Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it has to be from ford/gm/stallantis. So either a bolt or a machE
And if she wants to support the UAW, only the Bolt since the mache is made in Mexico.

Honestly I’m suprised she didn’t get rid of it long ago. Just shows that a great EV at a great price is easy to overcome one’s supposed “morals”. Only when heavily pressured will she end up with an inferior product. And I’m fine with her cutting off her nose to spite her face.

CBS SUNDAY MORNING this morning did a segment on Consumer Reports. It ended with a mention that they were doing a study of EV range performance. Not out yet (I don’t think this was a rerun) but the final comment mentioned Tesla. Those in western time zones can probably still tune this in. YMMV
It was new. Elon and Tesla were mentioned when the early Model 3's had braking issues and Elon thanked them for bringing to his attention. However they didn't spend much time on how an OTA update corrected the problem in short order!

Did think it was kind of ominous when Stahl stated at the end the range comparison was coming and "Watch out Tesla" (or something to that effect)... guess we'll know in a short while.

• Informative
Reactions: superblast
It was new. Elon and Tesla were mentioned when the early Model 3's had braking issues and Elon thanked them for bringing to his attention. However they didn't spend much time on how an OTA update corrected the problem in short order!

Did think it was kind of ominous when Stahl stated at the end the range comparison was coming and "Watch out Tesla" (or something to that effect)... guess we'll know in a short while.
Yeah, they'll compare a $160K Lucid with a $40K Model Y and say "See???".

Yep I agree it looks sped up. I tried watching the video at 0.75, 0.5, and 0.25 speed, and watched the movement of the blocks. The 0.5 speed looked normal to me, especially at the 0:24 mark where the block tumbles most life-like. Interestingly, they slowed the frame rate way down, to maybe 15 FPS, I think to hide the alteration in speed. For instance, we can't do a frame count on the dropped blocks to calculate the actual video speed - each block drops within one frame at such a low frame rate. While I understand the reason for wanting to make it look more "lifelike", it seems a bit sketchy to me.
Your guess is somewhat off. 0.66X speed would be normal. The video clearly labels as 1.5X at the beginning in the top right hand corner.

It adds super complexities which Elon hates. There’s a reason Tesla offers only a few colors for their cars. Pretend wraps are like paint colors. You can have any wrap you want for CyberTruck as long as it’s SS.

Tesla will NEVER offer wraps. EVER.

Because but only because things are done differently in China, this post may remain. NOT discussion about it, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

My favorite CR thing was their original reviews comparing AP to other L2 systems complained about Teslas lack of driver monitoring with cameras like Ford and GM did.

Then Tesla pushed an OTA update to do exactly that... and CR complained they had privacy concerns about it.

So either a 116 kWh pack or a 124 kWh pack and he won't say which. (he says in other replies to round it)

But he says we'll see good news soon.

And for what I understood from the replies the rest of the predictions are right, which honestly still seems unlikely,

Ignoring all the gross vs usable energy, a Model X does 348 mi on 100 kWh, or 287 Wh/mi

400 miles on 124 kWh is 310 Wh/mi, does not seems possible such small increase in consumption for all the worse efficiency wise aspects Cybertruck has: higher frontal area, higher drag coefficient, bigger tires, heavier

Tesla does magic a lot of time, but c'mon, the X was just refreshed, so hard to see such a leap in this small time frame specially with all the points listed above

And for what I understood from the replies the rest of the predictions are right, which honestly still seems unlikely,

Ignoring all the gross vs usable energy, a Model X does 348 mi on 100 kWh, or 287 Wh/mi

400 miles on 124 kWh is 310 Wh/mi, does not seems possible such small increase in consumption for all the worse efficiency wise aspects Cybertruck has: higher frontal area, higher drag coefficient, bigger tires, heavier

Tesla does magic a lot of time, but c'mon, the X was just refreshed, so hard to see such a leap in this small time frame specially with all the points listed above

The original cybertruck specs show 300 miles for the dual motor. That's the mark to beat, not 400.

So expect something starting with a 3 as in between 300 and 400.

The original cybertruck specs show 300 miles for the dual motor. That's the mark to beat, not 400.

So expect something starting with a 3 as in between 300 and 400.
300 miles at the $59.9 price is compelling, but I think people are willing to pay up for more mileage (e.g., Rivian)... fingers crossed the mileage is at the higher end.

Elon would not tweet about a Performance trim if there wouldn't be one available soon. Only explanation is that there will be at least two trims available either at launch or by EOY. I would assume a CTLR and CTP will be selectable by early reservationholders.

At the 2019 reveal, it was announced deliveries would start in 2021, so those announced prices were 2021 prices. Adjusting for inflation we get prices up to $79K. I would go with $59K and $79K for the two launch prices.