Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have a problem with the pricing as we all know Tesla can and will lower them in the future. And as an investor we need the margins.

What I do have a problem with is a 340mi max range. For comparison, you can get a Rivian dual-motor with 410mi range for $94k or 352 range for $84k. $80k for a 340mi range Cybertruck is just not super compelling, especially for a company that should be such a dominant tech leader in the EV world.

We don't necessarily need the 500 miles we were promised, but we do need something that shows Tesla is still the leader in the field. We did not see that today.
What we saw was the fastest, safest, most advanced truck with an unsurpassed charging network to back it up.

Maybe you saw somthing different?

Range anxiety has moved to a dark, back corner of my brain.

So, the Pre-frontal Catex? ;)

catsndawgs.png

Cheers to the fe-lions!

I don't have a problem with the pricing as we all know Tesla can and will lower them in the future. And as an investor we need the margins.

What I do have a problem with is a 340mi max range. For comparison, you can get a Rivian dual-motor with 410mi range for $94k or 352 range for $84k. $80k for a 340mi range Cybertruck is just not super compelling, especially for a company that should be such a dominant tech leader in the EV world.

We don't necessarily need the 500 miles we were promised, but we do need something that shows Tesla is still the leader in the field. We did not see that today.
352 for $84k seems comparable to 340 for $80k. We need to learn more about the range extender. If it costs $15k to bring it to 440, that is comparable too.

What we saw was the fastest, safest, most advanced truck with an unsurpassed charging network to back it up.

Maybe you saw somthing different?

Most advanced? Did they bring back sensors so it will auto park itself in a garage like a 2018 model 3? Or automatically parallel park or park in a Parking lot?

Looks like a great truck but feature wise teslas are getting less and less.

I do except reservations will reduce to under 300k just due to the pricing. 20k more decreases the buying pool by 70-80%
This is why they made us watch every single owner open that truck door, and made us all want to be that person. Repetition of wanting to open it and get inside will likely cause reservations to increase not decrease. Go ahead, imagine it again.

So Dual it is. RN112xxx - Thinking possibly Q1. The Extended Range could be pricey but will plan it in and hope it doubles as a PowerWall Extender as well.