Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was intrigued by the inexplicable closing cross of 11.9 million shares if anyone wants to suggest a theory for the unsolved mystery!

It was the S&P 500 Rebalance Date (3rd Friday was June 16, 2023).

S&P Global.Rebalance Dates.2023-06-16.png

Welcome back. It's great to see you back on the thread!

In fact, I don't recall seeing much of you on Twitter recently either.

I hope you are back to grace us with more of your insights into Tesla financials.
"Life" got busy for me over the past 9 months. I won't be posting as often as I had in the past but I now plan on being here regularly.
I am looking forward to reading the insightful content this thread provides.

Most of the time Q1 is the lowest sales quarter for cars and Q4 is the highest. It's normal to have Q1 less than Q4. YoY is the only true measure.
To be fair, with the data that we have now from some countries, it seems Q2 will be lower than Q1.
Source: Electric Vehicle registrations in Europe: 14 countries, 90+% of BEV market

But we really need to wait out Germany numbers: given that these last weeks of the Q all sales will be concentrated there, it will be the best indicator for demand in EU.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-06-20 14-32-56.png
    Screenshot from 2023-06-20 14-32-56.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Disagree
Reactions: GSP and CyberShy
Thank you Reuters.. That must have been hard to digest & publish 😂

Thank you Reuters.. That must have been hard to digest & publish 😂
I'm looking forward to reading that either Hyundai-Kia or VW is going with NACS, which I think will doom CCS1 and settle the matter of the NA standard. I'm not sure I care what Toyota does.

Looks like Rivian is joining team NACS! Love to see them survive. Those little trucks are sporty looking to me!

EV maker Rivian to adopt Tesla's charging standard | CNBC.com (18 min ago)

Deal largely follows the pattern set by Ford & GM:

Customers of Rivian, which has its own small network of fast chargers, will be able to access 12,000 Tesla Superchargers with adapters in the United States and Canada as early as spring 2024, the Irvine, California-based company said. Rivian also said it would make a Tesla-style charging port standard on its vehicles, starting in 2025.

00:25:00 In this section, the interviewer asks Elon Musk if he would ever consider running for president of the United States, to which Musk replies that he has no desire to do so.
Sounds like they both need to familiarize themselves with Article II, Section I, Clause 5 of the US Constitution.

European sales seem likely decrease again QoQ.

Why do we think European demand seems to be weaker even with signficant price cuts?

I think this quarter is harder to judge. The wave is ending and we have data from only the daily reporters. Between Norway Netherlands, Span, Sweden and Denmark going into today sales are off 6909 with 10-12 days left (some of the daily reporters are a day or two behind). I believe it will comes down to just how many cars Berlin Gigafactory produced in the quarter. With about a week left in March Berlin hit 5000 cars per week. Did Berlin hit roughly 60K in 3 months? I would expect that in June next to none of the Berlin produced cars will be ferried to Norway, Sweden, etc. Will be Train and Truck movement only. So sales from Norway and Sweden will be nearly all from China.

Spain is already passed Q1 and unless sales stopped will handily beat Q1
Sweden needs to see 211 more and unless sales just stopped will surpass Q1
Norway is 4090 behind and unless paces speeds up which requires ships to deliver cars will be the determining factor
Denmark is 1706 behind but if June stays at June pace will sell more in Q2
Netherland is 1223 behind but if June stays at June pace will sell more in Q2