Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it (Cybertruck) will average out as similar to the Model 3 ramp perhaps slightly better, there is a slight chance that it might be smooth sailing from day 1, because Tesla already has the ducks lined up. But for any innovative new product, problems are not unexpected.
I agree with @MC3OZ regarding above post.

So what happened with Model 3 ramp delivery numbers? We can extract information from the following InsideEVs table. We know Model Y deliveries commenced March 13th, 2020, so will stop there as this table combines M3 and MY numbers.

Model 3:
- 1st quarter of Deliveries: 222
- 2nd quarter of Deliveries: 1,542
- 3rd quarter of Deliveries: 8,182
- 4th quarter of Deliveries: 18,449
First Full year of Deliveries: 28,395
Second Full year of Deliveries: 247,986

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 8.10.20 AM.png

Should Cybertruck be on Delivery par with Model 3, we will similarly have 222 by end of 2023, 1,542 in Q1/24 and 8,182 in Q2/24. The significant ramp up of volume, and in turn profits in the balance sheet, will occur in the 2nd half of 2024 and it really gets going in 2025. I would be pleased with these results should they happen and believe them to be fair expectations. Remember this is an S curve, especially for new technology. Time will tell.

Last edited:
In my opinion, this pretty much confirms a double layer pack, as Tesla themselves said years ago and people doubted, and also that it will have 500(maybe +) miles of range

We saw pictures from the bottom on the trailers, the pack goes down all the way, and also the floor is really high, way more than any other Tesla vehicle

In a double layer configuration, the current 4680 is enough for 500 miles, the V2 aka Cybercell makes it even easier to hit, or maybe surpass it

If only part of the pack was double layer, like the F150, it would make sense to change how the floor is designed to be able to make the overall Cybertruck height smaller, similar how the Rimac Nevera does, where the passenger foot goes there is no cells so you don't have to raise the whole car to fit people inside

edit: @Nocturnal beat me :D

In my opinion, this pretty much confirms a double layer pack, as Tesla themselves said years ago and people doubted, and also that it will have 500(maybe +) miles of range

We saw pictures from the bottom on the trailers, the pack goes down all the way, and also the floor is really high, way more than any other Tesla vehicle

In a double layer configuration, the current 4680 is enough for 500 miles, the V2 aka Cybercell makes it even easier to hit, or maybe surpass it

If only part of the pack was double layer, like the F150, it would make sense to change how the floor is designed to be able to make the overall Cybertruck height smaller, similar how the Rimac Nevera does, where the passenger foot goes there is no cells so you don't have to raise the whole car to fit people inside

How does this confirm the possibility of a double layer pack?

The floor in that CT assembly pic doesn't look "really high, way more than any other Tesla vehicle" to me.... it looks rather standard. As a matter of fact, the seats are up on decent height rails, unlike what appeared to be raised floor section with the seats directly on it in the Roadster 2.0 prototypes, which was thought to be a double-height pack (at least in some sections).

The floor in that CT assembly pic doesn't look "really high, way more than any other Tesla vehicle" to me.... it looks rather standard. As a matter of fact, the seats are up on decent height rails, unlike what appeared to be raised floor section with the seats directly on it in the Roadster 2.0 prototypes, which was thought to be a double-height pack (at least in some sections).
That was my thought as well.

Argh. This doesn't sound like it will be anytime soon. 😕 If they are still polishing it then ok. Sure would be nice to get some sort of info though.

What's fun to think about, notwithstanding our painful wait for Tesla to get to production, is how much of the first Cybertruck will be wrong. Let me explain.

My 2018 Model 3 (VIN 5YJ3E1EB8JF107xxx) is the best car I've ever owned. It was supposed to be Tesla's new generation of mass-market car, optimized for simplicity and cost-efficiency, and incorporating all the lessons Tesla had learned producing the Model S and Model X. And yet, 5 years later, how much of that car has been changed? Like, the 70-odd mishmash of welded parts replaced by a single casting in the Model Y?? When I counted 2 years ago, even I'd received 300-odd OTA updates and new features.

So whatever amazing things Tesla finally decides to incorporate into production release 1.0, you know that, within days, they'll already be improving the Cybertruck. That's a good thing.

Developing this platform is extremely hard - granted. But if anyone can do it, Elon's team can. The relentless - albeit not unique, but exceptionally risk-tolerant - drive for continuous improvement in the mission to make the world sustainable is what makes Tesla the most exciting, compelling, and worth-investing-in company in the world.

HODL.

Sigh…

I don’t understand all this guessing and doubts about Tesla details unknown to us, in many cases we will very soon know.

I do personally e.g. fully believe in ~500 mile Cybertruck range. Why? Because they said so. And still do (and please don’t argue «but it says up to»)…:
D8A09D27-B519-4B1B-997E-B400851BF17F.jpeg

Spending as much time as we do on (writing but in particular reading due to our numbers) such speculations and quarrels feels a bit wasted, at least in context of this particular thread, IMO…

How so? If the economy keeps humming along, sounds like there would be little need to cut rates...
If you think Q3 GDP will be anywhere close to 5%, let alone 5.9%, then you are living in la la land.

This is simply the Fed putting out BS forecasts as a way to "justify" their rate policy and specifically what Powell is going to say tomorrow.

Sigh…

I don’t understand all this guessing and doubts about Tesla details unknown to us, in many cases we will very soon know.

I do personally e.g. fully believe in ~500 mile Cybertruck range. Why? Because they said so. And still do (and please don’t argue «but it says up to»)…:
View attachment 967905
Spending as much time as we do on (writing but in particular reading due to our numbers) such speculations and quarrels feels a bit wasted, at least in context of this particular thread, IMO…
Does "because they said so" work with Tesla?

There's a long list of things that were never delivered (Plaid +) or haven't been delivered, yet (FSD, Roadster, etc)...but outside of that, in the context of the company.

There's not enough 4680s right now to provide that in high volumes. If they want to sell a higher volume of CTs, they would likely table the high range version, which is what all of the rumors are saying.

More CTs sold is better for the stock, no?

Edit: And by mentioning the Plaid +, I don't think Elon will come out and say "We don't think anyone needs over 500 miles of range" with the CT. Just that it may release at a later date.

Last edited: