Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is nuts. Whats the explanation for such a dip in Texas model Y? unaffected by highland, and they can pivot to make whatever version uses the batteries they have in supply. Same with Berlin model Y.
Looking forward to seeing the semi added to that table. Does anyone have a good estimate for when that proper semi production line will be complete?
Texas production is essentially shut down for the month of September for line upgrades.

• Informative
Reactions: betstarship
Thanks for your take, which I hate - respectfully.

If Tesla delivers, let's say, 387,000 vs 400,000 'expected' this this calls for "huge impact on stock price"?

This is WS talk. We all know there is much more to Tesla than 'WS - miss' of 13K deliveries. Especially now.
At an ASP of $40k thats HALF A BILLION DOLLARS of revenue difference.

That is a massive swing.

Yes, it does matter!

Do not know the size of his new paycheck. No doubt worth it.

Saudi King: "Peter, why your Venmo request has an extra $500k this month?"

Peter: "Oh it's for my new boy Cory, he said he can fix all our issues, since my British accent isn't cutting"

Good luck for Cory, certainly a monumental challenge for him, but I understand, no fun when things are easy

Rumor has it, Model Y production line is starting up soon.

GigaTexas drone fly over guy said

"All employees back at work today, training, final prep, test production of Model Y bodies & at least 2 Master Candidate Cybertrucks produced & imaged today outside! This wee will be to get everything back into operational status to resume full production by next week!"

"I have fed an infinite number of variables into Dojo, and the answer is........Giga TX Model Y line will resume tomorrow and ramp up pretty quickly to exceed previous production capacity and at lower cost."

I'm gonna guess Lucid recognized they need to get their manufacturing production processes/costs in-line, and he probably has more insight in to how Tesla is doing that than anybody who hasn't signed an NDA with Tesla. They probably made it very worth his while.
He is a nice dude, but to go from Munro's lickspittle to a director of Lucid? This tells me a full story about Lucid now.

He left Munro...for LUCID??!?!? 😮
Hope they are paying him lots of cash (not stock).

Lucid obviously needs to get costs under control, but Cory has a huge job ahead of him. Their costs are well above selling price, but they also need to bring those costs down even more so that they can reduce the price of the car since Lucid sales are also down.

Also, I've heard rumors of bad design such that fairly pedestrian faults basically require a new battery pack - horrible for warranty costs.

Good luck, Cory, you've taken on probably a harder task than Elon had with the Model 3 ramp.

Last edited:
Texas production is essentially shut down for the month of September for line upgrades.
Will be an interesting P&D report a week from now. Recall heading into this quarter that Tesla had about 100k cars in inventory (based on a review of Rob Mauer's podcasts). That should buffer against the production decline from Austin & elsewhere, and if we deliver more cars than were produced could be a nice profit boost.

I know there's been a lot of wrap conversation, but that polished SS finish is absolutely stunning to me, personally. I hope they don't show fingerprints like many genuine SS appliances do. Ironically, I think the SS fingerprint "resistant" solution for most appliances was either a clear coating or to not use real SS. It will be interesting to learn what Tesla has done here...

EDIT: Most owners would likely acknowledge that closing your frunk without leaving smudges is difficult enough with conventional paint. When will Tesla start to make these frunks automatic? I'd pay for that retrofit (only through Tesla) in a heartbeat!

Last edited:
Thanks for your take, which I hate - respectfully.

If Tesla delivers, let's say, 387,000 vs 400,000 'expected' this this calls for "huge impact on stock price"?

This is WS talk. We all know there is much more to Tesla than 'WS - miss' of 13K deliveries. Especially now.
Ha Ha, most definitely. I remember back when Tesla missed delivering 500,000 EVs in 2020, a goal Elon had set five years earlier. Well, Tesla missed it by 450 cars or 0.09% and the negative press was relentless. Here is just one example article pulled from the archives.

Wall Street perpetrators can only think short term, per quarter, annually at the longest, because short term results are what their bonuses are based on. Who cares what they think. Either one is trading TSLA based on short term quarterly fluctuations or investing for the long term. Everyone needs to do their research and if they believe that Tesla will significantly increase production and delivery of EVs in the future, invest with impudence. Tesla has made this very easy, as their roadmap has already been laid out before us in astonishing detail (Cybertruck, Semi, Generation 3, Van, Roadster 2.). So I agree with @GOVA that Q3 2023 numbers simply do not matter in the long term, understanding that any shortfalls due to downtime to make the gigafactories more efficient is paramount.

For all TSLA traders, Yahoo Finance today advised the FactSet Consensus for Tesla Deliveries Q3 2023 is 461,000. Expect daily changes until actual numbers are released from Tesla.

For the rest of us, simply enjoy the ride. If you are not enjoying the ride, then you are not doing this right.

Last edited:
I know there's been a lot of wrap conversation, but that polished SS finish is absolutely stunning to me, personally. I hope they don't show fingerprints like many genuine SS appliances do. Ironically, I think the SS fingerprint "resistant" solution for most appliances was either a clear coating or to not use real SS. It will be interesting to learn what Tesla has done here...

EDIT: Most owners would likely acknowledge that closing your frunk without leaving smudges is difficult enough with conventional paint. When will Tesla start to make these frunks automatic? I'd pay for that retrofit (only through Tesla) in a heartbeat!
Cybertruck is a beast. I rarely clean the outside of my Model 3 (driving through rainstorms is more than sufficient), and plan to never clean my future Cybertruck exterior. For those who do not share my opinion, Martha has a few recommendations for cleaning SS.
How to Clean Stainless Steel

Not directly Tesla-related. Cruise still finding it tough going. The last time I saw a Cruise car in Austin it was driving with its wheels on the dotted line between lanes!

Many of the test CTs on the road have shown obvious prints. You can clean it, wrap it, or ignore it.