Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Unionization

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I see:

IMG_1697.png

Some excellent work summarizing the deliveries here:

2023-12-08 => 2023-12-15 (2023-11-22 => 2023-12-07)
672 (751) cars delivered
248 (911) cars pre-registered
1245 (1653) cars awaiting delivery - as of 2023-12-15
Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 07.43.55.png

Right now (as of 2023-12-15), the situation looks as follows:
Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 07.45.43.png

If we now assume that the authority blockades took effect from 2023-11-16, we see that Tesla still got 238 of these cars out to customers. A little interesting here is that the vehicles that are pre-registered on 2023-12-14 and 2023-12-15 were also registered on the same day at the customer. Normally, you want to pre-register a little in advance to e.g. manage to get the signs but maybe there is not the same reason for this now? We look further ahead in case it seems to increase in occurrence.

Reactions: petit_bateau

Public Policy and Business Development Manager, Nordics​

Job CategoryLegal & Government Affairs
LocationSegeltorp, Stockholms lan
Req. ID214707
Job TypeFull-time

What to Expect
Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.

Tesla is seeking an all-round Stockholm- or Oslo-based Nordics public policy and business development manager, to join its growing EMEA team. The role is to help ensure that the political, regulatory and fiscal frameworks in the ‘Nordics’ (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland) support Tesla’s mission, especially by promoting a rapid transition to zero-emission surface transport, and a safe and secure transition to assisted automated driving.

Qualified candidates should have a passion for Tesla’s mission, speak at least Norwegian, Swedish and English, possess strong written and oral communication skills, and be able to combine strategy and detail. Significant experience with Nordic legislative and regulatory advocacy is needed. Issue area expertise is a plus but not required since with the right attitude the learning curve can be steep.
This is a full-time opportunity to be based out of Stockholm.

What You’ll Do
  • Tracking and analyzing relevant legislation and policy proposals in the Nordics that impact electric vehicles, autonomous driving, and electric vehicle charging
  • Working with European and global Tesla teams to develop policy positions and achieving positive change in the five countries to support Tesla’s mission
  • Building coalitions within the sustainable transportation and energy communities
  • Working with other Tesla teams like sales, charging, legal, compliance, homologation product development and engineering, to ensure the best outcomes
What You’ll Bring
  • You hold a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
  • You have a proven track track record of getting regulatory changes made in the Nordics
  • You ideally have a BA/BS, with Masters (MPP, MPA, MBA, JD/LLM or other advanced degree) preferred or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability;
  • You are committed to Tesla's mission and Hands-on attitude, tenacity, strong problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills
  • You have excellent communication skills, with a business level to near native level fluency in English, Swedish and Norwegian (written and spoken). Additional European languages are a plus

According to a poll presented in Swedish newspapers today, 58% of the respondents support the union's strike against Tesla. A third of the respondents also answer that their confidence in Tesla as a brand has decreased.

I think it is a pity that Tesla has kept quiet all through this conflict, refused all interviews and only sent out a statement that did not explain much. Its lawsuits were also quite aggressively formulated and did not impress people familiar with law, asking for instance for actions by the court that the court cannot legally grant, despite being assisted by one of the larger local law firms (maybe they let their US lawfirm/lawyers lead too much.

Instead the Union and all left leaning press have been free to spread their views, often very opinionated and based on half truths or pure propaganda.

And still, if you follow this strike on the Swedish Tesla Owners Club forum, there are a lot of facts that could probably sway the opinion and thus the brand image. Like for instance the very few employees who are on strike and interviews with local Tesla employees who are happy with their employments and Tesla and also the crazily disproportionate union actions harming private Tesla owners, who have nothing to do with Tesla's working conditions and cannot influence them.

To me, this is just another example of how poorly Tesla handles communication. It likely stems from Musk's inability to understand people.

According to a poll presented in Swedish newspapers today, 58% of the respondents support the union's strike against Tesla. A third of the respondents also answer that their confidence in Tesla as a brand has decreased.

