Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its quite impressive how well wall st can talk the media into pushing a stock down 6% on the basis that...
drumroll
The CEO is very important to the company.
Amazing. Its like they only just realised who the CEO is. Absolute muppets. Still, it just reinforces my conviction not to listen to wall st analysts. The information here is 100x better and more accurate anyway.

Anyone who sells before the cybertruck hits the streets is nuts.

Cybertruck release in 21 days. Semi ramp soon. 4680 finally doing well. Highland well received. Shanghai re-ramping at impressive speed. Legacy auto in absolute disarray. US EV challengers bleeding money. Cruise an absolute disaster. Good Times.

JMHO, but after looking at this view, the Y woefully needs an update, the sooner the better!View attachment 989278
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. IMO, not disputing Model Y Juniper is coming, I prefer the highlights of the current Model Y (and US Model 3). The image for Model Y you chose is distorted (compressed horizontally) and lighting emphasizes only the front bumper. not really a fair comparison. below is a better comparison photo.

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 3.49.20 PM.png

Edit: Revised image taken from Tesla.com

Last edited:
Interesting. IIRC last time we discussed supply of 4680s they still limited CT and Semi, now we don´t seem to have enough production including Texas Y to absorb them all 🤔.. What did I miss in the meantime? Did we do the math wrong back then or did they suddenly progress that quickly?

For a long while yes, but now it's ramping up fast, really fast, and if we be quite conservative on the ramp, they will still have 10's or 100's of GWh of 4680s on their hands

I view this as they solved the most pressing and limiting problems on line 1, and now it's a copy paste to the other lines that should go quickly

I'm not sure if this video has been posted, well worth watching if you haven't seen it.

Most amazing is that a Model 3 Highland with a 57 kWh battery achieves around the same WLTP range as a VW ID3 with a 77 kWh battery.

Elon is hoping to get the 100W energy consumption of the FSD computer down to 50W.

Efficiency has feedback loops..

Some were mundane (e.g. Honda Accord 1977)
Mundane? I remember how disappointed I was when I got a shiny new 1978 Accord (my first car) and discovered they no longer had the manual choke that the '77 had. That was mundane.:) (Obviously we have different criteria for what's ethereal)

It was the only thing about the car that disappointed me though. Lovely thing. Great engineering. Several Accords later (I'm a practical engineer kind of guy, not a car enthusiast) I got rid of my 1994 Accord in favor of a 2014 Model S (yes, it was still running fine at 20yo). I remember explaining to a Honda salesman in the early 2000's that I wouldn't be buying another Honda until they had an EV to sell me. Nope, never happened. And now they're totally outclassed. Honda catching up to Tesla will take a miracle.
but all were, at the time, demanding and getting advance payments
Yeah, in 1978 I went to the Honda dealer in Pasadena, CA. There was one sales guy napping at his desk. "Yeah, I think there might be a couple still on the lot. Go out and see if you can find one. No, you can't drive it until you buy it. No, there's no discount for cash, or anything else. No, I don't care if you buy it; if you don't somebody else will come in and buy it tomorrow." Seemed to me he had the easiest job in the world. Not much fun, but easy.

The official Tesla Asia account on X retweeted this ~5-minute report of Giga Shanghai. This report may be a little old; some of the information seems a little outdated, but I think it's still a good interview describing the effect of Tesla building it's factory in China on the EV market in China as a whole. The report is in English and also has subtitles, so it's an easy 5-minute listen.

Lex-Elon v.4 - Elon is completely on another level than before. For the 1st time ever Elon does not look distracted. Super focused and great thinker.
His knowledge of history shows this time too. Great take on very many subjects.

IMO, this is Elon in his best shape overall. Bullish now and in a long run.
I'll check it out.

It's 50/50 what Elon goes on these podcasts. He sounded like an idiot on JRE a few weeks ago talking about fighting. Sometimes he dives head first without any knowledge, yet tries to claim he knows what he's talking about.

Did he give any sort of timeline for FSD v12?

Lex-Elon v.4 - Elon is completely on another level than before. For the 1st time ever Elon does not look distracted. Super focused and great thinker.
His knowledge of history shows this time too. Great take on very many subjects.

IMO, this is Elon in his best shape overall. Bullish now and in a long run.
Agree, an outstanding interview and Elon made so much sense on all levels. I was particularly interested to hear about how FSD v12 can read signs and identify cars but was not taught how to read signs or identify cars. He said this without making any attempt to "pump" the capabilities of v12.