Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Misha’s usually underwhelmed by Teslas and panned the prior plaid he drove. He’s one of the most accomplished and notable ring drivers today; at one point he mentions all the super cars he had done a ring lap in; that same day.

This is kinda a big deal imo. Teslas are now considered highly refined performance cars by all standards; getting harder to deny.

I swear I saw this a few pages ago about the 5 days downtime but I didn't catch the cybertruck production part. I went back to look and didn't see the post.

Want some interesting Giga Texas updates & information? This is assembled from various channels & a few observations I've made.

Model Y production will be paused for line upgrades in the beginning of July. The period of down time is scheduled to last approximately 5 days.

Giga Texas is switching away from swing shifts, instead going to Day and Night shifts only. This will take into effect after the production line upgrades are completed. This seems to be a very popular change with employees.

Expect an initial short-term decline in Model Y production rate after the upgrades. This is to allow employees to be trained & become familiar with the revised production lines, equipment, & layouts, then rapidly recover.

After this short period, expect production rate to increase (more Model Y’s can be produces per unit of time) … uncertain what the increased production weekly rates will be, but higher than the recent 5K Model Y’s per week rate Giga Texas achieved.

Personnel who were formerly on the swing shift are being redirected to the Cybertruck production lines to finalize testing, calibration & get the lines into production status. This will likely take place throughout July and into early August.

There is a new Tesla manufacturing site just south of Austin in the Kyle, Texas area (about 20 miles or 32 Km southwest of Giga Texas). This site is reported to produce seats & possibly some other sub-assemblies.

This new manufacturing site may support both Model Y and Cybertruck. Uncertain when this facility will begin production, but likely within the next few months. The idea is to increase overall production capacity.

Shouldn't your technical analysis also include casting chicken bones for confirmation?

Maybe follow that up with a Tarot reading, just to be certain?

Oh, and Tea Leaves, we can't leave any stone unturned.

Speaking of witch, are there any stone-based methods of stock forecasting?
I know, right? Such a lack of appreciation of the knucklebones and the rune stones, when all they ever were was a joke on the middlebrows. Sad for the kiddos not to know. 🤷‍♂️

edit: If you’re not sure if you should be offended on behalf of your favored ideodocy of the eduocracy, you probably should be.

Last edited:
This is Monterey, Nuevo León. There is good to need to be some serious grid & generation investment to support Tesla and associated factories there,

Context:
Nuevo León is 24,000 square miles, nearly 300 miles (500km) north to south and has three climatic zones. Monterrey (two r's) is in the more temperate mountain zone at nearly 1,800 feet MSL. Highs for the next week are 96F. Austin TX is projected to hit 102 (and is hotter on average). Laredo, TX will be 106F. (Fremont 93, but only Saturday).

Per article, transmission may be an issue, Tesla is building near transmission lines.
Tesla also installs solar and battery at their plants.

There are *many* automotive (and other) suppliers in that region, power outages usually prioritize industry and the grid in the city was quite dense (as I recall).

Updated as of 851CST
Q2 1161 short of Q1
If countries averages continue at June levels will end up 446 units short of Q1
All daily reporting countries last reported day above June average

Sweden and Spain have 2 days left
Norway and Denmark have tomorrow and continued reporting of todays results.
Netherlands has 3 days left
Update as of 750CST
Q2 466 short of Q1
If countries averages continue at June levels will end up 237 units short of Q1

Norway and Denmark on last day, but reporting throughout the day
Sweden, Netherlands and Spain all have reported for the 29th. Wont get updates today.

Sweden delivered 301 on 29th
Norway 170
Netherlands 151
Spain 99
Denmark 84

Just a reminder, today is the last day of Q2 (and of H1) for financial reporting. As such, large funds (ie: institutions and pensions) may choose to add to their TSLA positions today in what is referred to as "window dressing". This may contribute to buying interest today.

Also, we may get addtional comments on this (and other) EOQ-relevant topics today from @Curt Renz. GLTA!

Cheers to the Longs!

I wonder if, as more companies join NACS, there will be less of an effect on TSLA. Sort of a sell-the-news situation. Totally a short-term effect, 'cos long-term it will be worth a lot more to the company.

I can only dream about the expansion of NACS into other countries, like Brazil and such, but I wonder if Tesla will be trying hard to implement NACS in their cars - and infrastructure - in India. It could be a really nice boost for NACS if the world's other largest country decides to allow NACS alongside CCS2.
In context CCS2 works well and is reliable, albeit not so elegant and compact as is NACS. Moving from CCS1 is one of the world's easiest decisions primarily because that ridiculous clip breaks easily. CCS1 WILL change or yield to NACS everywhere, meaning North America and South Korea. Elsewhere there si much less necessity for change. Brazil, for example, has a tiny installed base but a larger one, Mercosur-wide has many busses (Santiago de Chile one of the world's largest BEV Bus fleets) all using CCS2 without problem. If Enel would decide they wanted NACS and Chinese BEV makers supported that I suppose a change might happen, but why? The present system works well.

It seems many North Americans think that CCS is always defective. Realistically it is that incredibly stupid connector attachment that is the prime culprit. IMO, it is impossible to have high availability and reliability with that infernal CCS1 clip! If anybody really cared to save CCS in North America they just switch to the CCS2, which has three phase A/C and a bette overall design than does CCS1, plus eliminating almost all the failures.