Elon is genius at letting the Overton Window take it's course. I don't know if it is premeditated or intuition, but he hasn't been wrong yet:

I'm confident the Swedes will come around.

Elon is genius at letting the Overton Window take it's course. I don't know if it is premeditated or intuition, but he hasn't been wrong yet:

I'm confident the Swedes will come around.
As a strong advocate for free speech, I don't object to letting space to idiotic views like those of Alex Jones or Andrew Tate, but what has that to do with Tesla keeping quiet in Sweden?

Reactions: SO16 and navguy12
As a strong advocate for free speech, I don't object to letting space to idiotic views like those of Alex Jones or Andrew Tate, but what has that to do with Tesla keeping quiet in Sweden?
The world (Sweden etc in particular) will debate unionization. Unions will increasingly be seen as old fashioned. Thus Overton window has expanded.

Somehow, I don't think running away from the bully is high on the list of potential options. 🤷‍♂️

🍿
Not running, but making better use of resources. Sweden prob makes up less than .05% of total sales. IMHO, I don’t see a financial reason to stay
However this conflict ends, I don't see a scenario where it would lead Tesla to stop selling cars to Sweden, luckily. In the most drastic scenario, Tesla will stop employing all except a handful of people in Sweden, but the car sales can still continue.
agree. Much better option

Not running, but making better use of resources. Sweden prob makes up less than .05% of total sales. IMHO, I don’t see a financial reason to stay
Reality is that if Tesla leaves Sweden the movement will spread to other markets that might be more important to them. Ceding a market just for "politics" is stupid, especially one that is embracing electrification.

If you have a bully(the union) there are different ways to fight the bully. If you try to bully back you will play the bully's game and they are often better at that game than you are. If you fight, you will lose the cost of a fight, risk injury, legal trouble and bloodfeuds etc. A good strategy is often to show zero reaction and wait for the bully to get bored and move on to another target. Works well with narcissists also. This is what Tesla is doing, the energy of the strike increases whenever Tesla does something, but slowly dissipates when Tesla just does business as usual and being silient. The union is making lots of noise, that's what you do when you are desperate.

I liked Tesla's strategy here. Accept that the union has the right to strike. Keep working and do workarounds for every supplier they lose. Solve the problems the union causes. When the government messes up or when sympathy strikers break the laws, go the legal route and let the legal system sort it out.

I have yet seen an example where pleading, PR-campaigns etc worked to win against a bully.

IF Metal had a full page ad at todays Helsingin Sanomat, which is by far the biggest newspaper in Finland.

I estimate the price for this kind of full page ad on Sunday is about 30k€. Front page ad would be about 70k€.

That union has too much money and the way they are spending it is ridiculous. And what has Mandalorian to do wirh any of this..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231217-214954.png
    Screenshot_20231217-214954.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
If you have a bully(the union) there are different ways to fight the bully. If you try to bully back you will play the bully's game and they are often better at that game than you are. If you fight, you will lose the cost of a fight, risk injury, legal trouble and bloodfeuds etc. A good strategy is often to show zero reaction and wait for the bully to get bored and move on to another target. Works well with narcissists also. This is what Tesla is doing, the energy of the strike increases whenever Tesla does something, but slowly dissipates when Tesla just does business as usual and being silient. The union is making lots of noise, that's what you do when you are desperate.

I liked Tesla's strategy here. Accept that the union has the right to strike. Keep working and do workarounds for every supplier they lose. Solve the problems the union causes. When the government messes up or when sympathy strikers break the laws, go the legal route and let the legal system sort it out.

I have yet seen an example where pleading, PR-campaigns etc worked to win against a bully.

This. Agreed completely.

IF Metal had a full page ad at todays Helsingin Sanomat, which is by far the biggest newspaper in Finland.

I estimate the price for this kind of full page ad on Sunday is about 30k€. Front page ad would be about 70k€.

That union has too much money and the way they are spending it is ridiculous. And what has Mandalorian to do wirh any of this..

I'd bet this ad is in large newspapers across Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany. I saw it while browsing X under IF Metall search.