Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA is just up because the market in general is up, I don't think it's anything deeper than that.

NIO +8.24%
NKLA +6.82%
FSR +6.56%
RIVN +5.72%
RIDE +5.71%
LCID +5.29%
WKHS +4.92%

TSLA +2.85%

Compared to other EV stocks, TSLA isn't up very good at all today. EV makers with very little production at all are up more than we are! :rolleyes:
TSLA can only be allowed to go up so much because of the options market that controls it - that’s why it’s being capped.

Nothing to see here; just a little software bug. It’ll be fixed any day now.

Compared to other EV stocks, TSLA isn't up very good at all today. EV makers with very little production at all are up more than we are! :rolleyes:

TSLA is up 8x vs. the QQQs, well in excess of its Beta. Those other tickers are practically 'penny-stocks' compared to Tesla valuation. Wanna have some fun? Add up the delta in Mkt Cap for all the tickers you listed, and compare it to TSLA, which is up intraday +$17.5B atm. :p

Likely, they have also gotten some negative reinforcement over their careers in regard to past attempts at decision-making based upon their own skills (or lack thereof) and have migrated to the safer "follow the herd" strategy. This way, even if the herd is wrong, there is someone else to blame and they keep their jobs.
This is the equivalent of 'no one lost their jobs for choosing IBM'

My gut tells me Tesla needs Franz to redesign the Optimus for better curb appeal. Stainless steel so customers can choose the wrap they like.
Look back at the unveiled version of Optimus. That is the "design" vision. What we are seeing right now is engineering iterating along the path to some final vision. The early generations of Optimus will be for internal Tesla use, then for industrial use, then finally once the design has been softened and perfected, for private use.

TSLA is just up because the market in general is up, I don't think it's anything deeper than that.

NIO +8.24%
NKLA +6.82%
FSR +6.56%
RIVN +5.72%
RIDE +5.71%
LCID +5.29%
WKHS +4.92%

TSLA +2.85%

Compared to other EV stocks, TSLA isn't up very good at all today. EV makers with very little to no production are up more than we are! :rolleyes:
I find it staggering that NKLA still trades as a stock, and can actually go UP. Who is holding those shares? You might as well add some theranos and wework to your portfolio if you are going to just ignore the fraud and nonsense associated with that hyped disaster of a company.
I guess there is a REALLY dumb 0.1% of the market who buy NKLA because 'I hear they compete with tesla', and do ZERO research?

NIO +8.24%
NKLA +6.82%
FSR +6.56%
RIVN +5.72%
RIDE +5.71%
LCID +5.29%
WKHS +4.92%

TSLA +2.85%

Compared to other EV stocks, TSLA isn't up very good at all today. EV makers with very little to no production are up more than we are! :rolleyes:
Many solar stocks are also up double or more % compared to TSLA. As Kriggerand pointed out, options seem to remain in control.

NIO +8.24%
NKLA +6.82%
FSR +6.56%
RIVN +5.72%
RIDE +5.71%
LCID +5.29%
WKHS +4.92%

TSLA +2.85%

Rather, the other stocks rose because of the halo effect - TSLA went up, so traders/inventors became more positive about the EV market and put money into other companies in the market. Other EV stocks rose more than TSLA because they are more highly leveraged. This happened many times with EV stocks, and with cryptocurrencies, before.

Might get an apology from Troy in a couple of quarters at this rate!
Such a flawed logic assumption. It's clear Tesla wants all Fremont and Austin production going to US deliveries because of the IRA credits. It doesn't have anything to do with Austin production rates/lack of batteries for Austin.

Gotta love how he completely ignores the fact that Austin hit the run rate of 5k/week 1-2 weeks ago.

Just heard the dumbest thing on on CNBS. They are going to do a "Deep Dive" into AI. They can't even do a legitimate deep dive into EV's. AI will be well beyond their capabilities. Does ANYBODY think they could do a "Deep Dive?"

Off a cliff? 🤔 (presuming the unnamed "they" is Nikola)

Last edited:
Might get an apology from Troy in a couple of quarters at this rate!
Just a reminder here. Not for you Buck…

Tesla previously exported a huge chunk of Shanghai production to Europe. For those (apparently Troy) who might have been snoozing, Giga Berlin’s production is now producing 7,000 5,000+ cars per week.

Apparently Troy-logic is that China should be absorbing all of that Shanghai production that formerly went to Europe?

Canada is not about lack of demand in China, idle capacity, or US production it is simply Shanghai redirecting their existing export stream from Europe to Canada.

EDIT: Fixed the cars/ week because… not sure where that original number came from.

Last edited: