Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Unionization

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
50% of general public hate Elon......hmmm, could be I guess now. That goes to show, imho, how much influence the media have on the general public.

I'd say in Europe the percentage is much higher. Everyone hates Elon. And it's not just media influnce, he is just doing a very good job destroying his reputation with his tweets.

US people (Elon included?) perhaps fail to understand how strongly Europe currently is siding with Ukraine, against Putin. Everyone wants Ukraine to win this conflict against the much bigger bully. And then comes Elon suggesting that maybe Ukraine should just surrender some areas to Russia so peace could be made? And making "funny" memes about Ukraine's president Volodymyr Zelenskyi:

1703843230302.png

But maybe Elon is right and Ukraine should just give up fighting against Russia, just like Tesla should give up against IF Metall....

I'd say in Europe the percentage is much higher. Everyone hates Elon. And it's not just media influnce, he is just doing a very good job destroying his reputation with his tweets.

US people (Elon included?) perhaps fail to understand how strongly Europe currently is siding with Ukraine, against Putin. Everyone wants Ukraine to win this conflict against the much bigger bully. And then comes Elon suggesting that maybe Ukraine should just surrender some areas to Russia so peace could be made? And making "funny" memes about Ukraine's president Volodymyr Zelenskyi:

View attachment 1004033

But maybe Elon is right and Ukraine should just give up fighting against Russia, just like Tesla should give up against IF Metall....
Probably because Europe is closer to Reuters, the source of all fake news in the world.

I'm pretty sure that among those Europeans that absolutely HATE Elon truly believe that Tesla Inc would do much better without him and with Elon gone a much greater chance that Tesla would give in to IF Metall, IG Metall and UAW demands for a CBA.

I, on the other hand, believe that should Tesla capitulate to the unions around the world then we’ve likely lost our last chance as a civilization to stave off the worst effects of global warming and there will be far more catastrophic effects that a few people’s sensitivities triggered by Elon.

As far as X anyway, IF Metall seems to be enjoying the holidays. Not much in the news either.

Only activity I see concerning the Tesla-IF Metall fracas on X is mostly back-and-forth between Swedes.

Probably won't hear much out of IF Metall until sometime early January 2024.

I've often wondered what the UAW's plan for unionizing Tesla might consist of and how they were going to organize Tesla employees to vote for union representation.

Well I think I have stumbled across the answer here:

"This daily organizing work is unflashy—but absolutely essential. Too many past organizing campaigns—not just the UAW’s failed attempts, but efforts by other unions in myriad industries—have faltered when organizers took organizing shortcuts, fell back on gimmicks, or underestimated the scale of employer resistance. They tried to “sell” workers on the union, rather than challenge workers to step up and make the union their own. They soft-pedaled the fight against the boss, rather than describing a power struggle between workers and management.

To withstand the tornado of the full-blown anti-union campaign, organizers must place the power struggle front-and-center in conversations, and they must build a union structure inside the workplace that can withstand the hostile winds. That means recruiting respected workers on every shift, in every work area and department, to serve on the plant VOC so they can educate, unite, bolster, and move a majority of coworkers into action."

So basically there has to be one or more Tesla employee(s) who are the union organizers within a Tesla Giga factory.

I know Fremont and Giga New York has union organizers but haven't heard much about Giga Nevada or Giga Texas having a union representation drive.

Last edited:
I've often wondered what the UAW's plan for unionizing Tesla might consist of and how they were going to organize Tesla employees to vote for union representation.

Well I think I have stumbled across the answer here:

"This daily organizing work is unflashy—but absolutely essential. Too many past organizing campaigns—not just the UAW’s failed attempts, but efforts by other unions in myriad industries—have faltered when organizers took organizing shortcuts, fell back on gimmicks, or underestimated the scale of employer resistance. They tried to “sell” workers on the union, rather than challenge workers to step up and make the union their own. They soft-pedaled the fight against the boss, rather than describing a power struggle between workers and management.

To withstand the tornado of the full-blown anti-union campaign, organizers must place the power struggle front-and-center in conversations, and they must build a union structure inside the workplace that can withstand the hostile winds. That means recruiting respected workers on every shift, in every work area and department, to serve on the plant VOC so they can educate, unite, bolster, and move a majority of coworkers into action."

So basically there has to be one or more Tesla employee(s) who are the union organizers within a Tesla Giga factory.

I know Fremont and Giga New York has union organizers but haven't heard much about Giga Nevada or Giga Texas having a union representation drive.
Meh. Fremont workers have voted no to a union at least two times with all sorts of union shenanigans employed. What’s different this time? That’s rhetorical.

How the attempt fairs in other US locales remains to be seen, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Meh. Fremont workers have voted no to a union at least two times with all sorts of union shenanigans employed. What’s different this time? That’s rhetorical.

How the attempt fairs in other US locales remains to be seen, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.
UAW membership continues to decline. It is somewhere around 390,000 down from its high point of 1.5 million. The most telling thing is that there are 580,000 retired members.

Fremont workers have voted no to a union at least two times with all sorts of union shenanigans employed.

BINGO!!! DING DING DING!!!!!

And guess what? There will be more union shenanigans to come just wait and watch!

The UAW's Shawn Fain in still riding on cloud nine from his recent contract negotiations win with the Big 3 and having the POTUS come walk the picket line while on strike against the Big 3 to show his full support!

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the DOJ, FBI, CIA and a host of government agencies are used against Tesla and Elon Musk to make them bow down and Tesla become unionized!

I see plenty of fireworks ahead in 2024 between Tesla and the UAW.

Shawn Fain, CNN Business’ labor leader of the year, plans to keep automakers sweating​

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
BINGO!!! DING DING DING!!!!!

And guess what? There will be more union shenanigans to come just wait and watch!

The UAW's Shawn Fain in still riding on cloud nine from his recent contract negotiations win with the Big 3 and having the POTUS come walk the picket line while on strike against the Big 3 to show his full support!

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the DOJ, FBI, CIA and a host of government agencies are used against Tesla and Elon Musk to make them bow down and Tesla become unionized!

I see plenty of fireworks ahead in 2024 between Tesla and the UAW.
Bring it, I say. Then the nonsense can be ended once and for all. I know Elon won’t ever give up, so Mr. Unions Rule Fain et al better put on their big boy pants because if it’s a fight they want, it’s a fight they’ll get - to at least a metaphorical death.

Reactions: jabloomf1230