Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never fails. All of 7 cars left in inventory here in the PNW, one of which has almost everything I want (a blue YLR with 20" wheels) and even with FSD added is unbelievably inexpensive with the $7,500 discount, and now I can't afford to sell the shares needed to buy it.

Damn...
Finance it till the market recovery?

Folks - it's my opinion that Tesla is undervalued at this share price, yeah, I know, shocker... however I'm not a smarty-pants accountant type person, so does any of you know what the fair-value of $TSLA should be based on the fundamentals? I'd like something solid to back-up my feelings

Thanks!
We should be around 300 bux, final offer!

Folks - it's my opinion that Tesla is undervalued at this share price, yeah, I know, shocker... however I'm not a smarty-pants accountant type person, so does any of you know what the fair-value of $TSLA should be based on the fundamentals? I'd like something solid to back-up my feelings

Thanks!
For me, 40 PE x 5 EPS (2022) = $200 at least.

I'm just gonna say it here. If you're in danger of liquidation and margin calls, please consider hedging your account once we've got back to 160. Going by historical patterns, I see high probability of a deep retracement once we get there. If you're not in danger, enjoy the ride.
How would you hedge? Buy the same number of puts as shares? At what strike, at what expiry? This can be very expensive and all go to zero too, which is why I never buy insurance puts

There must be some rules-of-thumb?

Reactions: tslalala

Thanks!
Discussion of fair value is on hold until the market stops acting irrational.

How would you hedge? Buy the same number of puts as shares? At what strike, at what expiry? This can be very expensive and all go to zero too, which is why I never buy insurance puts

There must be some rules-of-thumb?
When TSLA gets back to 160, I would sell 200 CCs and buy 120/100 put spreads expiring in March. Either you lose your shares @ 200 or get $20 per share as cushion for your account in the end with $0 upfront cost. I would do this only if my account was constantly on the verge of getting margin calls. 160 is just a good spot to start hedging. In June 2019, once we have bounced from the low @ 12, we ran all the way up to the 200 weekly SMA before pulling back. Right now that SMA is at 160. I'm making this plan without knowing what P&D will look like but will update once we do know.

Last edited:
Saw this on Twitter.

Just off the docks in Houston and destined for Giga Texas. A huge shipment from Kuka robots.

Robotarm

A total of 66 shipments ranging from 9,000 kg to 11,000 kg. Either a huge Model Y expansion, or the start of the Cybertruck assembly line.

Stonks amiright? As much as I love the high fives around here when the SP is in ludicrous mode, it hurts to see the pain being caused. We're in this together and - as I keep telling myself - it's darkest a millisecond before the dawn. Hang in there folks.
I give it 3 days. 🤷‍♂️