Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Except according to the post directly above yours, their config is coming off the assembly line.

But if they want it, without being skipped over by people behind them in line, they also need to buy a $20,000 accessories package.

That's legacy dealer level garbage.

"Well sure we can get you the car you want, but you'll need to pay for the undercoating package..."
It sounds to me like the only "configuration" available for purchase right now is the one with all the extras, fair or not. Overall I'm probably influenced more as a shareholder versus as a reservation holder. If the marketplace puts a higher value on early production then I'd rather see that benefit at least partially go to Tesla rather than to someone who has an early reservation.

💯
For the Cybertruck, Tesla revealed it and then spent years trying to figure out how to build it.
With the Gen3 ($25k) vehicle, Tesla is now working on how to build it and THEN will reveal it.
The time from Reveal date to Delivery date for Gen 3 will be impressive. Gen3 may come on just as Cybertruck starts adding to the financials.
Setting up a position now before everyone else figures it out can be very lucrative. Many on this forum have always done it this way and it's why they hold stock with a $15 cost basis.
Absolutely, that's what I said upthread. I expect the gen3 to be revealed with firm pricing and an order page ready to go, and then deliveries within 6 months maximum of that reveal.

They are buying time by releasing the Signature Series first IMO, and it's a further tease. This is needed for batteries to catch up. It's a continuation of what they did leading up to the Reveal. So I have time.

I've decided not to try and squeeze CT in the garage, it blocks something no matter where I put it. Anyone else having this 1st world concern?

I'm considering outside behind the RV gate (add a gate remote), and get a basic roof over it of some sort, white interior. Make it like the Bat Cave with a fog machine and LEDs.

Security cams would be handy for the yard. Killer stereo with a light show. Maybe by then they'll be able to project the vehicle display remotely for outdoor movies. With a remote... to review your own recordings even! 🍿

They are buying time by releasing the Signature Series first IMO, and it's a further tease. This is needed for batteries to catch up. It's a continuation of what they did leading up to the Reveal. So I have time.

I've decided not to try and squeeze CT in the garage, it blocks something no matter where I put it. Anyone else having this 1st world concern?

I'm considering outside behind the RV gate (add a gate remote), and get a basic roof over it of some sort, white interior. Make it like the Bat Cave with a fog machine and LEDs.

Security cams would be handy for the yard. Killer stereo with a light show. Maybe by then they'll be able to project the vehicle display remotely for outdoor movies. With a remote... to review your own recordings even! 🍿

The best garage is no garage. :)

It sounds to me like the only "configuration" available for purchase right now is the one with all the extras, fair or not. Overall I'm probably influenced more as a shareholder versus as a reservation holder. If the marketplace puts a higher value on early production then I'd rather see that benefit at least partially go to Tesla rather than to someone who has an early reservation.
I'd rather wait until they have made 3K or more so the early items they didn't find out about in their testing are resolved. A bit over 3K was the number when I got the 2013 and it had most of the early improvements (such as the B battery) other than the defroster being passenger centric and the tire pressure sensor. Of course if $TSLA doesn't pick up a bit, I might not be getting one :-(

This bodes well for Tesla. I suspect the government funded EV chargers installed will suffer the same exact fate that the EA chargers suffered: non-functional overly priced equipment that is poorly maintained and obsolete the day it is installed. The program could even be gutted before it has a chance to roll out if it becomes (or becomes even more) of a political football.

RT

Last edited:
I generally read the last couple pages of this thread every morning to get a quick update from the regular posters about the state of our TSLA investments. Most insightful group of real analysts I have ever seen, thank you all for what you do.

The last couple pages are literally: Tesla is making money selling cars, some people aren't happy.

