Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Reactions: replicant
Didn't they cut themselves by combining all models into one group to qualify for the materials requirements this year, and now all are falling out of the credits although the LR alone would qualify?

Although, this is Model 3 only, maybe they're using external 2170s (LG?) as well?

I belive the M3P still qualifies as it uses more performance oriented batteries from Nevada. The other two use imported battery packs.

Time will tell. Let's wait and see how it unfolds. Without more information anything offered here is opinion at this point.

I purposefully waited over a year to make a reservation in order to insure my number would be called much later, and hope it will take another year. If it came for me to decide tomorrow, it would be iffy whether I would go for it now, or not. I hope the buffer I have holds until the SP is in a better place. Or, if the call comes sooner, that I'll have the option to order the 2WD instead of the reserved AWD Dual motor, and set back the purchase/delivery until 2025.
I agree that time will tell. Nobody knows for sure. But Tesla knows better than anyone.

I think that some time in 2024 you will be asked if you want to take delivery. I also think that Tesla will hold your place in line if you want the 2WD in 2025.

Crap News Network running a sensational headline on their webpage about the recall with the text “after 1000 crashes” as if Tesla needs 2M cars to come to the service center for a fix to stop the cars from crashing. “Breaking News” in the corner to draw more eyes.

Not gonna link it. CNN, GFY. Can’t even stomach the drivel of any of the news networks anymore.

Crap News Network running a sensational headline on their webpage about the recall with the text “after 1000 crashes” as if Tesla needs 2M cars to come to the service center for a fix to stop the cars from crashing. “Breaking News” in the corner to draw more eyes.

Not gonna link it. CNN, GFY. Can’t even stomach the drivel of any of the news networks anymore.
I read the article and found it to be fair and accurate. But of course, the person responsible for headlines wanted click-bait. I wish journalists would stand up and fight against misrepresentation of their work. But good journalism jobs are hard to find these days...

Seriously?? This is why stock dropped from $237 to $234 in premarket today? Guess it really is true that most people never read past the headline. So sick and tired of the manipulative media:

View attachment 998912

View attachment 998911

The interesting thing about this recall is not only are they making driver monitoring stronger, they're finally going to lock out basic autopilot on MOST roads-- only allowing it on controlled access highways like folks like GM and Ford have done with their L2 ADAS- and something NTSB has been lobbying for for a long time vs Teslas "let the driver decide where to turn it on" policy.

In addition there'll be eventual suspension from Autosteer use if the driver repeatedly fails to demonstrate continuous and sustained driving responsibility.

Deeper discussion prob. belongs over here though:

The interesting thing about this recall is not only are they making driver monitoring stronger, they're finally going to lock out basic autopilot on MOST roads-- only allowing it on controlled access highways like folks like GM and Ford have done with their L2 ADAS- and something NTSB has been lobbying for for a long time vs Teslas "let the driver decide where to turn it on" policy.

In addition there'll be eventual suspension from Autosteer use if the driver repeatedly fails to demonstrate continuous and sustained driving responsibility.

I think not they just make more visible when it ON or OFF like Blue Cruise or other perhaps to add a color bar on the screen

I do not see anything about road type lockout. Rather, it explicitly calls out "using the feature outside controlled access highways"
Agree this can continue in the other thread, but important clarification for any who read your post.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RCLRPT-23V838-8276.PDF
The remedy will incorporate additional controls and alerts to those already existing on affected vehicles to further encourage the driver to adhere to their continuous driving responsibility whenever Autosteer is engaged, which includes keeping their hands on the steering wheel and paying attention to the roadway. Depending on vehicle hardware, the additional controls will include, among others, increasing the prominence of visual alerts on the user interface, simplifying engagement and disengagement of Autosteer, additional checks upon engaging Autosteer and while using the feature outside controlled access highways and when approaching traffic controls, and eventual suspension from Autosteer use if the driver repeatedly fails to demonstrate continuous and sustained driving responsibility while the feature is engaged.

I do not see anything about road type lockout. Rather, it explicitly calls out "using the feature outside controlled access highways"
Agree this can continue in the other thread, but important clarification for any who read your post.

FWIW my remarks were based on this story:

From link:
The software update apparently will limit where Autosteer can be used.

“If the driver attempts to engage Autosteer when conditions are not met for engagement, the feature will alert the driver it is unavailable through visual and audible alerts, and Autosteer will not engage,” the recall documents said

FWIW my remarks were based on this story:

From link:
The software update apparently will limit where Autosteer can be used.

“If the driver attempts to engage Autosteer when conditions are not met for engagement, the feature will alert the driver it is unavailable through visual and audible alerts, and Autosteer will not engage,” the recall documents said
That just says that it will alert when conditions are not met. It doesn't say new restrictions.

It may simply be that they wanted better notification that Autosteer had not been engaged and whoever has written the article is reading too much into the statement.