Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
edit: It appears to me the formatting of posts here does not respect double spaces between sentences. Is that the case? If so, that is obnoxious. Yes, I’m aware it’s a trend not to use them—I’ll refrain from characterizing what I think of the trend—nevertheless the author’s usage should be respected lest quality posts be discouraged.
This is true, I discovered it by accident myself a few days ago. Moderators have no control over the software but I'll complain to someone...

edit: It appears to me the formatting of posts here does not respect double spaces between sentences. Is that the case? If so, that is obnoxious. Yes, I’m aware it’s a trend not to use them—I’ll refrain from characterizing what I think of the trend—nevertheless the author’s usage should be respected lest quality posts be discouraged.
It's not a trend, it's been proper typography forever. The double spacing is a typewriter kludge because typewriters are fixed width fonts and single spacing will appear as no spacing with certain character combinations.

This is true, I discovered it by accident myself a few days ago. Moderators have no control over the software but I'll complain to someone...
It's probably not so much the forum eats spaces but that it doesn't convert extra spaces to the magic HTML element " " - this is default web browser behavior with multiple spaces being collapsed into one and has been for decades.

Unless the plan is to go up and down stairs, I don't get why they didn't use wheels

The plan is for it to go everywhere and do everything humans can, which I'm sure would include walking up and down stairs and getting in and out of cars.*

* If you're wondering why Robotaxis might want Robodrivers, remember that something has to handle the child seats, grocery bags and luggage.

Reactions: Mengy
Almost didn’t want to post this one: I resent very much the cheap phrase “…. killer”.
But too interesting not to bring it to our attention.

Yet unknown how this will compare with Tesla’s Model 2.
Most likely not anywhere as innovative.
But together with the Model 2 this pretty much will mean the end of a lot of old auto.

At this price point, buyers only care about one thing reliability

It's not a trend, it's been proper typography forever. The double spacing is a typewriter kludge because typewriters are fixed width fonts and single spacing will appear as no spacing with certain character combinations.
Ya, well, my Jr High typing instructor is having none of it. We learned on Olivetti manuals, "keyboarding" wasn't a thing, and we liked it!

As typography is a religious topic, I won’t debate you here other than to observe that, for me at least, the advantage double spacing affords to skimming—which is arguably a necessity here and elsewhere on-line as well as with the papers—militate against any ostensible aesthetic disadvantage of its use.

In any case, it can hardly be abused as, say, foregoing an Oxford (or series) comma can be. So, I’d prefer authors’ decisions were respected rather than have the clamor of the throng imposed automatically and indiscriminately.

I really didn't expect this would need an explanation but here goes.

To start a robotaxi service you first need a critical mass of vehicles in one location. You need enough robotaxis to service a particular area. Tesla will obviously want to test the service first and they can't do that everywhere at once.

Do I need to say more?
But, you don't, the limiting factor is safety, not critical mass, based on the mission of the company.

The feature will appear in the app and rollout just like FSD does now per applicable laws.

Clearly, you've never experienced an IBM Model D Executive typewriter with proportional spacing. I repaired those things for 17-18 years That was until the IBM Selectric Composer hit the publishing industry. Many good memories of all the offices (and lovely ladies) I visited. Sigh...

Cybertruck rear ended 1of2 (JPEG Image, 1200 × 821 pixels)

GHJVVqNawAAU3ii

Ooh, the MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES!

RAM THIS!​

GHJVVqNawAAU3ii - RAM THIS.jpg

Franchise rights for silk screening this RAM Grill could be priceless. :p

Better even than the broken glass sticker for the side window...

I LOVE IT!

Last edited:
Does any know if Tesla "primarily purchases [Nvidia’s] products through system integrators and distributors"? If they do, they might be the customer that represented 19% of total revenue for FY 2024. If not, I’d guess it was Meta(stasize).

From Nvidia’s 10K:

“We receive a significant amount of our revenue from a limited number of customers within our distribution and partner network. Sales to one customer, Customer A, represented 13% of total revenue for fiscal year 2024, which was attributable to the Compute & Networking segment.

“One indirect customer which primarily purchases our products through system integrators and distributors, including through Customer A, is estimated to have represented approximately 19% of total revenue for fiscal year 2024, attributable to the..”

edit II: Whoever it was, it looks like Dojo was a worthwhile bet.
Not even close. 19% of Nvidia revenue was ~$12 Billion in their FY24 Year, Tesla likely spent less than a tenth of that at best with them.

Tesla is a minnow to Nvidia compared to MSFT, GOOG & META.

Almost didn’t want to post this one: I resent very much the cheap phrase “…. killer”.
But too interesting not to bring it to our attention.

Yet unknown how this will compare with Tesla’s Model 2.
Most likely not anywhere as innovative.
But together with the Model 2 this pretty much will mean the end of a lot of old auto.

This is amazing, very impressive.

Tesla’s $25k vehicle is still 18-24 months out, and BYD is already here, in china at least, with a $15k model with acceptable entry level range.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster and Skryll