Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
US auto sales estimates so far this year: Model 3 #10 best selling vehicle at 63,000 estimated, right behind Camry (66,037) for best selling non-SUV/truck. Model Y #4 at 85,000 estimated, just ahead of RAV4 (84,704) as best selling non-truck vehicle.

Edit: Add specific numbers

Last edited:
*** Off topic now that the market is closed ***
New Mini vehicles certainly show the way in terms of computer screen UI. I think Tesla could learn a lot from this -
Personal assistant you say?

I think we're good after that one
iu

So if your EV company is hemorrhaging money with little to no cash reserves on the edge of a recession and deteriorating sales and reservations, your stock was quite green today. If your EV company is raking in money with huge cash reserves on the edge of a recession, your stock was red today.

🤷‍♂️

Yes but demand problems, and... price reductions!!! Um, also keep in mind this is pretty typical for days ending in "y". Serious question, how long can we be on the edge of possible recession? I feel like it's been a full year already? Strange times.

Side story: I just saw a Tesla Model 3 parked in the employee lot at the local Fedex distribution facility in my little town. Over the last few years we've watched our town go from almost zero Tesla sightings around town, to many sightings nearly every time we go out including in our own neighborhood. I've been waiting for the day that the Fedex workers started driving them and that day has come. Tesla is now mainstream here at least by my admittedly somewhat random local criteria.

It has been really amazing to watch this growth and adoption happen here and I can't wait to see how this year ends up in the US and worldwide. Tesla is doing great so far in the US and Austin only recently started hitting scale. What a great ride this is despite the constant FUD and nonsense from the lamestream corporate media. Bullish!

So if your EV company is hemorrhaging money with little to no cash reserves on the edge of a recession and deteriorating sales and reservations, your stock was quite green today. If your EV company is raking in money with huge cash reserves on the edge of a recession, your stock was red today.

🤷‍♂️
It’s just innocent software bugs and/or honest to goodness ‘gosh, golly, gee wiz’ mistakes that Tesla SP just couldn’t quite get to green today.

I think it's extremely likely that Optimus will be successful. It doesn't really need much capability at this point. Hobbyists and researchers around the world would love to get their hands on an Optimus and try their hand at training it. I think Tesla needs to start mass producing them ASAP. Then let a thousand flowers bloom. Developers will find useful tasks for the bot to do.

All it needs is one "killer app" and the demand will be insatiable.
Building Gen3 cars would be a "killer app"
Building more Optimus, building HVAC, making batteries.

IMO Optimus is sold to others after all of the internal "job vacancies" are filled.

🤷‍♂️
I am sure it is just a misunderstanding that will be corrected in the 'long term'.

*** Off topic now that the market is closed ***
New Mini vehicles certainly show the way in terms of computer screen UI. I think Tesla could learn a lot from this -
I owned a mini, super fun to drive, but one of the least practical cockpits I’ve ever sat in. Lots of pointless stuff that looks cool and demos well but lots of features were just poorly executed.

So a talking boucing dog that looks about as useful as Clippy seems right on brand.

TSLA made a nice recovery from the strong morning sell off. A pretty good result considering the “Tesla price cuts” boogie man normally is a large negative on the stock price.
I asked ChatGPT about it..

New Rules:

THIS thread will not countenance the promulgation of ChatGPT or other such artificially created entries. Serious or no, jocular or no, On- or Off-topic or no. It already is hard enough - nigh impossible for most - to discern what is or is not the product of a human brain, so zero tolerance for the obvious ones.

Summarizing: Deleted
pour encourager les autres.

I was listening to someone talking about other EVs and Tesla's competition, blah, blah, blah and noticed that Tesla announced a new megapack factory to be built in China. I then realized the hit pieces we've seen touting the other auto companies are likely NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING compared to the coming storm that will be the energy companies fight against Tesla. This FUD we see now we will all think back on as "the good old days". We'll see posts like "Remember when all we had to fight against was Mary Barra's '30 new models by x year' and 'the government is in cahoots with the auto unions'?". If you think you need diamond hands now...just wait....eek!

I was listening to someone talking about other EVs and Tesla's competition, blah, blah, blah and noticed that Tesla announced a new megapack factory to be built in China. I then realized the hit pieces we've seen touting the other auto companies are likely NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING compared to the coming storm that will be the energy companies fight against Tesla. This FUD we see now we will all think back on as "the good old days". We'll see posts like "Remember when all we had to fight against was Mary Barra's '30 new models by x year' and 'the government is in cahoots with the auto unions'?". If you think you need diamond hands now...just wait....eek!
I already saw the first 'congress looking into concerns over teslas dependency on china after announcing megapack factory' article. But I think this war has already intensified way beyond UAW and GM in the last two years. It has been obvious for many for a long time that this is not about cars only but all energy production/storage/consumption to be decarbonized where possible.