Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Unionization

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nothing new here that hasn't been covered already, though.

It's interesting how all the comments are against Tesla.

Couldn't read it. Paywall.

Nonetheless, anyone who reads WaPo will most likely be biased against Tesla.

Look how they posted the article on X:

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 10.15.33 AM.png

Last edited:
Couldn't read it. Paywall.

Nonetheless, anyone who reads WaPo will most likely be biased against Tesla.

Look how they posted the article on X:

View attachment 1004538
Yes, look at all those people, throngs of them. 13 from Tesla alone! 20 now unemployed from Hydro standing with arms linked in solidarity. Way to take one for the team of tens of thousands. 🙄

So glad Tesla is being taken to task for daring to offer workers a choice and opportunity for greater rewards than the union otherwise provides. How dare they!

Yes, look at all those people, throngs of them. 13 from Tesla alone! 20 now unemployed from Hydro standing with arms linked in solidarity. Way to take one for the team of tens of thousands. 🙄

So glad Tesla is being taken to task for daring to offer workers a choice and opportunity for greater rewards than the union otherwise provides. How dare they!

You are wrong, wrong, wrong. 🙄

Wasn't it 13 from Tesla to begin with, but some of them went back to work, and subsequently got booted from the union?

This saga is so complex and the numbers of Tesla's strikers are dwindling. I do hope the remaining union strikers at Tesla Sweden aren't forced by mean old Tesla to go back to work and forfeit their union benefits in exchange for a preferred arrangement from Tesla.

Waiting patiently for IF Metall at some point to be down to a single Tesla union member employee remaining to justify the strike continuing. That is, if they manage to keep one planted member in the fold.

Wasn't it 13 from Tesla to begin with, but some of them went back to work, and subsequently got booted from the union?

No. The 12-13 on strike are still on strike. Tesla would not allow them to come back to work for violation of employment contract/agreement. The ones that got booted or actually resigned their membership to IF Metall depending on the version you believe, never went on strike.

No one has lost his job at Hydro, but apparently that's too difficult to understand for some people.
Any objective criteria clearly show that the US has the crappiest working conditions in the Western world. No minimum holiday time, no paid maternity leave, the US is not only the only country in the Western world to lack those, paid maternity leave is even a standard in most developing countries. Most cases of private insolvency in the US are caused by medical bills, also basically unheard of anywhere else in the Western world.
These things weren't achieved by being all nice towards company owners.
Yet a couple of Musk fans try to convince people that bully boy, "pedo-guy" Musk somehow represents good news for employees in Europe.
You really have to live in a completely cuddled tech-industry bubble to believe that.

No. The 12-13 on strike are still on strike. Tesla would not allow them to come back to work for violation of employment contract/agreement. The ones that got booted or actually resigned their membership to IF Metall depending on the version you believe, never went on strike.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Though the facts discount my proposition, they aren't as humorous as contemplating the remaining Tesla strikers quitting the union. 🤷‍♂️ ;)

What most amuses me is how IF Metall handles their highly polished narrative, carefully designed to avoid the several factual aspects which paints them as self-absorbed and foolish for taking on this warped strategy in the first place.

IF Metall seems to think they are David to Tesla being being their Goliath, when in fact, Tesla is the Tortoise and IF Metal is the Hare.

Pass the 🍿please.

Last edited:
No. The 12-13 on strike are still on strike. Tesla would not allow them to come back to work for violation of employment contract/agreement.
Where are you getting your information from? (I haven't heard anything about Telsa refusing to let strikers return to work, in fact we have reports that some have.)

The actual truth is that there were a few more a week ago, but 2-3 have gone back to work the last days!

One came back and his words were: ”I’m sorry”

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
And you know this how?
Because Tesla has released very little information, just a couple of press releases/emails. And every reporter that interviews Tesla says that they won't say anything else and that they are just pointed to the existing releases.

Again, how do you know this is a fact:

Tesla would not allow them to come back to work for violation of employment contract/agreement.

You seem to be dancing around, calling question to the on-the-ground information, while not providing anything to back up your claims.

Because Tesla has released very little information, just a couple of press releases/emails. And every reporter that interviews Tesla says that they won't say anything else and that they are just pointed to the existing releases.

Sorry bud, this is not an answer to:
(Hint: it doesn't exist.)

This is nothing against Niklas, btw.

So you believe a Tesla employee can just walk just walk off their job for(not sure the length, a week or more?) without an excused absence and come back and say "I'm sorry" and it's all good, right? Right?

Sorry bud, this is not an answer to:
So I'm required to support my claims but you don't have to?

So you believe a Tesla employee can just walk just walk off their job for(not sure the length, a week or more?) without an excused absence and come back and say "I'm sorry" and it's all good, right? Right?
No, but they didn't just walk off the job. They went on strike. Striking is a legally protected right in Sweden. Tesla retaliating against someone for striking would likely be illegal. Otherwise Tesla could just fire all of the strikers and IF Metall would no longer have a standing for the strike or their sympathy measures.

No, but they didn't just walk off the job. They went on strike. Striking is a legally protected right in Sweden.

Here's my problem. And I'm no expert in Swedish law and neither are you, btw, but IF Metall doesn't have a CBA with Tesla in Sweden(Tesla doesn't anywhere else). I get the fact that strikes are legal in Sweden(and U.S.) but is it "legal" if the company you are striking against does not have a CBA?

IF Metall(and the Tesla Sweden employees) are striking FOR A CBA!

Remember that IF Metall is paying the Tesla strikers 130% of their pay.

Just because you are a member of IF Metall doesn't mean they can represent you if there is no CBA with your company or am I wrong here?

I know that's the case here in the U.S. but not certain about Sweden and I also believe that it's working it's way through the Swedish courts.

I get the fact that strikes are legal in Sweden(and U.S.) but is it "legal" if the company you are striking against does not have a CBA?
Yes, it is, at least in Sweden.

Just because you are a member of IF Metall doesn't mean they can represent you if there is no CBA with your company or am I wrong here?
In Sweden it only takes one single employee, that is a union member, requesting assistance to get a CBA for the union to be able to declare a strike. It is very different in the US.

Last edited: