Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Boo, the spike retreated. It was showing +7% for a couple of minutes.

You understand that this is just the normal process of MMs executing a Put or Call contract during the afterhrs session. Hint: if it comes +/-2 min of 5:00 pm it's Options action. Don't have a conniption every time it happens. :p

You understand that this is just the normal process of MMs executing a Put or Call contract during the afterhrs session. Hint: if it comes +/-2 min of 5:00 pm it's Options action. Don't have a conniption every time it happens. :p
That's what I figured, but this was the first time I was actively watching the ticker when the spike occured. I was also under the impression that such spikes were generally less than a minute in duration.

That's what I figured, but this was the first time I was actively watching the ticker when the spike occured. I was also under the impression that such spikes were generally less than a minute in duration.

Case in point today: (note the time-stamp on the After-Hours High). Whether or not Google charting displays it, these spikes and troughs are MM options settlement trades. If they an individual MM trades a large number of shares as a batch, it may be enough to show up in 3rd-party charts. Today, note also that the SP at no point hit $202.48 so this is almost certainly somebody executing a $202.50 Put contract, and a few odds'n'sods traded by everybody else during the same moment.

TL;dr RELAX. IT'LL BE OKAY... :D

TSLA After-Hours Quotes

Data last updated Mar 28, 2023 08:00 PM ET.
This page will resume updating on Mar 29, 2023 04:00 PM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$189.67 -2.14 (-1.12%)
After-Hours Volume976,528
After-Hours High$202.4827 (05:03:08 PM)

Case in point today: (note the time-stamp on the After-Hours High). Whether or not Google charting displays it, these spikes and troughs are MM options settlement trades. If they an individual MM trades a large number of shares as a batch, it may be enough to show up in 3rd-party charts. Today, note also that the SP at no point hit $202.48 so this is almost certainly somebody executing a $202.50 Put contract, and a few odds'n'sods traded by everybody else during the same moment.

TL;dr RELAX. IT'LL BE OKAY... :D
I'm not that excitable. It'll have to go much higher that $202.50 to get me elated. :)

Boomer Mama on a YouTube show today reminding everyone that there is a big proxy due tomorrow from Tesla, detailing all their proposals for the AGM.
de40cc73bdb03429b76dd90470abf765b0df717dv2_hq.jpg

Not explaining a TLA (three letter acronym) gets you the bad squishy admonishment.

I remember thinking exactly that six years ago. We're six years closer! I wonder if in another six years we'll be celebrating being twelve years closer.
Lol, if every 6 years the time that separates from FSD level 4 is halved, for example 6 years ago were were 1 year away from FSD, today we are 6 months away, in 6 years we will be 3 months away etc. Is there hope?