RT

The article says you can get either the beast mode or the AWD version. Both are +$20,000.The AWD version delivery window is December-March and the beastmode is early 2024

Tesla begins inviting customers to order $120K 'Foundation Series' Cybertrucks [Update]

When you order a Foundation Series you also get a number of accessories, including these premium accessories:

• Laser-Etched Badging
  • Full Self-Driving
  • Lifetime Premium Connectivity
  • Universal Wall Connector
  • Powershare Mobile Connector
  • Powershare Home Backup
  • Off-Road Lightbar
UPDATE 1:55pm PT: Here are the regular accessories that are included:

• 3D All-Weather Floormats
  • Smuggler’s Bay Dividers
  • Sunshade
  • Bed D-Rings
  • L-Track Hooks with Tie-Downs
  • Bottle Opener

Thank you. I’ll have to look into that power share home back up. Not sure what that is.

Reactions: UncaNed

This bodes well for Tesla. I suspect the government funded EV chargers installed will suffer the same exact fate that the EA chargers suffered: non-functional overly priced equipment that is poorly maintained and obsolete the day it is installed. The program could even be gutted before it has a chance to roll out if it becomes (or becomes even more) of a political football.

RT
Probably a more useful usage of government meddling in EV charging would be doing something to smooth the process of permitting and or acquiring real estate for the networks. I don't know what specifically would help, but from what I've heard second hand those seem to be the main roadblocks to network expansion, at least for competent operations like Tesla.

Simply providing another government teat for incompetent or intentionally poorly run networks to suck at seems like a waste of money and possibly even locations should they happen to lock up a good spot with bad service.

Probably a more useful usage of government meddling in EV charging would be doing something to smooth the process of permitting and or acquiring real estate for the networks. I don't know what specifically would help, but from what I've heard second hand those seem to be the main roadblocks to network expansion, at least for competent operations like Tesla.

Simply providing another government teat for incompetent or intentionally poorly run networks to suck at seems like a waste of money and possibly even locations should they happen to lock up a good spot with bad service.
Agreed, but there would be eminent domain complaints (and lawsuits "the government it taking our land") plus NIMBY.

RT
Other companies should bid for funding, then either contract with Tesla for chargers, megapacks etc or go full service/support from Tesla (could also just take a cut from Tesla). One or two TMC members could probably fund this if interested.

Just paint them a different colour. BP and EG Group have started.

For remote, problematic areas where planning is hard or electricity supply is low, try Beam plus Tesla Chargers. $65,000 per station (includes 40kWh storage) plus charger cost (they work with all chargers). Trickle charge from low-power grid connection, add nearby solar and wind plus additional storage. Expand over time. Only for tricky areas, charging deserts.

Then make money from rent of onsite shops. Either way use Tesla chargers, backend and servicing for better results.

Last edited:
I expect the hype over a model 2 will follow the same process as the previous models. So my expectations are low, my guesses are:
1. It will cost about $30,000 initially.
2. Range will be around 220 miles.
3. Pilot production in late 2024 in Texas, followed by Mexico in late 2025.
4. Elon will say something like the new manufacturing process is hard, we bit of more than we can chew etc.
5. Production in Germany and China from 2026 and it will take a few years to get going. Potential to sell several million a year worldwide from 2028.

This way if they beat any of the above I will be happy.

I expect the hype over a model 2 will follow the same process as the previous models. So my expectations are low, my guesses are:
1. It will cost about $30,000 initially.
2. Range will be around 220 miles.
3. Pilot production in late 2024 in Texas, followed by Mexico in late 2025.
4. Elon will say something like the new manufacturing process is hard, we bit of more than we can chew etc.
5. Production in Germany and China from 2026 and it will take a few years to get going. Potential to sell several million a year worldwide from 2028.

This way if they beat any of the above I will be happy.
Agree with everything you said, except I think the range will be 250 miles, and production will start late 2024 or early 2025.

One thing for certain - the hype train will say 600 miles for $15K

Agree with everything you said, except I think the range will be 250 miles, and production will start late 2024 or early 2025.

One thing for certain - the hype train will say 600 miles for $15K

Reporter reports: "When I first started driving 6 decades ago, I definitely remember that my car cost $1300 and I could drive it FOREVER without filling up, so at least 500 miles, and I never spent more than $3 on gas. And gas was only 30 cents a gallon! If Tesla can't match that price or range or cost-per-mile 60 YEARS LATER, how will they ever catch up to modern gas cars? EV's are a dead end!"