The wiki might be easier to read than CharIN data:

Note: I vastly prefer NACS, but find CCS2 satisfactory and never fails for me, either across EU or Brazil, both of which I've driven rather a large amount. I have successfully charged with CCS1 a hand full of times, but also see CCS1 installations being removed from shopping centers etc because they incessantly fail.

The Market is liking the macros for U.S. Tech: (U.S. Inflation numbers)

Fed-preferred PCE gauge shows lowest U.S. inflation rate since April 2021 | Marketwatch

"The increase in prices over the past year slowed to 3.8% from 4.3% and dropped to the lowest level since April 2021"​

QQQ.2023-06-30.08-30.PPErpt.png

The Market also liking TSLA: (up ~ 1.3x the QQQ atm)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2023-06-30.09-45.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
From an electrical/digital protocol point of view, there aren't any differences between CCS1 and CCS2. So a simple "pass through" adapter such as NEW! CCS-2 Fast Charger / European Supercharger Adapter for US Tesla will work.
Please look them up before posting, They are NOT electrically the same. The EU CCS-2 adapter is more complex than that, and earlier than IIRC 2018 Tesla models required a physical update to accept that adapter. A Model X I drove in Europe back then had the update scheduled but not installed when I drove it.

CCS-2 doesn't do 3 phase AC, but the Type 2 Mennekes connector, which is the non-DC portion of the connector (i.e. the top part without the 2 DC pins), does.

So as far as NACS for DCFC to/from CCS-2 DCFC, there's no reason it can't be done, since the extra pins for 3-phase operation aren't relevant to a DC charging session.

And in fact, a NACS to Type 2 adapter is probably not that hard (probably been done before for grey market imports somewhere), you just won't get 3-phase AC charging support. However, there might some actual logic involved in converting between whatever Type 2 speaks and J1772 or whatever.
CCS-2 includes the Type 2 connector. CCS-2 includes both AC and DC. That separation between Ac and DC in CCS is exactly why all CCS is so cumbersome.

Posted this in the CT thread as well, but super cool configurator where you can choose how your CT could look with diff color wraps:

Is the rumored Damascus Steel type waviness confirmed? If it has that, no way I'm wrapping, that would be like putting siding on a cobblestone house.
Otherwise, who would not choose one of those color flips?

Update as of 750CST
Q2 466 short of Q1
If countries averages continue at June levels will end up 237 units short of Q1

Norway and Denmark on last day, but reporting throughout the day
Sweden, Netherlands and Spain all have reported for the 29th. Wont get updates today.

Sweden delivered 301 on 29th
Norway 170
Netherlands 151
Spain 99
Denmark 84
So with this data in mind, how likely will it be to surpass Q1 P&D numbers? And also with numbers WS likes (~445.000)?

Reactions: saniflash
In context CCS2 works well and is reliable, albeit not so elegant and compact as is NACS. Moving from CCS1 is one of the world's easiest decisions primarily because that ridiculous clip breaks easily. CCS1 WILL change or yield to NACS everywhere, meaning North America and South Korea. Elsewhere there si much less necessity for change. Brazil, for example, has a tiny installed base but a larger one, Mercosur-wide has many busses (Santiago de Chile one of the world's largest BEV Bus fleets) all using CCS2 without problem. If Enel would decide they wanted NACS and Chinese BEV makers supported that I suppose a change might happen, but why? The present system works well.

It seems many North Americans think that CCS is always defective. Realistically it is that incredibly stupid connector attachment that is the prime culprit. IMO, it is impossible to have high availability and reliability with that infernal CCS1 clip! If anybody really cared to save CCS in North America they just switch to the CCS2, which has three phase A/C and a bette overall design than does CCS1, plus eliminating almost all the failures.

The wiki might be easier to read than CharIN data:

Note: I vastly prefer NACS, but find CCS2 satisfactory and never fails for me, either across EU or Brazil, both of which I've driven rather a large amount. I have successfully charged with CCS1 a hand full of times, but also see CCS1 installations being removed from shopping centers etc because they incessantly fail.
The problem with CCS2 is it's only three-phase which isn't available at many charging locations. Also it's only 208V rather than 240V so it charges slower. And of course it's harder to plug in. Denise has a hard time plugging in the J1772 in her Leaf--I have to plug it in for her about 10% of the time. CCS1 or 2 would be just about impossible for her (and I assume for many others as well). (And CCS1 was made so that European manufacturers couldn't sell in North America without changes. Standards exist mostly to protect the manufacturers in the country in which they are adopted.)

Is the rumored Damascus Steel type waviness confirmed? If it has that, no way I'm wrapping, that would be like putting siding on a cobblestone house.
Otherwise, who would not choose one of those color flips?
Damascus steel is forged and usually involves hundreds of layers; very different from cold-rolled steel. Some cool possibilities with laser etching of the style though… fast and precise patterns of all kinds can be made… should be cheap and durable.

Damascus steel is forged and usually involves hundreds of layers; very different from cold-rolled steel. Some cool possibilities with laser etching of the style though… fast and precise patterns of all kinds can be made… should be cheap and durable.
Now I wonder if I can buy a laser etching machine and start pimping out some Cybertrucks next year.