Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*sigh*

Manually use the bloody wipers, ok. It’s not the end of the world.

I understand. Truly. Guy who just put in my new windshield took the car for a drive to finish calibration and came back to double check his work because auto wipers didn’t appear to be working correctly while out on his rainy drive.

I laughed out loud and explained to him, ‘They can have a mind of their, etc., etc.,’. He appreciated the information for further Tesla work.

Does this bother me? No. Not even a little bit. I find it endlessly hilarious. I imagine all sorts of bloopers coming from my bot. And did you know my toaster, an invention from 1893, still burns my toast now and again even when I haven’t touched the toasting dial in months! 5 toasting level doesn’t always mean 5 toasting level even with a slice of gluten from the same loaf. 🤷🏻

I understand the inconsistency of auto-wipers does bother some people and to them I say - forest for the tress, people, forest for the trees.
The problem is dry wiping whenever it’s cloudy outside (no rain) and TACC and/or autopilot and/or FSDb is used.

And the dry wiping is continuous unless one doesn’t want to use cruise control…or it starts to rain.

Edit: whenever cruise control is used, the wiper system eliminates the option of “off”; the “off” button is greyed out so one cannot turn the wipers ”off” unless one quits using a cruise control.

The problem is dry wiping whenever it’s cloudy outside (no rain) and TACC and/or autopilot and/or FSDb is used.

And the dry wiping is continuous unless one doesn’t want to use cruise control…or it starts to rain.

Edit: whenever cruise control is used, the wiper system eliminates the option of “off”; the “off” button is greyed out so one cannot turn the wipers ”off” unless one quits using a cruise control.
There are innocent people being killed every second of the day. Is the above really that big a deal? Perhaps to you, in which case I sympathize.

*sigh*

Manually use the bloody wipers, ok. It’s not the end of the world.

I understand. Truly. Guy who just put in my new windshield took the car for a drive to finish calibration and came back to double check his work because auto wipers didn’t appear to be working correctly while out on his rainy drive.

I laughed out loud and explained to him, ‘They can have a mind of their, etc., etc.,’. He appreciated the information for further Tesla work.

Does this bother me? No. Not even a little bit. I find it endlessly hilarious. I imagine all sorts of bloopers coming from my bot. And did you know my toaster, an invention from 1893, still burns my toast now and again even when I haven’t touched the toasting dial in months! 5 toasting level doesn’t always mean 5 toasting level even with a slice of gluten from the same loaf. 🤷🏻

I understand the inconsistency of auto-wipers does bother some people and to them I say - forest for the tress, people, forest for the trees.
The problem is that I can either have wipers or FSD, not both. If it starts raining and I turn on the wipers FSD is not available. Without wipers FSD is extremely hazardous.

So, FSD 12 is still Beta, contrary to what Elon said?
What do you think he said?

For example this says nothing about beta

1703445799138.png

edit I guess you mean this

1703445915438.png

I think we can say the May statement is true V12 is end-to-end AI, and the June statement needs a qualifier. Most likely some version of 12.x to come won't be beta.

Last edited:
Whew, global disaster averted. No problem here. And to think all that was needed was cleaning the sand off a couple of solar panels in the desert. Thanks CNN.

Screen Shot 2023-12-24 at 3.16.54 PM.png

Wait a second here. I now see that CNN has changed their article title to "After a terrible year of climate news, here are 5 reasons to feel positive". So CNN, are we, or are we not, on track for complete recovery of the Earth's ozone layer?

...and what is with the very next article CNN?, "looming mass extinction". Lions and tigers and bears oh my.

The only media I trust completely for my news is TMC. Thanks all posters and mods at TMC for bringing the achievements of Tesla to light, to the fortunate few.

Whew, global disaster averted. No problem here.

TBF even Elon isn't quite as alarmist as some on this topic

Elon Musk said:
It is possibly overstated in the short term, but we should be concerned about it long term.
and
Elon Musk said:
We should not demonise oil and gas in the medium term

saw this in another thread and it bears repeating. It'll take time to get there but by this logic it could be very high margin at some point down the road.

CT will be sold at Model X ASP except:

- No paint shop
- Rear and front castings
- Much less wiring
- Volume will be 2x for economies of scale
- In-house batteries
- Will receive $5.5k IRA battery manufacturing credit

No reason for CT to not be Tesla’s highest gross margin vehicle.

1703453120116.png

TBF even Elon isn't quite as alarmist as some on this topic
Elon sounds cavalier to me. A recent example, "Cows will not be a problem." There's other examples that I don't want to misquote. It's made me question why he isn't sounding more alarm bells? It's this an emergency? I've concluded that his time-frame is 10x mine and he's thinking a new, steady state Earth. He's way past the cow era IMO.

Capricorn One is a relatively unknown gem... <== (thankfully)

(but again, I wasn't talking about the quality of the movie, I was talking about the it being unfortunate to have that plot made about a person...)
n
@scaesare
we must have seen different movies then. when we watched it way back then, (been reading EssEff since the late 50's)
Edison Carter/Maax Headroom series was far better though

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: SmokyPeat
n
@scaesare
we must have seen different movies then. when we watched it way back then, (been reading EssEff since the late 50's)
Edison Carter/Maax Headroom series was far better though
(Off trading hours AND long holiday weekend!)

Well, I mean it does have the required 70's cheesy factor, but it's not overdone... and the premise was interesting...

I don't really think of it as a SciFi movie... the plot revolved around gov't coverup and survival.., the NASA apsce mission was just a backdrop, really...

The Andromeda Strain is kinda in the same family for me.