Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't forget to many of us in Europe, small cars are BETTER than big cars, even if the price is the same. I'd actually pay proper money to have my model Y scaled down. Our roads are not like American roads, and neither are our parking spaces.
I would prefer a smaller Tesla in the US because at least half the days out of the year I drive alone and the superior accident avoidance protection provided by FSD doesn't make me nearly as concerned that I might be killed by typical ridiculously large purposeless vehicles here (like F350s with nothing in the bed or a Tahoe or something...usually only with one passenger).

Not huge, but at least going in the right direction.

Tesla Model 3 wait times get pushed back in China
3 weeks into Q2 the registrations in the 6 real-time reporting EU countries are the highest they’ve ever been, which bodes well for the Q2 demand.
Clearly more evidence of a demand or production issue
Here's the supplier website. Looks like accelerator pedal cover is attached at their factory.
Clearly Elon's fault

(tongue in cheek)

Last edited:
What changed from December ("we're quite advanced in that work") to the alleged cancellation/postponement in late Feb? That's more interesting - to me - than whether or not they changed course.

And as I've said, we will likely get more details next week on the call.

We aren't in a position to know.... and as you point out, the idea it's been cancelled is only an allegation. Re-prioritization? Advancements/changes they want to incorporate? Resource management?

I find following SpaceX illuminating in how Elon runs things. Humans have a hard time not throwing good money after bad, that whole "sunk cost" fallacy. Elon doesn't seem to. They are more than happy to scrap rockets, parts, engines, approaches, etc... when they have a better one identified. I'd bet for every full rocket they complete, they scrap 2-3 rockets worth of stuff.

Unless you are going to use it for (potentially destructive) testing that will allow you to save $$ in the future, deciding to spend the last 20% on a deprecated system you've already completed 80% of, just means you wasted an additional 20%.

Same with auto plans... going forward when you've found a better path just because you are already far down the wrong path... just gets you further off track.

Caveat: all of the above may not even apply in this situation, regardless of the fact it often holds true for Elon's companies...

Last edited:
I also hope he stays until ready to "Get yo' *** to Mars!" time.
However, I disagree about how you framed your leaving over shareholder vote scenario. Elon said, paraphrased, that he nees the shares because he believes it is vitally important to work on AI and unless he has a significant minority position such that he and his allies control >50% he cannot control the direction Tesla's AI takes. This is a fundamental issue to him. No full control of Tesla AI direction means he looks elsewhere.
I believe the stock will tank if he leaves & I will lose my expected gains.
I can understand how you would come to that conclusion. I don’t see any of it happening that way, other than absolutely they’ll drop the stock if he leaves, the same way they drop it when he stays and ‘it’s’ his fault. That’s what they do.

I’m confident it’ll all work out. Very confident.

Stuff like this makes it hard for any Western auto maker to compete:

Apple are next, I hear China is about to start making cheap phones too. Obviously everyone will stop buying iPhones and just but the cheapest Chinese phone regardless of the software/brand/design/quality etc.

“After this year’s experience, I feel it is freaking insane that any other new cars are even selling on the US market. The only logical choice in the “midrange new car” price range is a Tesla. Otherwise, you might as well just get a nice cheap used Honda or Toyota for basic transportation, or a sturdy work van if you need to carry really big stuff every day.”

I think Focussed marketing is needed to increase sales.

I'm hearing that after the 'reform' of Delaware Chancery Court, anti-corporate rulings ahem become more frequent causing some large corporations to reconsider. The real problem is identifying the domicile that is predictable in probable treatment. Texas, for example, is very new at this and has major questions about treatment, especially because Texas State legislation often si drawn primarily to protect small, politician owned business classes. To wit: auto direct selling restrictions, and one of the most complex local tax rule structure that exists anywhere. (not too long ago there were roughly 300 different sales and use tax entities with highly variable collection and administration policies). I am out fo date so some of that, hopefully, has been reduced.

Were it to be my company I'd likely choose Nevada at the present day. Texas and Delaware, for different reasons would be off my list.
And after the Chair bragged about all the woman hours spent on researching the corporate domicile, why is there no mention of how much Tesla will owe Texas in corporate taxes? It would be zero in NV

Stock is down over 63% in the last ~2.5 years.

How long is long term?
I’ve been invested over 12 years to date. I have shares with cost basis between $2.32 and whatever my last set of demand shares are going to be within the next couple of weeks. 95% of my shares are under $10.

I plan on holding for the foreseeable future, cashing in as I need money to defend my mountain from @Unpilot.

You want to ask your question again, or move along?

“After this year’s experience, I feel it is freaking insane that any other new cars are even selling on the US market. The only logical choice in the “midrange new car” price range is a Tesla. Otherwise, you might as well just get a nice cheap used Honda or Toyota for basic transportation, or a sturdy work van if you need to carry really big stuff every day.”

I think Focussed marketing is needed to increase sales.
He also says this about road trips:
Teslas are even easier than gas cars for road trips! Sit down in your driveway, type in "Key West" and your whole route is planned right down to the minute including charging stops. And then the car even does most of the highway driving for you while you relax and enjoy the scenery.

People often ask me about charging on a road trip. They will say, "How do you know where the chargers are?" I've come up with something even better. No need to mention route planning. I say:
The car does the driving for you while you relax and enjoy the scenery. When it's time to charge, the car just exits the highway and drives itself to the charger.
I've literally had people stand there with their mouth open.

Blocking just 2 people has resulted in nearly half of the posts being useless. I love this, you should all try it!

The caveat is that we could miss valid concerns…

View attachment 1039987 Or not.

PS. New game called "Name that FUD". Since I can still see the responses, why not guess what the Doomer was saying.
(Note: This is a difficult game - there's no way to know when you're winning.)
This has been a particularly dark "week before earnings" Storm. I too had to expand my Expel list ;)
And no, once again this quarter, they cannot have my shares.