Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is not how a lot of us drive. I've detailed logs on every one of my drives and have recorded all my drives. A lot of people on TMC do that. You should visit the FSD sub-forum more often. (ps : Also try to be not bothered by other vehicles hurrying you up, record your drives and see what disengagement rate you get).

You know how DirtyTesla drives, for eg. Here is his disengagement rate.

View attachment 883952

You can also see CYBRLFT - he keeps detailed logs and posts videos as well.

Thanks for posting the sample interaction chart. Seeing how interactions vary over time for one individual driving with primarily the same level of competence and care can indeed tell us a story. Multiply this type of interaction chart over multiple individuals, comparing past versions of the software to present, could be useful. My concern is that we beta-testers differ tremendously in temperament, experience and driving environment. What happens, for example, when the number of beta-testers increases four-fold with the introduction of new beta-testers? I appreciate what you're trying to accomplish but I think disengagement reports would make Tesla look unfairly bad compared to some competitors that have trained safety drivers in the seats and who are more concerned about letting the vehicle prove itself than showing courtesy to those behind. There's too many variables at times to draw short-term conclusions. Over longer time, the data may be useful, but again I think it could be used against Tesla by equating every disengagement with a failure.

EDIT: as @StarFoxisDown! says below, doesn’t appear to be a new discount. I think Wuwa is merely attempting to give Tesla some free advertising of the promotion to his followers.

Wuwa on twitter saying Tesla has again increased discounts in China for vehicles delivered before year end.

“The offer includes a new energy state subsidy of RMB 11,088, low interest rate of RMB 9,000 _13,000, limited-time insurance subsidy of RMB 4,000, and limited-time spot car benefits of RMB 6,000.”

Last edited:
Wuwa on twitter saying Tesla has again increased discounts in China for vehicles delivered before year end.

“The offer includes a new energy state subsidy of RMB 11,088, low interest rate of RMB 9,000 _13,000, limited-time insurance subsidy of RMB 4,000, and limited-time spot car benefits of RMB 6,000.”

It’s the same discounts as before…….Tesla is just reiterating the discount

He specifically says the last two are new items, except they aren’t.

Looks like rivian and MB are breaking up plans to build electric Vans. Another opportunity for tesla to step in. Battery constraint perhaps -
To meet demands for r1s and r1t? Hoping franz “favorite design” is the van/people
Mover and not the robotaxi design. Although the cool factor is probably going to be the latter - no steering wheel, minimalistic design. There is great potential to veer away from typical automotive mold.

Today EV association in Norway reports that total EV share in Norway just passed 20%. It took less than three years from 10% to 20% share. (And 10 years from 0-10% share, but one could argue even longer) they estimate less than two years until 30% share as EV share of new car sales is about 80% now. I’d say rest of the world soon to follow.

That double top does worry me bc Cory’s prediction earlier in the year w the double top played out with 52 lows. However we have 3 weeks until yearly PD numbers. Hoping that will drive the stock marginally higher, and out of the bear. I am keeping my enthusiasm low until final numbers come out and new factory/CT announcement.

Looks like rivian and MB are breaking up plans to build electric Vans. Another opportunity for tesla to step in. Battery constraint perhaps -
To meet demands for r1s and r1t? Hoping franz “favorite design” is the van/people
Mover and not the robotaxi design. Although the cool factor is probably going to be the latter - no steering wheel, minimalistic design. There is great potential to veer away from typical automotive mold.
Source: Mercedes me media

The option to expand the factory even further by establishing a new joint venture manufacturing company together with Rivian for large all-electric Vans is on hold due to Rivian’s ongoing reprioritization of projects.

Today EV association in Norway reports that total EV share in Norway just passed 20%. It took less than three years from 10% to 20% share. (And 10 years from 0-10% share, but one could argue even longer) they estimate less than two years until 30% share as EV share of new car sales is about 80% now. I’d say rest of the world soon to follow.
Probably not as easy to track but I wonder what share of miles driven were EV. I haven’t seen any data on this but I am willing to bet that it’s not a 1:1 correlation and that a much greater share of miles driven are EVs.

Between the fuel savings being much greater the more you drive, and the convenienve of charging at home , I would bet most high mileage drivers and 2 (EV and ICE) car families choose the EV over ICE. At least that is how it is in our family, we almost exclusively drive my Model Y over my wife’s telluride now…prior to me getting my Y we would always take the telluride.

Probably not as easy to track but I wonder what share of miles driven were EV. I haven’t seen any data on this but I am willing to bet that it’s not a 1:1 correlation and that a much greater share of miles driven are EVs.

Between the fuel savings being much greater the more you drive, and the convenienve of charging at home , I would bet most high mileage drivers and 2 (EV and ICE) car families choose the EV over ICE. At least that is how it is in our family, we almost exclusively drive my Model Y over my wife’s telluride now…prior to me getting my Y we would always take the telluride.

For 2021, 6 billion km out of 35 billion km, so 17 1/7 %, so less. Earlier EV sales have been concentrated in Oslo and other southern cities , so many of the early drivers would be lower kilometerage.

So this is the week that well informed “something” said Shanghai is slowing down… do we have any evidence of this actually happening?
There're indications that China is at the start of a big covid wave, rumor is 36% of Beijing's population are infected already, the rest of China wouldn't be far behind. This could have an impact on Tesla's China production and sales in December, regardless of the original plan. It's also possible that the leaked plan is actually Tesla's planned response to this covid wave (they should be able to predict this wave based on past examples such as HK).

I am having a difficult time parsing that paragraph. Passed 20% of what? All cars currently registered and running on the road? Which includes all the ICE that were registered and still in operation for the last 10 to 15 years?

There're indications that China is at the start of a big covid wave, rumor is 36% of Beijing's population are infected already, the rest of China wouldn't be far behind. This could have an impact on Tesla's China production and sales in December, regardless of the original plan. It's also possible that the leaked plan is actually Tesla's planned response to this covid wave (they should be able to predict this wave based on past examples such as HK).
This seems more relevant to this thread...