Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me the one thing about the whole presentation that stands out is: the whole company is working on the 20M car target. Before today you could say that number was just an inspirational number thrown out by Elon a couple of times.

I expect a few analysts will update their model spreadsheets based on today.

Tomorrow will be brutal for the stock but I see it last for just a few days before institutional investors start loading up.

While the attendees in Austin take a short break, can we have a brief session of TeslAlcoholics Anonymous?

Hi, I'm willow_hiller and I bought short-term calls in anticipation of today.

Whew. Okay, that felt good to get off my chest. I've been telling my wife that the entire presentation is good for our shares, but bad for our calls. Live and learn!

Is anyone really surprised that Tesla did not deliver a "wow" moment? I'm not, it's par for the course. The did give lots of details into what is going to happen with regards to margins for those paying attention but there was no "wow" moment and many are just too simplistic minded to piece together what Tesla is going to do to the auto industry.

Then again ... the charging cables at some stations will now be longer .... SHEESH.

I'd almost wish they would skip these events as they don't really do much except let the mainstream investing public down.

I'm really happy with what I heard ... but I'm a long.

That's funny, because I heard for the first time how they will cut $1000 in cost on the next gen platform just in drivetrain improvements.

I heard for the first time that the next gen motor will not have any rare-earth metals.

I heard stats about labor-time and labor-space reductions for the next gen model.

These notes alone gave me (and institutional investors) more insight into how Tesla is going to reduce costs for the next gen vehicles and make a lot of money. They give specific for why we can be confident Tesla will maintain an insurmountable lead.
They gave us meat and potatoes when what we wanted was cherry topped sundaes.
Typical Tesla. They just don't get it.
/s

1677716529629.png

While the attendees in Austin take a short break, can we have a brief session of TeslAlcoholics Anonymous?

Hi, I'm willow_hiller and I bought short-term calls in anticipation of today.

Whew. Okay, that felt good to get off my chest. I've been telling my wife that the entire presentation is good for our shares, but bad for our calls. Live and learn!
Me too Willow, me too. Sigh.

Lemme save you some time on asking each "concern" in a different post:

Nothing about robotaxis (other than stuff already said)-- and nothing at all about HW4.
No new models announced (they did mention some design and cost items related to the unannounced next-gen vehicle though)- same with Cybertruck
No new factories announced (they did mention learnings and future cost reductions and efficiency improvements that'll roll forward to them though)
Nothing new about Optimus other than the "nicer" looking version can walk now and they showed a sizzle clip of one assembling another

This wasn't about "Here's a specific thing we're announcing today" this was about "Here's all the ways everything we do has improved, and how everything we do WILL improve over the coming years- including some specifics about those improvements- and they'll show up across all the future stuff we announce later"
Hmmm. Based on this from him, I still would have thought there would be some sort of significant and meaningful info status on reaching Robotaxi status. He himself said how critical it is to the company's financial health:

"Elon Musk says solving self-driving is the difference between Tesla being worth a lot or nothing. Elon Musk made an interesting comment about Tesla's effort to develop self-driving. The CEO says that solving self-driving is the difference between Tesla being worth a lot of money or almost nothing"

• Disagree
Reactions: Xepa777 and kbM3