Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Update 2021.44.25.2 Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Add me to not liking v11 either. I liked my one click heated seats as half the time that’s all I need without HVAC. Now I can’t turn on my heated seats without first triggering HVAC. The swipe able cards with energy consumption and tire pressure are also gone. Wiper control is also multi menus deep now, why????

About the only thing I like is blind spot cameras.
I miss the swipe tire pressure also.
I could use the voice command but swipe is nice when I am listening to music. That way I don't have to interrupt the music.

I dig it, especially the better contrast/fonts in Dark Mode.

What I find interesting is that after you run a Light Show, the car stays “on,” at least on mine. You need to get back in the vehicle and swipe down on the screen before it will switch back to normal mode.

it is less user friendly.
  • I miss driver profile on the main screen.
  • I miss seat heater button on the main screen.
  • I don't like the cluttered bottom row with Android like icons.
All the key functions I used daily are now hidden at least +1 level deep - DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.
  1. Front seat heater settings are no longer on the home screen
  2. Front/rear window defog buttons are no longer on the home screen
  3. Garage door opening prompts would auto-pup-up when I neared the garage - not anymore. Now I have to hunt for them within the new stupid screen layout.
  4. When my wife and/or me switched cars (phone profile association never worked), I could reset it right from the home screen - not anymore. Now I have to hunt for them within the new stupid screen layout.
Homelink should pop up when you are near the location you saved when you programmed it with your remote. It shouldn't care about rolling codes. It's GPS based.
I can confirm that not longer works. Yet another thing v11 borke.

Tesla, WTF?

Who does your UI usability validation? Blind mice?

a

Personally, there are things I like and some I don't. I'm not surprised at the number of complaints. People resist change. It is human nature. It is also in human nature to not compliment but complain. Complaining is a LOT easier. I am withholding final judgment until I spend some time with it.

I found that "feature" that will bring up a pillar camera when changing lanes kinda lame. For me it brings no information that I cannot get from properly adjusted mirrors. I do like that home screen that comes up when you press the car icon. Most used functions in one place.

So put me in the group of this upgrade messing up my distance and charge. After the upgrade, I was at 83%, drove about 46 miles in total and dropped down to 48%. I also am charging off a 120v until I get the electrician in to upgrade me in 1 week. So the 48% of charge was on Saturday night around midnight, plugged it in and it didn't get back up to 83% until this morning (Monday) around 6am. That seems awfully excessive to get from 48% to 83% (35 percentage point increase). So it took me 30 hours to get those 35%'age points. That's a little over 1% per hour. I think prior to the update it was around 3-4% per hour of charge. It's all anecdotally of course, but enough to make me question it all.

There's no easy way to enable Sentry mode from the screen either. There used to be a single button at the top of the map next to the dashcam feature, both of which seem to be gone now. Major pain living in NYC when I often have to park on street and want to enable Sentry mode just before I exit vehicle. I ended up enabling it through the app as I left the car and when I came back 90 minutes later there was 88 sentry events. Something bugged on the car and it recorded an event every minute I was away from the vehicle...and now I have to individually delete every event from the clunky UI. How have they not implemented a "select all" option to delete all events yet?

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki