Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night, Randy Kirk called $290 for TLSA today. We already touched the Upper-BB (at $292.22 exactly) by 09:36 ET and that's usually the signal for shortzes to jump in. We'll see how much FOMO is afoot with Earnings coming up in just 2 moar daze... ;)

View attachment 956995

Cheers!

What's the signal for when the Shortz jump out?

GS released Nasdaq pro forma rebalance weight. Hate to be Nvidia.

Screenshot_20230717_114012_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone thinking the Cybertruck will never have a 500-mile trim, just because it is launching with a 350-mile trim... is an idiot. This is simply a 4680 ramp-related issue and makes perfect sense - assuming it is even true (as it is only a rumor). They get to sell more Cybertrucks, and also at a lower retail price, which if you want the 500-mile trim, you will appreciate in the long term. Interest rates are going to come down. You don't want to be buying a top-trim Cybertruck with super-high interest rates

Having said all that, IMO the rumor is wrong, and Tesla will be debuting with a long-range trim. Works better for reviews and comparisons, which will all stay around for a long time so it's better for them to not be saying "not as much range as the Silverado EV" etc.

Anyone thinking the Cybertruck will never have a 500-mile trim, just because it is launching with a 350-mile trim... is an idiot. This is simply a 4680 ramp-related issue and makes perfect sense - assuming it is even true (as it is only a rumor). They get to sell more Cybertrucks, and also at a lower retail price, which if you want the 500-mile trim, you will appreciate in the long term. Interest rates are going to come down. You don't want to be buying a top-trim Cybertruck with super-high interest rates

Having said all that, IMO the rumor is wrong, and Tesla will be debuting with a long-range trim. Works better for reviews and comparisons, which will all stay around for a long time so it's better for them to not be saying "not as much range as the Silverado EV" etc.
When is the long range Silverado EV even coming out? Is it the launch model?

Reactions: ShareLofty
I know the range thing has been talked about ad-nauseum (and a mod has issued a caution).

I'll just point out that there's a good sized segment of folks that own travel trailers, and they typically travel much farther than 40 miles... heck loading/prepping/hooking it up almost isn't worth it for a 40 mile trip. When I owned mine, my typical trip was probably 75-150 miles one-way. Ditto for the guys I travelled with.

I see them towed far more often than mobile homes, which tend to be towed initially than parked for most of their life. Probably more than boats, bit less than construction stuff.

I do agree that there's a large population for which 350 miles is useful. But there's also a good-sized segment for which 500 miles (likely 275ish towing) is needed...

I see an opportunity for the first to manufacture a bolt-on trailer axle replacement with motor(s) and a battery pack. It could tie into a brake controller for synchronized regen braking on heavier trailers.

Agree. When is the last time Tesla launched a product with the lowest trim level first? Hint: Never. They always release the highest end trim first since it helps keep margins up while depreciating a *sugar* ton of expenditures for new equipment lines.

Retail Trading Activity Tracker
Top 5 by Percent of Retail Equity Flow
Data as of Jul 14, 2023
SymbolActivitySentiment
TSLA+12.26%BUY +2
Tesla, Inc. Common Stock
NVDA+8.65%BUY +2
NVIDIA Corporation Common Stock
AMD+5.05%BUY +3
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Common Stock
QQQ+2.72%BUY +10
Invesco QQQ Trust, Series 1