Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ya.

That being said every time Dojo has come up the last few calls it really feels like the wind flies out of the sails.

Somethings either very wrong or they feel like sand bagging the hell out of it.

The system came on line awhile ago and it seems like it’s not considered a success
Remember the Dojo leadership team also left/got fired recently.

Reactions: petit_bateau
Oh when was this? Edit: October according to LinkedIn

I’m far less focused than a few years back. I pay a lot more attention during earnings calls and less the rest of the year.
Can’t blame you for missing it, tesla hyperbulls glossed over the news as an unimportant detail, when of course it should have been seen as the giant red flag for DOJO expectations.

If you are feeling discouraged about the stock price dropping after hours don't be. Tesla is ruled by the Market makers. Time and again I've logically applied what the earnings call said, and then how the stock performed after. And the MM's just yanked the retail investors up and down the coals with silly non-corollary movements to the facts.
However, they do it using the retail investors against themselves. SO MM's will make the stock go up and down day to day, week to week, and month to month. But there will be some truth to the stock over the years.
The MM's can't stop the stock from showing the strength or weakness of Tesla, but they can exploit the retail investors in relation to TSLA.
And so many fools invest in TSLA not knowing anything about what is done with it.
TSLA is a baited field and the MM's have number 8's to shoot the pigeons.

If you are feeling discouraged about the stock price dropping after hours don't be. Tesla is ruled by the Market makers. Time and again I've logically applied what the earnings call said, and then how the stock performed after. And the MM's just yanked the retail investors up and down the coals with silly non-corollary movements to the facts.
However, they do it using the retail investors against themselves. SO MM's will make the stock go up and down day to day, week to week, and month to month. But there will be some truth to the stock over the years.
The MM's can't stop the stock from showing the strength or weakness of Tesla, but they can exploit the retail investors in relation to TSLA.
And so many fools invest in TSLA not knowing anything about what is done with it.
TSLA is a baited field and the MM's have number 8's to shoot the pigeons.
This is just copium, the stocks gone nowhere for 4 years. MM's can't manipulate a stock for 4 years, yes the chart is a mess but at the end of the day flat is flat. The company isn't even giving a sales target for 2024. MM's can't manipulate Tesla's yearly growth rate.

The part about Legacy not taking up on Tesla's FSD licensing due to they don't believe is real is not true.

Everyone can see how real FSD is, legacy has Teslas to benchmark and they have paid for FSD.

The part that they don't believe is real is FSD demand. Or in another way of saying that FSD demand is so great that people stop buying their cars unless there's a FSD option. We see that they only caved on adopting Tesla supercharger port because the demand for the charging station is so great that it was cutting into their EV sells.

So until FSD is so real that it becomes a must have check box for most shoppers, it will remain fake.

The part about Legacy not taking up on Tesla's FSD licensing due to they don't believe is real is not true.

Everyone can see how real FSD is, legacy has Teslas to benchmark and they have paid for FSD.

The part that they don't believe is real is FSD demand. Or in another way of saying that FSD demand is so great that people stop buying their cars unless there's a FSD option. We see that they only caved on adopting Tesla supercharger port because the demand for the charging station is so great that it was cutting into their EV sells.

So until FSD is so real that it becomes a must have check box for most shoppers, it will remain fake.
It's real level 2 ADAS, but if they get to level 4 or 5, it will be real FSD, because the real world uses are so valuable.

It's real level 2 ADAS, but if they get to level 4 or 5, it will be real FSD, because the real world uses are so valuable.
Yeah, probably need L5, or people having the ability to sleep in the car, to create that must have demand. Not many normal people are willing to pay 5 figures on a software they have to babysit. Tesla finds that their adoption rate is in the teens percentage.
The thing is there are very few people who has the software out there telling everyone it's the best purchasing decision they have ever made. The word of mouth on FSD from actual owners are neutral to negative.

Yeah, probably need L5, or people having the ability to sleep in the car, to create that must have demand. Not many normal people are willing to pay 5 figures on a software they have to babysit. Tesla finds that their adoption rate is in the teens percentage.
The thing is there are very few people who has the software out there telling everyone it's the best purchasing decision they have ever made. The word of mouth on FSD from actual owners are neutral to negative.
Because each update is 1 step forward 2 steps back. It's difficult to solve. Most don't believe we'll see level 4+ in the next 5 years as the poll shows here.

I thought this was a good call as they went through Gen3 vehicle, cost reductions, awareness campaigns, FSD licensing, compute power (training and fleet) and energy. Looking forward these all seem to be high probability events with a positive impact on financials.

Of course the downside is that there doesn't seem to be the demand in 2024 to significantly increase the sales of the current vehicle fleet without additional discounts, maybe 2.1 to 2.3m.

So growth will be lumpy.

It was a comment towards the end I liked the most - "Telsa should be seen as a robotics and AI company" (something like that) that got me the most excited. Its a big vision and I can't think of any other company that could realistically pull this off at scale.

It's really nice to have my Model 3 take 80%+ of my commute on a daily basis. Way more than adaptive cruise control + lane keeping. But unlikely to be a must have for very many at the current price.

And I don't think it's as easy as Elon is pretending. TSLA is having enough troubling training their own fleet. Presumably the legacy company would need to device a method/network to collect data for their FSD licensed vehicles, buy thousands of NVDA GPUs, and know how to train their NNs. It might be different if dojo ii was functioning and leased out.

Last edited: