i recall he suggested all the large investment houses were involved.

I keep thinking the money is related to staking out financial services Perhaps in association with global StarLink monthly payments as a start but who knows.

So what can help us in near future?
- Elon saying he’s done selling? I don’t think he’ll say that again…
- what ever happened to moodys credit upgrade being a catalyst?
- cybertruck specs page and unveil
- q4 pd numbers
- good cpi print
- Pepsi semi deliveries and reviews perhaps?
- buyback announcement
- fsd major update/release
- fed easing rate hikes

Missing anything?

- q4 pd numbers
- good cpi print
- buyback announcement
- fed easing rate hikes

Missing anything?

Major market rally? Kinda goes along with the last scenario, I suppose. Or if Russia withdraws it's military from Ukraine. China lifts zero COVID policy.

Last edited:
- q4 pd numbers
- good cpi print
- buyback announcement
- fed easing rate hikes

Missing anything?
I don't know if any of those will affect the stock price.

But if Hertz orders a few more cars...

If Elon is able to make Twitter a better place than it was before he bought it, I think he will win over a lot of current skeptics/haters. I think that will have a positive impact on TSLA. Basically the opposite of the current Twitter overhang.

If he can fix this dumbster fire than he can truly fix anything and is the greatest engineer of all time.

If it fails to become profitable, if the user experience doesn’t get better, if there are still bots spreading fake news then he will have failed and brought TSLA retail investors down in the mud with him.

Shorters are presently having the party of their life.

- q4 pd numbers
- good cpi print
- buyback announcement
- fed easing rate hikes

Missing anything?

You left another pandemic off the list.
That seemed to do the trick in 2020, didn't it? 🤷‍♂️

Toss in some fresh squeezed shorts to boost things too.

/S

Isn't even 60 considered an extremely high PE ratio? Google suggests that investors favor PE around 20 to 25. By this measure, TSLA should be around $75 today. I've always suspected it was vastly overpriced due to market over-exuberance. The S&P500 is down to 80% of its price from a year ago, while TSLA is down to half of what it was at that time. I fear that Elon has come unhinged and the over-enthusiastic market has gotten scared of him.

I am a total Tesla fanboy and my Model 3 is the best car on the road. But I fear that TSLA is finally approaching a realistic price. Sure wish I'd sold when it was $1,200 before the latest split.
People need to stop looking at nasdaq big techs PE and start looking at the Dow. Huge flight to "value stocks" have sky rocketed those PEs way beyond tech. Currently tech is the new "value" because rising rates is bad for "growth stocks" so therefore you put money into companies that doesn't grow and jack up their PE as if they will have earnings growth with forward PE compression.

Yes it's just that stupid right now.

...Basically the opposite of the current Twitter overhang.

There is no "Twitter overhang." There is a widespread smear campaign against Elon that has been running for years but recently intensified (as some of us knew it would). Big and powerful industries play dirty, as anyone can see from history.

What a shame that some folks here are falling for the familiar tactics, even after seeing how they tried to kill Tesla.

If he can fix this dumbster fire than he can truly fix anything and is the greatest engineer of all time.
From what I understand about his business plans, I think they will work, it will be a much better product, and likely a profitable company.

The reason so many people have some many doubts is that they have simply ignored what he has said, which is something Elon's critics typically do,

I'm not talking about this political posts, jokes, or other ill-considered posts. I mean the posts/interviews where he outlines the plans to improve Twitter.

The details are best discussed in the twitter thread, this is what i posted there:-
Elon & Twitter

The relevance to this thread is, we are all better off if Elon's plans work out, and Twitter becomes a profitable business,

People need to stop looking at nasdaq big techs PE and start looking at the Dow. Huge flight to "value stocks" have sky rocketed those PEs way beyond tech. Currently tech is the new "value" because rising rates is bad for "growth stocks" so therefore you put money into companies that doesn't grow and jack up their PE as if they will have earnings growth with forward PE compression.

Yes it's just that stupid right now.

I believe a 60 P/E ratio is quite normal on a business expecting to show 50% year over year growth for several coming years

Can anyone afford a Cybertruck now?

I was thinking the config tool would come online just a few weeks before deliveries. How close was it for the Model 3/ Model Y?
Y was configured at the time you "ordered" - not a deposit. CT is a deposit s o being handled differently.

Aa to your first question - a year ago I was planning on a Tri/quad/plaid but instead I'm considering (read: worried I'll need) a job that pays better than reading this thread.

1668064594132.png

1668064720405.png

1668065622823.png

Hmm...
Jun 3, 2019: multi-year low @ pre-pre-split $177 (last time this low: 2/25/2016)
Nov. 9, 2022, almost two-year low @ $177.12 (last time this low: 11/24/2020)

Oh, TMC God, you talking to me?

Attachments

• 1668064680065.png
    1668064680065.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 1668064704574.png
    1668064704574.png
    37 KB · Views: 38
  • 1668064812737.png
    1668064812737.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 43