Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People with cost basis here of 20 bucks or less and have invested 6 figures easy at the time. Sure there are those who bought at the peak but lose 100k from those shares get trampled over by the +2M gain from a decade ago.
Does it really matter that people who got in early are up millions? If I wasn't still in college/med school in the early days, I might have gotten filthy rick off this company too, but without a time machine it's pretty meaningless.

That doesn't necessarily mean much for the future trajectory of the company. Anyone who wants to make new investments or keep making money should be very cautious.

Sure, but the bulk of those gains were until 2021. If you invested since then, you've probably lost money or stayed about even. Even giants fall.

You do realize the only way to lose is to sell when it is lower than you bought. This is optional, not mandatory.

Just because the SP changes does not mean anything has been lost if you still hold shares.

Here's my recommendation for Tesla. Reveal some mind blowing tech and simultaneously give Elon 55B. Stock settles back down to 300 when complete.
I don't know how, just do it! It's clearly your move Tesla. Blow our minds! ⚡🌪️💰📉300🎂

When has mind-blowing tech ever moved a stock ? I “ll settle for mind blowing revenues and margins and average tech

Does it really matter that people who got in early are up millions? If I wasn't still in college/med school in the early days, I might have gotten filthy rick off this company too, but without a time machine it's pretty meaningless.

That doesn't necessarily mean much for the future trajectory of the company. Anyone who wants to make new investments or keep making money should be very cautious.
Something about your company analytic skills tell me you are more likely to lose your wife to her boyfriend than becoming filthy rich off any stock.

But who are we to talk when we sat through a gigantic mountain of BS throughout the years and made our ways into becoming millionaires because perhaps we had access to a time machine.

Off the top of my head... In 2020 he fought his hardest to keep his factories open despite COVID.

In late April when he was being vocal about reopening, rates were already dropping and precautions were shown to be effective. Alemeda county started allowing folks back to work in general about 2 weeks later. He seems to have been more vocal about quickly moving with the available data.

Oh and you forgot that not too long prior he voluntarily offered to make ventilators for, you know... humans.

He had consistently downplayed the effects of the virus even as we were drowning in hospitals and saw more death than anyone should ever have to witness.

As I recall he cited the statistics in the context of relative risk regarding state mandates. Can you point to otherwise?

He has been persistently posting anti-lgbt propaganda.

Example?

He opened a factory in China despite their human rights abuses.

You do recognize that Tesla's treatment of emplyees is not dictatated by the gov't of the country they are in, right? Or are you applying a higher standard to Tesla than the 1000's of US companies with a presence in, or doing business with, China?

From what I can see, he only "cares" about humanity if the "help" he can provide is aligned with actions that earn him money. If helping humanity costs him money, then he'll do everything he can to downplay that issue.

Mostly to see how the diehards are taking things. Answer seems to be mass delusion

Providing drinking water to Detroit. Trying to help rescue kids trapped in a cave. The afore-mention ventilators. Seems a bit of a selective assertion.

But hey, I'm probably the only one in this thread that's not going to lose a ton of money to this company this year. That should help with funding my hobbies.

Most of us don't care much about this year for TSLA, as we are long term investors who are planning to HOLD our shares for many years until Robotaxi's are on the roads and Optimus bots are being sold in the hundreds of thousands. The car and energy sales are just to tide us over until then. 😎

Most of us don't care much about this year for TSLA, as we are long term investors who are planning to HOLD our shares for many years until Robotaxi's are on the roads and Optimus bots are being sold in the hundreds of thousands. The car and energy sales are just to tide us over until then. 😎
None of those will actually exist in any of our lifetimes though

Something about your company analytic skills tell me you are more likely to lose your wife to her boyfriend than becoming filthy rich off any stock.

But who are we to talk when we sat through a gigantic mountain of BS throughout the years and made our ways into becoming millionaires because perhaps we had access to a time machine.
Hey, I've got plenty of money today. It just wasn't made with Tesla because I was not in the position to do so. So unless you want to get me that time machine, it's just not relevant. If you want to make money now instead of 10 years ago, Tesla is not the way to go.

None of those will actually exist in any of our lifetimes though

Well if you truly believe that then you need to start learning better.

People once said autos would never catch on either. Same with television, personal computers, cel phones, then smart phones, etc. Economics always wins out in the end, and both Robotaxis and humanoids will be economic boons for the world, its inevitable that both will happen.

PSA, hover of a username and take advantage of the "Ignore" option, it is free to use!
1707239192610.png
and I'm using @ZeApelido as an example as he won't mind ;)

and never click this button

1707239090067.png

In late April when he was being vocal about reopening, rates were already dropping and precautions were shown to be effective. Alemeda county started allowing folks back to work in general about 2 weeks later. He seems to have been more vocal about quickly moving with the available data.
Sure, and then what happened? Plot twist, the virus very much did not go away, like everyone credible was actually saying at the time. But he only believed data that was beneficial to his financial outlook.

Oh and you forgot that not too long prior he voluntarily offered to make ventilators for, you know... humans.
Which he never actually delivered. What he did deliver very late into the game were a bunch of bipap machines which were useless. Because he's too arrogant to let actual experts advise him

As I recall he cited the statistics in the context of relative risk regarding state mandates. Can you point to otherwise?
I mean really, just go through his twitter. He also spouted some nonsense on Rogan's show recently about how ventilators actually killed patients and that the "treatment was worse than the disease".

Literally today on twitter itself: https://nitter.unixfox.eu/elonmusk#:~:text=@robbystarbuck-,17h,-Yaeli had depression

You do recognize that Tesla's treatment of emplyees is not dictatated by the gov't of the country they are in, right? Or are you applying a higher standard to Tesla than the 1000's of US companies with a presence in, or doing business with, China?
You're the one who's saying Musk cares more about humanity than profit motive. If that's the case, he should be held to a higher standard.

Providing drinking water to Detroit. Trying to help rescue kids trapped in a cave. The afore-mention ventilators. Seems a bit of a selective assertion.

Drinking water to Detroit - I'll give you that one. Trying to help rescue kids trapped in a cave: Never had a real plan. Labeled those who explained his plans were not feasible as pedophiles. Discussed the ventilators above.

Elon gotta eat!

But seriously, if there is one set of social media users that probably already are Tesla savvy it is X users.

Will we see Elon approve any Tesla advertising on TikTok, Facebook, instagram, Google, YouTube, traditional broadcasting networks etc? Or will Elon prevent Tesla spending any money on competitors to X?

On the plus side, clearly Tesla has found at least part of a new compensation plan to keep Elon happy.

Well if you truly believe that then you need to start learning better.

People once said autos would never catch on either. Same with television, personal computers, cel phones, then smart phones, etc. Economics always wins out in the end, and both Robotaxis and humanoids will be economic boons for the world, its inevitable that both will happen.
I'm not saying they won't ever exist. But in our lifetimes? Certainly not.

• Disagree
Reactions: wtlloyd