Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Nikola Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disagree. I think there is little doubt. :)

Weeelll ... technically what they wrote was both more accurate and WORSE than what you wrote.

TL;DR their 10-K. Did they admit to selling their trucks at a loss? Last I checked, without even amortizing factory/toolings costs, their COGS were already higher than what they were selling the trucks for!

• Informative
Reactions: HVM and Electroman
Can we get a link to this news on a more reputable news website? This is the only site that is posting it. Sounds like FUD?
It's only sort-of-fud. From the Nikola 10K:
Our ability to continue as a going concern is dependent on our ability to obtain the necessary financing to meet our obligations and repay our liabilities arising from the ordinary course of business operations when they become due. The outcome of these matters cannot be predicted with any certainty at this time. If we are unable to raise sufficient capital when needed, our business, financial condition and results of operations will be materially and adversely affected, and we will need to significantly modify or terminate our operations and our planned business activities.
This is pretty standard boilerplate disclaimer. Unless they something like "we can't figure out how to raise more capital" it means not much.

"We are an early stage company with a history of losses, expect to incur significant expenses and continuing losses for the foreseeable future, and there is substantial doubt that we will have sufficient funds to satisfy our obligations through the next 12 months from the date of this report."

I don't like hydrogen or nikola, but this is just noise and we should be better than this. Every early stage company says this...

Reactions: Doggydogworld
Oops that was not good advise, but I bet it will soon rise like a hydrogen blimp:
nkla.jpg

My very strong conjecture is that any strong days for NKLA, like this morning with a 9.8% rise, are close to fully a product of short covering as shorters are just as happy with 99.3% gains as with 99.45% ones. The alternative of awaiting Full Terminal can mean, for example, not being able until whenever that occurs to offset realized gains against losses, of which in the current market I’m sure most have many.

He's currently free on a 100 million dollar bond... sentencing was delayed till June 21 pending his appeal and request for a new trial because one of the jurors disliked rich people

May 25 (Reuters) - Nikola Corp (NKLA.O) said on Thursday Nasdaq gave the electric truck maker a delisting notice for not meeting its minimum bid price requirements.

Shares of the company were down 5% at 73 cents. They fell about 78% last year on high battery material costs and production concerns.