Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very nice! Must be insanely hard to hold those tolerances. Hopeful they are consistently this nice.

View attachment 993074

The one we saw in the Santana Row showroom looked perfect in all the little details (except maybe the weather molding at the edges of the tonneau cover) to me. Amazing design and manufacturing job. It made the "legacy" models next to it look like small cartoonish toys.

Got an email from Tesla Policy Team to contact Canadian province British Columbia's Minister of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation, to congratulate on the passage of Zer Emission Vehicles Amendment Act
British Columbia, Canada - Bill 39

This act was originally passed on May 30 2019, and it required automakers, and their dealers to sell or lease an escalating % of new zero emission vehicles (ZEV) vs new ICE in the province. and to reach certain ilestones:
10% ZEVs by 2025
30% by 2030
100% by 2040

This new amendment updated it to:
26% ZEVs by 2026
90% by 2030
100% by 2035

Looks like the Santana Row Cybertruck isn't the only one with excellent build quality!

Article with more coverage, details, videos and photos about the "immaculate build quality" of the Cybertrucks that are on display in various showrooms.

Good holiday/weekend question...how much of your TSLA portfolio would you be willing to sell to enter into either a Starlink IPO or SpaceX position? If you want to participate, please answer in the thread linked below so as to not clutter this thread....

There's a whole other thread for this

Where can I sign up for alerts that provide real-time local circuit court rulings involving Tesla?

(serious question, I'm not aware of something that compiles info that local in anything approaching same day but would be pretty interested to find it)

Toyota has been promising MAGIC SUPER BATTERIES since at least 2009 and delivering...nothing.

Every 2-3 years they trot out the story again, with the target date pushed back a couple years, and still nothing.

Not sure why people keep believing them.

Some examples-
That's from 2009 suggesting a 10-fold increase in range. Nothing ever came of it.

That's from 2014, "Toyota is also pursuing the development of all-solid-state batteries, and has already developed prototype cells"- the story claims commercialization by 2020. Nothing ever came of it.

That's from 2017. " The car maker said that it’s near a breakthrough in production engineering that could help it put the new tech in production electric vehicles as early as 2020"
There's that "close to" idea again. Nothing ever came of it.

That's from 2019- they were still hoping for 2020.... nothing ever came of it.

That's FROM 2020. They've now moved the goalposts to 2025 for "limited production" and saying "Toyota is currently working on a technological breakthrough" sound familiar?

That's from...a month ago... citing 2027-2028.

Now you're saying they're pushing the date to 2030?
Re alerts on legal actions. Westlaw and many case monitoring companies do just that, I am sure reuters is subscribed at some level. Lots of competition too and in some courts certain agencies have faster access.

Reactions: betstarship
Re alerts on legal actions. Westlaw and many case monitoring companies do just that, I am sure reuters is subscribed at some level. Lots of competition too and in some courts certain agencies have faster access.

Most courts will publish slip opinions to their web sites on the date of issuance, or shortly thereafter. The timeliness of posting depends on the court. Lexis and Westlaw add opinions as quickly as possible, but not always on the date of release.

So as I say, no real-time service for this stuff exists.

Westlaw is great, but it still might be hours or days before a ruling in a state circuit court shows up there. Which is about the time we saw here.
(and they don't even cover all circuit courts in all states- though they do cover the one in question)

If you've ever wanted to build your own roadster from scratch or repair an existing one you can do so now.

If you want to build a new company that just does that you can (not that it'd be easy even with the documentation)

All design & engineering of the original @Tesla Roadster is now fully open source.Whatever we have, you now have.

https://service.tesla.com/roadster

1700712299595.png

So as I say, no real-time service for this stuff exists.

Westlaw is great, but it still might be hours or days before a ruling in a state circuit court shows up there. Which is about the time we saw here.
(and they don't even cover all circuit courts in all states- though they do cover the one in question)
I suspect that what we see here is actually a result of westlaw, etc. As noted, you have to subscribe to several services to get comprehensive coverage. There is some delay too because instantaneous is not really critical for the users of those services.

Reactions: Knightshade
I guess I'm in the minority of people more interested in the pictures of Optimus than of the CT. (Never was a truck fan, very inefficient vehicles IMO)

That said, great pics all around!
Very inefficient vehicles for people who live 19m above sea level. For those of us a bit closer to the sun, they’re helpful to get back up once we’ve skied down to town for supplies. 😉

ok, for those watching the Thanksgiving Day parade...they just said Ram was the official truck of the parade...you know what that means - the one time Tesla should do advertising would be next year with Cybertrucks! :)
That would require all pickups and semis and tractors in the parade pulling floats to be electric - 🤔

ok, for those watching the Thanksgiving Day parade...they just said Ram was the official truck of the parade...you know what that means - the one time Tesla should do advertising would be next year with Cybertrucks! :)

Somehow, I'm left imagining a Cybertruck-based float... similar to the one in Animal House. 😎

[jk]

Last edited: