Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 S/W Holiday Update- I speculated here that CT event could include V12. It makes complete sense when you think about it. Simple narrative. All CTs come with V12 built in, V12 to be rolled out within so many days across the entire fleet just like at an AAPL event.

There is no better way to not Osbourne SEXY - buy a vehicle now and get V12 whilst you wait 1+ years for your CT.

Non investor V12 thread:
FSD V12 (end to end AI)

Investor thread:
FSD discussion

Just a weekend thought....
Elon has long been a heavy proponent for government regulation for AI, right? How can he look at the SEC and possibly think it would be different for AI?
Elon has been very vocal about the lack of transparency with the SEC.

Elons views on regulation and open source mindset are a very different thing than clandestine SEC stuff

I guess she made it out of the Shanghai midfield to make another dumb article.

IMG_5308.jpeg

Elon has long been a heavy proponent for government regulation for AI, right? How can he look at the SEC and possibly think it would be different for AI?

Elon thinks the SEC in particular has been regulatory captured, which I would agree. It's been captured the usual way. SEC lawyers aren't paid well. If they help the hedge fund industry, they'll get hired by the funds.

But for AI, surely the salaries in industry aren't that high, right? /s /s /s /s

The potential risk in the two cases are vastly different.

Without SEC, some investors may lose a bunch of money to frauds, big deal for individuals, but no biggie for human race as a whole, especially given he thinks SEC is incompetent and probably doesn't prevent much fraud anyways.

Without AI regulation, the human race may go extinct, the overall stake is so much higher.

I had bought some aftermarket wheels from Unplugged Performance for my plaid, so I check their website frequently for interesting items. They have a Cybertruck page where they plan to offer accessories in the following areas:

off-road/overlanding upgrades
wheels and tires
Bumpers and fender flares
Suspension and lift kits
Exterior and lighting
Rock sliders and running boards
Armor and protection
brakes
Racks and storages
winches and recovery
Color change vinyl wraps
interior

nothing populated yet of course:

(their interior shot of the Cybertruck isn’t even the Cybertruck).

About FSD V12:

Two weeks, he says, with a smirk on his face
The fans go wild, they can’t wait for the chase
They dream of a car that can drive on its own

No need for a driver, just a smartphone

But every time, they are met with dismay
The FSD is not as good as they say
It still needs attention, it still makes mistakes
It’s not superhuman, it still needs some breaks

They are like Pavlov’s dogs, salivating at the bell
They think they will get food, but they get nothing else
They are conditioned to react, to the promise of a treat
But they are always disappointed, by the reality they meet

Downvote me all you want, but I keep my expectations low. New redesign, new bugs, new behaviour, .... :eek::oops:

I'm more interested in how fast the rate of improvement will be when new training data of the fleet will be flooding in.
How good the performance increase will be from FSD v12.1 vs FSD v12 by merely training on more and more clips.

FSD v11.xx has hit a plateau in performance. Let's hope that v12 dramatically lifts this ceiling.

It's genuine, but not as one would imagine.

The question from Omar was "Any guess on when customers might first be able to try out FSD 12?"

And Elon replies: "About 2 weeks"

In other words: at the CT delivery event there will be FSD V12 models (probably HW3 SEXY models) available for test drives (with Tesla drivers).

It's not coming to customer cars yet.

Just FYI guys and gals: compare Baron's fund with TSLA and it's a bit of a surprise at how poorly it performed relative to TSLA (see the 5-year and Max charts):

That said, Baron's fund is the only access to Space X shares I presume?
You can piggyback via an indirect investment. Google / Alphabet holds if I remember correctly 10 % of SpaceX. So that's why I also hold a smallish amount of Google shares. I never understood completely the strategy of Barons Fund, he groks Tesla, but at the same time invests in things like Vail resorts ?

I think he's being honest. He wouldn't make a tired old joke about a major product release, especially without adding some sort of laughing emoji. He would however enjoy the idea that many would think it's a joke.

Yeah, Elon is also just reinterating what Tesla Autopilot team leader Ashok Elluswamy said: that FSD beta v12 could be ready to go to wider testing by December. Elon is also reminding the Autopilot team that the clock is running. ;)

About FSD V12:

Two weeks, he says, with a smirk on his face
The fans go wild, they can’t wait for the chase
They dream of a car that can drive on its own

No need for a driver, just a smartphone

But every time, they are met with dismay
The FSD is not as good as they say
It still needs attention, it still makes mistakes
It’s not superhuman, it still needs some breaks

They are like Pavlov’s dogs, salivating at the bell
They think they will get food, but they get nothing else
They are conditioned to react, to the promise of a treat
But they are always disappointed, by the reality they meet

Downvote me all you want, but I keep my expectations low. New redesign, new bugs, new behaviour, .... :eek::oops:

I'm more interested in how fast the rate of improvement will be when new training data of the fleet will be flooding in.
How good the performance increase will be from FSD v12.1 vs FSD v12 by merely training on more and more clips.

FSD v11.xx has hit a plateau in performance. Let's hope that v12 dramatically lifts this ceiling.

O M G :eek:

You just had to go and cobble together some poetry, did you? :rolleyes:

Edit: Which raises the question, What would happen if Cramer did poetry?

Last edited:
It's genuine, but not as one would imagine.

The question from Omar was "Any guess on when customers might first be able to try out FSD 12?"

And Elon replies: "About 2 weeks"

In other words: at the CT delivery event there will be FSD V12 models (probably HW3 SEXY models) available for test drives (with Tesla drivers).

It's not coming to customer cars yet.
I don't think this is right because:

1) It's an event for Cybertruck, not FSD. It's the wrong place for anything more than an FSD announcement, especially given how time consuming it would be to do a bunch of drives a long enough distance to really experience FSD.

2) The question was about when customers would get to experience FSD 12. I'm sure Elon realized that what he meant by this was when it's going out for first release to select users, not just some people trying it at a delivery event.