Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to remember a Detroit show years ago that Tesla wasn't allowed/invited to, so they had cars out in the parking lot to display, and even that got them in some trouble, IIRC.
Considering Tesla's charging determines the life and death of Detroit's EV line up, I think it's time for them to bend those knees.

Yeah, corruption or endangered lizards. Couldn’t possibly be just a business decision.
The issue is the design of a 20 storey scratching-post pagoda and observation deck, for the local Mexican cats.

We need suitable facilities for the supervisors before the project can start. (I didn't read this anywhere, it is secret.)

The other issue seems to be routine environmental paperwork which will take 60 days. (I did read that somewhere.),

The other issue seems to be routine environmental paperwork which will take 60 days. (I did read that somewhere.),

There are quite a few countries/companies in the world for which the slowing down of Tesla is financially enormously advantageous.
These countries/companies have very deep pockets for slowing down processes.
All speculative of course, but… nothing new here.

It is unlikely that these tactics aren’t being used when there is so much at stake for them.
The ‘black side’ of doing business.
According to Prof. Aviel Verbruggen of the University of Antwerp, Belgium the average one year profit of oil producing from 1970-2020 was USD 1 trillion.
But in 2022 it was likely twice as high. Real, pure profit.
Verbruggen: "You can buy every politician, every system with this kind of money".

Last edited:
I remember it quite differently, but it was almost a decade ago so my memory may be faulty.
You live on a mountain with low oxygen.
I live in Michigan with low focus diversity.

Tesla skips Detroit auto show for second year in a row amid court battle with state

I seem to remember a Detroit show years ago that Tesla wasn't allowed/invited to, so they had cars out in the parking lot to display, and even that got them in some trouble, IIRC.
Kansas City?
Tesla gets banned from KC Auto Show, owners volunteer to take over

In many cases an L2 charger would be beneficial.
Pre Tesla, my 2013 Ford C-Max Energi PHEV had limited full EV range. The saving grace was L2 charging. I could L2 charge in just over 2 hrs Vs 5 hrs.

This was great. I would be able to fully or partially charge it 2 or 3 times a day depending on usage. It had better over night charging options than my 2018 M3 until recent Tesla SW updates. L2 also eased the transition to Tesla.

Getting L2 installed remains a hassle for new owners. My last referral had a Tesla charger in a box for weeks before his delivery but could not get it installed. Having more super chargers helps.

Sure. Why not? Maybe spending the money right now doesn’t make sense.

I'm curious, what sensible reason could Tesla have for delaying Giga Mexico? The $25K Tesla is paramount to achieving Tesla's goal of accelerating the word's adoption of EV's. What reasons could Tesla have for purposefully delaying the production of the Gen 4 Compact platform? 🤔

I'm curious, what sensible reason could Tesla have for delaying Giga Mexico? The $25K Tesla is paramount to achieving Tesla's goal of accelerating the word's adoption of EV's. What reasons could Tesla have for purposefully delaying the production of the Gen 4 Compact platform? 🤔
My huge super bull brain tells me that gen 3 (not gen 4 btw) won't have steering wheels. Therefore, Elon waiting FSD rollout to commit. Most here disagree but I will have the last laugh when I'm wrong (because each comes with a free Optimus driver).

Big piece in Time by Walter Isaacson previewing the coming biography. There is an interview video contained within the article.

This is a very nice article. I've been reading Time cover-to-cover for the last 45 years, but hardly anyone reads a magazine any more.

If an article like this came out 25 years ago then everyone would be talking about Elon's big ideas. But nowadays, someone like Elon is just another political football in American consciousness.

I don't know the answer, but the talk of a delay does comport with the lack of progress at the site. I seem to remember that in the past, Tesla would put up a non-permanent structure as soon as they acquired the land. They would get to work right away. I do wonder why that is not happening in Mexico.

Here's to hoping that Tesla clarifies the situation soon.

The Bank of Canada held interest rates steady and kept the door open to further hikes, with economists seeing its historic tightening cycle at its likely endpoint. Policymakers led by Governor Tiff Macklem maintained the benchmark overnight lending rate at 5% on Wednesday, the highest level in 22 years.

Let's see if our neighbour to the South follows this hold pattern when the FOMC meets on September 20th. This will have a large effect on stocks, positive if rate increases on hold, negative if rate increases continue.

Great move! Who will be using Hiltons exclusively going forwards?
1694091778249.png

Last edited:
Here's SMR's coverage of the Walter Isaacson book and related Time Magazine article. It brings to light how the AI aspect is central to much of the decision-making for the Musk companies, in particular, Tesla.

Understanding this from an investment point of view may be useful in anticipating the course of Tesla's future and grasping what drives the choices which otherwise may seem rather inexplicable.

HODL,... and 42

What is possibly a business decision? Delaying GigaMexico?
Another possibility is that there is no delay. Rather, Tesla is telling that particular supplier to wait. Perhaps evaluating that supplier itself for another, bringing it in house, or eliminating it. Not saying it’s likely, but it’s not unlikely until there are other confirmations.