Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. I hadn’t thought about this. Not only has Ford not followed Tesla down price-wise on the Lightning, they went up.

A year ago the base Lightning was $42k and the Model Y was $63k. Now the base Model Y starts at $55k and the base Lightning starts at $62k.

Crazy flip.

C5272B4B-604F-4FC6-A465-19FDAEFFAAE1.png

A vacuum gets filled one way or another. If Tesla would respond with facts FUD would have a lot less traction. Instead lack of data from Tesla makes it look as if the company is hiding something.
I disagree. Everything Tesla said was always twisted against them. Meanwhile, the vacuum is getting filled with Tesla products sold to willing and happy buyers.

Once there is AGI available to the auto industry, one could argue that there cannot be any manufacturing advantages, because AGI will figure out the most optimal production system and thus commoditize all finished products so that their cost will tend toward the input materials.

Elon answered this question specifically during the Q&A session on Tesla Investor Day 2023. He said that it'll be a long, long time before AI can replace humans for design and planning.

Elon Musk Answers All Your Questions (Investor Day 2023)

Still a 2 year wait on a megapack. Could just be waiting on trucks (we pull our hair out on trucking) or that the project required 100 units or something. For the next 18 months I can't see Tesla having any issues shipping megapacks. In fact I look forward to that in 2 years so we can get a better deal on storage. For now just too expensive.
For some reason this comment made me wonder what kind of range a Tesla Semi would have if it was carrying the max load capacity of just batteries and they were all connected to the drivetrain. ChatGPT couldn't handle this question for some reason.

For some reason this comment made me wonder what kind of range a Tesla Semi would have if it was carrying the max load capacity of just batteries and they were all connected to the drivetrain. ChatGPT couldn't handle this question for some reason.
500 Miles + 3.5 X 500 Miles = 2,250 Miles?

Because Elon is dead set on making MSM dig their own grave. Tesla draws in clicks on views, however it's full of misinformation and a land mine when the owner of Twitter with over 130M followers loving to call you out. This is the chess Elon decided to play. MSM keeps falling for the trap, making themselves less and less credible to the point that people no longer trust them. It's what they get for prioritizing click traffic for real Journalism.
WoodMac is hardly a media company.

The reason that WoodMac doesn't have good data on this is the same reason that we shareholders don't have it.

Because Tesla doesn't tell us in the quarterlies.

More disclosure about the Energy division is important for us shareholders to be able to have an informed view. Reality is better than fantasy.

This issue is not a good look for Tesla imho.

A vacuum gets filled one way or another. If Tesla would respond with facts FUD would have a lot less traction. Instead lack of data from Tesla makes it look as if the company is hiding something.
They have billions in the bank, billions coming in every quarter, massive market share and pay nothing for advertising & PR. Obviously the FUD and lawsuits have not worked.

3000 solar roofs is in the range of plausible.
No. It’s really not remotely plausible. It’s not even on the right order of magnitude.

3000 total roofs would be roughly equivalent to an average of just 10 roofs completed per week nationwide.

Tesla has frequently discussed trying to ramp to 1000/week years ago. Three years ago Tesla announced that they had made 4 MW of tiles in one week which was close to that level, and although it didn’t mention whether this rate was sustained. I’m any case, it would be absurd to believe the tile factory is two orders of magnitude ahead of installation capacity.

It’s been a while, but here are a few mod notes:

- Beer is OT, even if Tesla sells it. All posts have been moved to Off topic galore

- Bashing politicians (also known as politics) is off limits, even when it comes to Senator Manchin. Posts removed.

- FSD is important to Tesla/TSLA, but the discussions have a tendency to a. swallow the whole thread, b. get too technical and c. lead to bickering. The last few weeks there have been several long-winded FSD debates, which I’ve cut some slack. But now the conversation needs to go back to the dedicated FSD discussion thread.

Update on Europe numbers in the last 24 hrs for those that report daily:

CountryNow24 hr ChangeQ4-2022
Norway9396+170 (+1.8%)8670
Netherlands3713+787 (+26.9%)2826
Spain1996+212 (+11.9%)1317
Sweden4109—-2236
Massive percentage increases in Netherlands/Spain in the last 24 hrs, decent gain in Norway, no change in Sweden (are they done, or is data just not updated?). Yes, that’s right—The Netherlands did about 21% of its registrations for the entire quarter in the last 24 hours(!).

Still 1 day of data to go. All countries above are a significant beat over Q4.

If you are in the “UK/Germany see massive March deliveries” camp like I am, then Europe probably has a record quarter.

If you are in Troy’s camp, Europe disappoints.

Whose team are you on? Mine, who does 10 minutes of research in the early morning when I can’t sleep, or Troy’s, whose leader does tons of research for profit? Find out in a few days who wins 😂.

Just a small warning about the Norway numbers. My own and my colleague’s experience taking delivery of new Teslas in the last months. The numbers you find at Tesla stats are scraped from the Norwegian DMVs database. It seems that happens when a VIN gets assigned a license plate by the car dealer. The car is then typically already prepaid by the customer. Actual delivery of keys and the customer driving away happens 2-4 days later.
So what I’m saying is I don’t know exactly where the cars in the 28-31 of march time is counted, Q1 or Q2.

With such big days these last days of the quarter it might move the needle a bit?

Tesla of course gets the sale so it’s not relevant for the company but might affect how much of a record Q1 is.

They have billions in the bank, billions coming in every quarter, massive market share and pay nothing for advertising & PR. Obviously the FUD and lawsuits have not worked.
So the FUD doesn't matter and we should never complain about it or spend any time trying to correct it? Sorry but I'll never agree with that.
The reason that WoodMac doesn't have good data on this is the same reason that we shareholders don't have it.

Because Tesla doesn't tell us in the quarterlies.

More disclosure about the Energy division is important for us shareholders to be able to have an informed view. Reality is better than fantasy.

This issue is not a good look for Tesla imho.
Exactly, to pretend otherwise is delusional. Should Tesla also not report now many vehicles they produce and sell? Doesn't matter, right? Wrong.